King Song S22 Pro (split from “S22 suspension settings”)

Paul A

5 hours ago, Paul A said:

Another option is the new S22 available now.

4000w motor, roller sliders, improvements etc.

i thought the new s22 was shipping like march or april supposedly?

Edited by novazeus
  • Upvote 1

On 12/21/2022 at 11:28 AM, Paul A said:

Yes.

https://www.smartwheel.ca/kingsong-s22-pro-4000w-electric-unicycle-euc-with-suspension-and-2220wh-battery/

KingSong S22 Pro 4000W Electric Unicycle (EUC) with Suspension and 2220WH Battery

A number of improvements have been made to KingSong's S22 Pro.

There is a new suspension pulley system, an improved battery management system, an upgraded mainboard, and a more powerful 4000W motor.

The Kingsong S22 Pro is not only more powerful, but throws in a 126V Smart Control System to be able to gain both incredibly high torque and high speed at the same time.

Upgraded S22 pro Batch | Estimated Delivery March/April 2023 

looks great to me. 

i like what inmotion is doing but there's no way u can ride 100 plus pound wheel in my pastures filled with craters that are like bowls. 

i wonder why king song is being so quiet about it?

16 hours ago, novazeus said:

so i guess "pro" means we tried to fix some of our screw ups from the previous batch and can charge more money?

if i'm a dealer with a 100 "non-pro" models i'm trying to sell, i'd be pissed.

The other way around would be much worse, do you have old or new s22? Oh you have the upgraded s22? i have the first version.

S23 might have been better but s22 pro still better than keeping same name with all these changes.

Also s22 with upgraded sliders still cheaper and available "now".

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

The other way around would be much worse, do you have old or new s22? Oh you have the upgraded s22? i have the first version.

S23 might have been better but s22 pro still better than keeping same name with all these changes.

Also s22 with upgraded sliders still cheaper and available "now".

not doubting u, but who is selling the s22 with upgraded sliders now?

do u think king song will provide upgraded sliders to s22 owners?

so according to that vendor, this is all that changes in the "pro" version.

150V MOSFETS

4000W Motor

Adjustable Velcro power pads

There is a new suspension pulley system

Edited by novazeus

5 minutes ago, novazeus said:

do u think king song will provide upgraded sliders to s22 owners?

so according to that vendor, this is all that changes in the "pro" version.

150V MOSFETS

4000W Motor

Adjustable Velcro power pads

There is a new suspension pulley system

Multiple source exist now from where to upgrade your sliders, doesn't have to be KS ones there are several good choices (which KS used for inspiration when they designed theirs), I have the myewheel ones based on Alexander Vondovs original blueprints and those work great, rumor is that it will be possible to buy the KS ones later via resellers also if you want those specifically.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, novazeus said:

eWheels including new sliders with wheels.

image.thumb.png.73cecf83b629c518e162d83196508696.png

• Like 1

On 12/24/2022 at 8:52 PM, novazeus said:

so i guess "pro" means we tried to fix some of our screw ups from the previous batch and can charge more money?

if i'm a dealer with a 100 "non-pro" models i'm trying to sell, i'd be pissed.

legit. What choice do you have, other than offering a sizeable discount for selling an obsolete product? this ain't 'batch 1' or 'batch 2'. It's 'pro'. 

monster pro, commander pro, now s22 pro. 

if I'd paid full price for my s22, I'd be cross af right now. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, dredwheel said:

if I'd paid full price for my s22, I'd be cross af right now. 

It's a common side effect of first batch syndrome. You get to ride the newest hotness sooner, but the next iteration is just around the corner.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

It's a common side effect of first batch syndrome. You get to ride the newest hotness sooner, but the next iteration is just around the corner.

the cutting edge of technology is a double-edged sword. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Buy the S22 Pro.....and in a few months time, it will be superseded....

Greener grass, forever and ever.

I've been thinking about this. When is the 'right' time? I can't stop gear-lusting for the T4. I want it. I don't feel that it's an upgrade I need, but that isn't helping. They say you can't 'logic' your way out of something you didn't 'logic' your way into, you know? When you see the right one, you gotta put a ring on it. Or a credit card payment.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, dredwheel said:

When is the 'right' time?

