King Song S22 Pro (split from “S22 suspension settings”)

Paul A

I asked my favorite reseller if one could do a board/motor upgrade on the current s22 build and was informed that the control board is the same between variations. It will be the same wheel that is already out, but maybe with a tad bit more low end torque. If it makes the wheel able to climb like RS_HT then I will happily upgrade the motor, but I do not see that happening without a new board as well.

• Like 2

On 12/28/2022 at 6:21 AM, gon2fast said:

I asked my favorite reseller if one could do a board/motor upgrade on the current s22 build and was informed that the control board is the same between variations. It will be the same wheel that is already out, but maybe with a tad bit more low end torque. If it makes the wheel able to climb like RS_HT then I will happily upgrade the motor, but I do not see that happening without a new board as well.

Begode HT motor has bigger magnets and more windings hence also lower top speed, s22 pro motor is similar to s22 motor.

On 12/28/2022 at 12:21 AM, gon2fast said:

I also received confirmation from another reseller (besides eWheels) that the control board in the S22 "Pro" is the same as in the S22 previous versions.

• Like 3

On 12/31/2022 at 6:35 PM, Rawnei said:

Begode HT motor has bigger magnets and more windings hence also lower top speed, s22 pro motor is similar to s22 motor.

These "4000w" motors have been reported in Europe. Kind of disappointed that no one in the international community has posted any stats or videos about it.

37 minutes ago, litewave said:

These "4000w" motors have been reported in Europe. Kind of disappointed that no one in the international community has posted any stats or videos about it.

I bet there is not the smallest difference in Power motorwise 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, onkeldanuel said:

I bet there is not the smallest difference in Power motorwise 

It will be a major disappointment if the new 4000w version requires more amps to do the same amount of work.

Hopefully one of our (wealthy) forum members @Elliott Reitz? with a recent-batch S22 would be willing to buy a Pro and compare them side-by-side.

• Like 1

My guess is that they will perform very comparably, but the 4000W motor will run cooler, especially on long climbs and such.

Another potential difference with the "Pro" is the shape of the slider channels. Looks like the wheels are v-wheels, like those used for the linear actuators on many low-cost 3D printers. That would explain the different versions for existing S22s and the "Pro":
S22-Pro-sliders.thumb.jpg.5d205a38a2aa4da6f02b033be2c6cd0f.jpg

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, redfoxdude said:

Another potential difference with the "Pro" is the shape of the slider channels

That would mean that there are (2) different slider systems, one for the existing S22s and one for the Pro. I doubt Kingsong would use two different systems.

I'll be getting my KS Sliders from eWheels in a few weeks so I'll report if they are the same as the ones pictured here for the Pro.

Edited by 5Cauac
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, redfoxdude said:

It would be consistent with communications in the Suspension EUC Telegram chat, unfortunately.
V-wheel sliders would probably offer more lateral stability, possibly reduced wear? More friction?? I have no idea if they would ultimately make a noticeable difference. The aftermarket CNC slider modded S22s have generally been fairing pretty well though - I'd probably be totally happy with a retrofitted existing S22's suspension.

(Sliders with V1.0 and V2.0 sliders - only obvious difference here is the screws)
https://t.me/s_EUC/38266

(FB communication with King Song stating V1 is compatible with "Original S22")
https://t.me/s_EUC/38531

Wow, way to go KingSong!! :clap3:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, novazeus said:

i bet they'll be some upset previous owners when they see how well the "pro" versions sliders work.

Looks good but whats that clicking? Is it bottoming out every time? Or do the sliders smack against something on the top every time he compresses the suspension fully? 

I have a 6 roller cnc slider version and doesnt do that....

And whats the new batteries? 

6 hours ago, novazeus said:

i bet they'll be some upset previous owners when they see how well the "pro" versions sliders work.

Just as well as the CNC sliders for Stock S22, no difference.

