The Photo Thread

SlowMo

53 minutes ago, Robse said:

We had a small storm in Denmark recently, not a hurricane... but a little worse ;)  The storm has eaten a bit of the coast here and there, and i found this nice picture from the day after, and thought: It's an obvious "EUC jump - down stairs"   stairs.

Well if a 50% chance of a large. gravity-assisted metal pole up your arse is your idea of fun, be my guest, but definitely film the attempt ! ;) 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Well if a 50% chance of a large. gravity-assisted metal pole up your arse is your idea of fun, be my guest, but definitely film the attempt ! ;) 

I am not into da stairs business. Stairs are square, my wheel is round.  Nofit. :P

• Like 1

One of the small consolations about riding in the dark, that gets here at 3 bloody 30 in the afternoon this time of the year, is the Xmas lights in town.

As you can see, this year I was bowled over by this spellbindingly dazzling array of illumination, surely put in place by the angels themselves ! :)

image.png.5648946aa2b43cf0307cb671c7a32035.png

FFS, Petersfield, even if you are doing a miserable 'austerity xmas' this year, that is STILL shit. No stars.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, OldFartRides said:

No excess like ‘murica at xmass…

6 million lights!

So who puts them on and take them off?

And wouldn't that that take a year or two to do? :) 

So are the lights are just left on, and come Christmas each year, it is a matter of flipping a switch?

I have seen prefabricated led strings with up to 5000 leds - let's say 6,000,000 divided by 2500 each strings, that's 2400 units. Assuming that it takes 15 minutes to roll out a single one / set it up, then 600 hours of work will be needed.  50 men (uh oh, and women) at work, they each have to work 12 hours... that's about 2 days.

15 minutes ago, techyiam said:

6 million lights!

So who puts them on and take them off?

And wouldn't that that take a year or two to do? :) 

So are the lights are just left on, and come Christmas each year, it is a matter of flipping a switch?

I can’t speak for how they do it there, but my dad knew the guy that was in charge of all the decorative bulbs on the parliament building in Victoria bc. He worked year round checking and changing all the lights. They were incandescent bulbs at the time and it was a government job, so who actually knows how that was run…….

1 minute ago, Robse said:

I have seen prefabricated led strings with up to 5000 leds - let's say 6,000,000 divided by 2500 each strings, that's 2400 units. Assuming that it takes 15 minutes to roll out a single one / set it up, then 600 hours of work will be needed.  50 men (uh oh, and women) at work, they each have to work 12 hours... that's about 2 days.

Did you see how many lights on each tree shrub, plant, etc., and how many those living things.

18 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Did you see how many lights on each tree shrub, plant, etc., and how many those living things.

Yes, but I'm pretty sure the whole thing is disassembled and reassembled, these string lights can't last the summer UV light exposure, the cables get tender, and if just one link loses connection, it's typically 10 - 100 or more in the same series / colors that are switched off.  And it's not something you should start repairing at all. But it is definitely a huge job to set it up :-)

On 11/28/2023 at 10:23 PM, Robse said:

We had a small storm in Denmark recently, not a hurricane... but a little worse ;)  The storm has eaten a bit of the coast here and there, and i found this nice picture from the day after, and thought: It's an obvious "EUC jump - down stairs"   stairs.

jumpstair.jpg

Is that Møns klint?

The pics I saw of that took the hole stairway. 

1 minute ago, Unventor said:

Is that Møns klint?

The pics I saw of that took the hole stairway. 

No, its on Als (island), near a town called Mommark  54.921653584749954, 10.043673488293466