In my case, it was also a situation where I was gear-lusting... for the most part. My existing wheels almost nearly met my 'needs', so I rationalized by looking to the increased battery of S22. It is true though, I actually do need a bit more range than the S18 can deliver. So yeah, I pulled the trigger knowing full well that by spring time there would be a new and improved S22. The tipping point was I got an 800USD discount, enough that even with the cost of adding roller sliders I was getting the wheel for far less than MSRP. And I have it now, and am riding and enjoying it now.

No, I won't have the (probably) cooler running motor, but I'm a light rider and don't think I'll need it. I won't have factory roller sliders or pulley thingamabobs and my no-name aftermarket roller slider gamble might not pay off, but honestly the stock sliders (without 'grease') are working well enough that I'm quite happy.

So at least for me, it was the right time to jump into the deep end. Sure, the Pro will almost certainly be better, but not in ways that matter to me.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

So at least for me, it was the right time to jump into the deep end. Sure, the Pro will almost certainly be better, but not in ways that matter to me.

Right? Fellow S22 Lite/OG S22/S22 Amateur owner, I agree. The only alternative is to sit at the edge of the pool while the sun wanes. $800 off is as hell of a tipping point. A deal is what won me over. I keep half-assedly trying to sell it...but I don't actually want to do that. I'm new to EUC, but the ride is so smooth. I only know the v10f. Awesome wheel, but I'm hypervigilant on that thing. S22? ...sheeeeeit. I can handle WHATEVER. I'm a big boy too, so that extra power is appreciated. 

It may not be a Pro, but it does what I need it to do. Still need to get some new suspension sliders though. Anxiously awaiting the review of your CN sourced mods. Your mechanical acumen is noteworthy though. You know how to correct the little stuff. For me, a wheel is what it is straight out of the box. I was happy to find a local dude that can work on these things. I feel like I'm meandering, but it's christmas-ish and I have good bourbon. 

• Like 1

I'm not a bit upset at all, when I bought the S22 that is what existed, I knew what I was buying back then (disregarding unexpected motor problems that has been addressed already), now they are releasing an updated model that didn't even exist before, why would I be upset about that? If I'm desperate I can upgrade the parts that changed but I see no point in doing that since I already have CNC sliders.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

I'm not a bit upset at all, when I bought the S22 that is what existed, I knew what I was buying back then (disregarding unexpected motor problems that has been addressed already), now they are releasing an updated model that didn't even exist before, why would I be upset about that? If I'm desperate I can upgrade the parts that changed but I see no point in doing that since I already have CNC sliders.

I wish I was as reasonable as you. I'm an emotional dude. I feel slighted when an updated version of what I've purchased is released. It would be one thing if the 'upgrade' was gratis, or at least HEAVILY discounted. 

I'd feel better if the S22 Pro was called the S2X or the S23...and it was blue. Change up the chassis or some shit. The 'Pro' designation makes it seem like I just have an inferior version of a product. I'm more than happy with my S22. Like you, I'm pleased and satisfied with the S22. 

Guess I'm just used to this world of firmware updates and DLC. 

$3000+ is a hard pill to swallow for an update.

I feel slighted. I love riding around on the Eagle though. So not that slighted, I suppose.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dredwheel said:

I wish I was as reasonable as you. I'm an emotional dude. I feel slighted when an updated version of what I've purchased is released. It would be one thing if the 'upgrade' was gratis, or at least HEAVILY discounted. 

I'd feel better if the S22 Pro was called the S2X or the S23...and it was blue. Change up the chassis or some shit. The 'Pro' designation makes it seem like I just have an inferior version of a product. I'm more than happy with my S22. Like you, I'm pleased and satisfied with the S22. 

Guess I'm just used to this world of firmware updates and DLC. 

$3000+ is a hard pill to swallow for an update.

I feel slighted. I love riding around on the Eagle though. So not that slighted, I suppose.

