The Photo Thread

SlowMo

Just now, Robse said:

By the way, mosquitoes are a good source of protein.

lols, and taste sort of peppery I find !!

Yes, I am not going at anywhere near those sort of speeds, so I guess that explains why they survive our encounters ! Kinda nice to know where the splat threshold is though, so useful AND amusing post !

4 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

lols, and taste sort of peppery I find !!

Yes, I am not going at anywhere near those sort of speeds, so I guess that explains why they survive our encounters ! Kinda nice to know where the splat threshold is though, so useful AND amusing post !

The Crime scene:

Annotation 2023-05-31 105604.jpg

• Like 2

To be fair, that does look like the perfect place for a bit of the speedies, and they have got a whole damn river next door they could hang about over !

I always forget how fast those RS19s can go...

Edited by Cerbera

4 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

To be fair, that does look like the perfect place for a bit of the speedies, and they have got a whole damn river next door they could hang about over !

I always forget how fast those RS19s can go...

Many years ago it was a railway line. It was closed down and in its place the path was paved. a fantastic path, approx. 15 km completely horizontal through lowlands, streams, forest, swamp. Nice soft long bends, and in the evening there are rarely other road users.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, 5Cauac said:

What bike is wifey riding and can it keep up pretty well with the v13? 

It's the eAhora Juliet. It does well on the trails and keeps right up. It's 1000w and has a 60AH battery. She was having range anxiety with her old one so i bought this. a few things weren't up to par on it but eAhora has made good on them and sent me the parts. Top speed is 35mph I'm not much of a speed demon on the trails, i like the scenery.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

It's the eAhora Juliet. It does well on the trails and keeps right up. It's 1000w and has a 60AH battery. She was having range anxiety with her old one so i bought this. a few things weren't up to par on it but eAhora has made good on them and sent me the parts. Top speed is 35mph I'm not much of a speed demon on the trails, i like the scenery.

NIce and thanks!  I just may need to look into getting one of them for mine as well. :thumbup:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, 5Cauac said:

NIce and thanks!  I just may need to look into getting one of them for mine as well. :thumbup:

Your welcome, i chose this particular model because of the incredible range. It wasn't ideal for her because it's meant for a much heavier rider, however with some lighter shock replacements it rides fairly well. eAhora has been great with warranty service also, they have shipped a new PAS sensor that went in the first 50 miles and new forks because one of them was making a clunking sound.  Aside from those issues it's been great now for a few hundred miles, mostly off road. The electric bike is great for my wife because she only has one lung left so she can exercise when she wants and pedal or use the motor when she is tired or out of breath. It's great to have her along because I'm one of the lucky few here in the us that actually like their wife.

57 minutes ago, Hellkitten said:

@OldFartRides What tire is that? Looks very aggressive. 👍

Yes, please do tell us brand/sizing and availability/links if possible?

Edit: just seen from your first photo it's a Shinko, but other questions still apply.

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, OldFartRides said:

Just finished putting the pedals on and am excited about hitting the trails

Looks like a monster upgrade to traction, i love the mod. I would just be careful of sucking up sticks . Its as aggressive as my dirt bike tire and it sucks up sticks all the time but has 6" clearance.

Edited by Punxatawneyjoe
  • Upvote 1