51 minutes ago, onkeldanuel said:

Looks good but whats that clicking? Is it bottoming out every time? Or do the sliders smack against something on the top every time he compresses the suspension fully? 

I have a 6 roller cnc slider version and doesnt do that....

And whats the new batteries? 

I think it was missing some important screws from factory and later broke, Chooch posted some pictures on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/electricunicycleclub/posts/2262491957245874/

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Just as well as the CNC sliders for Stock S22, no difference.

I think it was missing some important screws from factory and later broke, Chooch posted some pictures on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/electricunicycleclub/posts/2262491957245874/

Ah ok thx, yeah that explanes a lot now

On 12/25/2022 at 12:05 PM, Rawnei said:

The other way around would be much worse, do you have old or new s22? Oh you have the upgraded s22? i have the first version.

S23 might have been better but s22 pro still better than keeping same name with all these changes.

Also s22 with upgraded sliders still cheaper and available "now".

And way more than enough for most riders. 

6 hours ago, Rawnei said:

think it was missing some important screws from factory and later broke, Chooch posted some pictures on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/electricunicycleclub/posts/2262491957245874/

i wonder how many sales king song lost because of this oversight? or how many they would have gained, had they not shipped chooch a defective wheel. 

back to the drawing board i guess. maybe the pro will make it's debut in 2024.

51 minutes ago, novazeus said:

i wonder how many sales king song lost because of this oversight? or how many they would have gained, had they not shipped chooch a defective wheel. 

back to the drawing board i guess. maybe the pro will make it's debut in 2024.

Why equate missing screws, a QC issue, to back to the drawing board?

All the manufactures have poor QC and they all need to improve, lots of potential problems could be avoided this way.

• Upvote 1

100% completely avoidable issue.

Its mind boggling any company would be this careless about protecting their brand.

You send out a defective unit to a tester/influencer?!??!  Are you this lazy or dumb?

Boggles the mind.   If it were my company, that specific unit would have been inspected up and down 10X. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

Why equate missing screws, a QC issue, to back to the drawing board?

All the manufactures have poor QC and they all need to improve, lots of potential problems could be avoided this way.

missing screws, bolts, tire, etc haha, qc.

sheared screws or bolts, re-design.

it is what it is. this isn't a brand war, chevy vs ford.

https://youtu.be/6W9dXCd9wws

8 hours ago, Rawnei said:

I think it was missing some important screws from factory and later broke, Chooch posted some pictures on Facebook:

This is why I always take a new wheel apart and check all of the fasteners... the track record of our manufacturers is 'poor', if we're being kind. Certainly not desired, but it is what it is and I'm not certain we actually have options other than refusing to buy new.

• Upvote 1

don't need no peloton! 

i bought a king song s22!

already worked up a good sweat cleaning the sliders in place. (while lifting it and puttuing it upside down, i had to chuckle because ups would call this a two man lift).

after soaking the channels with wd40, used a straw to get to the rears, i used the wd stuff on the left, for the first go.(and a brand new can of wd-40 just stopped working even though it's half full. murphy's law cannot be denied!

not as loose as chooches, but maybe mine has all it's screws and bolts. 

F9CA69CC-8C1D-4BA4-85EA-B3B1F1E8D270.jpeg.2d0c22fc1bc6c2b6d631f038497d10d1.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

This is why I always take a new wheel apart and check all of the fasteners... the track record of our manufacturers is 'poor', if we're being kind. Certainly not desired, but it is what it is and I'm not certain we actually have options other than refusing to buy new.

nice thing about the rc helis i built, they were sold as kits. it would take me about 40 hours to build a robbe nova. i had another one i bought from a friend, a kalt zeus.

but when i built one, i knew it was bulletproof. 

almost 69 years on this planet and i have lost faith in humans and their companies to turn out anything decent. 

maybe pilatus, i hope. because if i sell property here, this is gonna be the only way Bob and i(Star too, my cat) will be able to move about this planet) airlines won't let Bob on either.