Then honestly I think that's something you should analyze deeper why exactly you feel this way, it's a bunch of time and energy being wasted, you are in the same boat as me you have a working S22 and you didn't even know an updated version would exist in the future when you bought yours, even King Song didn't know or plan for this back then, it all happened from unexpected chain of events that led up to them even releasing an updated version because of the ZX motor failures and the community coming up with better slider designs. And as I said many times before if you get or already have upgraded CNC sliders it's really not a big upgrade if one at all because really the changes aren't that big and there is no reason to have FOMO.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Then honestly I think that's something you should analyze deeper why exactly you feel this way, it's a bunch of time and energy being wasted

I don't think that me being irritated is equal to a bunch of time and energy being wasted. I'm not on a crusade. There's not much to analyze. I have a product that is being improved upon. The objectively better version of this product would cost me over $3000. Now I have the inferior S22. It's not a big deal, but you can see why this is not an ideal reality for me right? 

24 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

, you are in the same boat as me you have a working S22 and you didn't even know an updated version would exist in the future when you bought yours, even King Song didn't know or plan for this back then, it all happened from unexpected chain of events that led up to them even releasing an updated version because of the ZX motor failures and the community coming up with better slider designs. And as I said many times before if you get or already have upgraded CNC sliders it's really not a big upgrade if one at all because really the changes aren't that big and there is no reason to have FOMO.

Yeah, I hear you. I'm good with the S22 that I have. This has been some excellent riding. I can appreciate what I have, and also be miffed at an upgraded version being released that renders my wheel effectively obsolete. Again, I'd feel better if it had a different name and looked different. I'm bothered by the direct comparison. I don't think that's some kind of personality flaw or whatever it is that you're implying. 

This isn't FOMO, it's me feeling snubbed. I can both love this wheel and not love a company's business decisions. 

i knew the wheel i was buying had bad sliders from reading the forum, but looked very fixable.

i’m not upset but i am hoping king song will supply upgraded sliders for free or very discounted.

if any other component was bad on the wheel, like the motor for example, they are replacing.

the drawer guide solution sb very cheap to produce. and the goodwill would be immeasurable if king song did the right thing. 

not really a hidden defect because before putting mine in the box for shipping, they could at least jumped up and down on it.

i’m much more calm now about finding obvious fuck ups, then i was when building high end custom on your lot homes. if i found a defect and i knew the sub knew he left it that way, i’d track him down and rip him a new one.

china will make 90 out of 100 defect free, cheaper than almost anybody on the planet.

with a little extra effort, they could get the other 9 of the 10, of the defected ones, defect free as well, but obviously to them it doesn’t make financial sense.

our american companies are no better. germam companies either, since i lemoned a vw toareg.

it’s all shit as far as i’m concerned. be a builder and u will really get frustrated.

i plan on buying another s22 hopefully with the upgrades, then i’ll have one to wrench on and one to ride.

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Is the Pro name official, or just something a dealer made up?

So much she-said-he-said, I have no idea... It's been going around that KS told dealers it's the "S22 Pro", but maybe it came from assumptions after reading the S22 FW V2.25 update with note: "sport S22Pro" (sport = support?)

I'm skeptical that the control board is significantly upgraded compared to more recent S22 production runs, though. In the suspension EUC telegram chat, MyEWheel stated that, according to their correspondence with KS for the "S22 2023 updates," (not "Pro," "2023 updates") KS is just updating the MOSFETs, but the datasheet they provided was for the same MOSFET model they've been using in newer runs already. ::shrugs::

Additionally, apparently KS has two versions of their upgrade sliders, V1.0 for retrofitting S22s, and V2.0 for the new S22 "Pro," with the difference appearing to be screws for holding the bearings on the V2.0? Maybe the upcoming "Pro" will have slightly different slider channels to accommodate the screws, otherwise who knows.

https://t.me/s_EUC/38266

Seems to me the main improvements are a (hopefully) cooler running motor and roller sliders. I'm eager to see how KS's own roller slider design performs. They are pretty long, perhaps to reduce the leverage/torque on the sliders, but it has been noted that if you swap to a shock with longer stroke than the original, the longer sliders may collide with the controller housing.

EDIT: Can't forget, the velcro on the stock pads! A quality of life improvement for sure.

Edited by redfoxdude
Grammar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1