King Song S22 Pro (split from “S22 suspension settings”)

Paul A

34 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Remember these moments next time we're all singling out Gotway for QC ;) lols...

well, there is a big difference to me in suspension problems and fires and cut outs that could kill humans.

my suspension after wd-40 shower and re-lube isn't how it sb, but it's definitely rideable. if king song hadn't used glue instead of silicone, humans would have never known any better. 

i mean how do u ship out a wheel u know is forked! amazing to me how stupid companies can be. 

the fish stinks from the head down!

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, novazeus said:

well, there is a big difference to me in suspension problems and fires and cut outs that could kill humans.

And let's also not forget that the most (in)famous and publicised EUC fire of all time was a KS, and their flagship wheel the S22 had to have all its motors recalled (which the manufacturer themselves did NOT volunteer to do !) for the wrong glue / not being pinned, and the NUMEROUS cutouts / crashes that caused. And now this one arrives with bolts missing, which I would rate as pretty serious in the oversight department. So, both less than ideal I'd say. Not sure I have ever heard of a Gotway arriving with bolts actually missing, but do concur they sometimes arrive loose, and need checking as @techyiam mentioned... it is very good for our own peace of mind to routinely check these things regardless of build quality or QC reputation... every worker has their off days.

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Cerbera said:

And let's also not forget that the most famous and publicised EUC fire of all time was a KS, and their flagship wheel the S22 had to have all its motors recalled (which the manufacturer themselves did NOT volunteer to do !) for not being pinned, and the cutouts / crashes that caused. And now this one arrives with bolts missing, which I would rate as pretty serious in the oversight department. So, both less than ideal I'd say.

i'm not disagreeing with u at all! u should go back a few years and look at my frustration with king song. i had to spend a couple nights at 3am messaging tina wong to troubleshoot my 18s and finally she sent me their software developer program so i could re-write the bms software or some such shit like that. been awhile. 

do u think at&t will help me without me calling the fcc, bbb and anybody else i can think of. of course not, this is 2023 and this is how companies think humans should treat other humans. only do ur job correctly when threatened with loss of income. 

i'll just wait here until king songs mobile repair van shows up at the ranch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

Hey Mr Master owner, why are you here derailing the thread? Maybe this sort of stuff belongs better in a poor QC thread and then we can also discuss the numerous issues with the Master, people cutting out with injuries, BMS or battery packs stop working for no apparent reason, various cracked parts, missing bolts. Even ecodrift samples that was dismantled had critical flaws, how about motor cable mount not even having solder? Super dangerous stuff.

So lets not take one example and base everything on that, all manufactures have issues like this (and that sucks).

Yeah yeah I wasn't going to go on about it any more. I am here because I am interested; being a Gotway rider doesn't preclude me from that ! As you all were, sorry :)

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 2

Hmm, I stumbled upon a couple more images... It would appear that the S22 Pro's slider rails are a tad wider, requiring a slightly wider opening on the battery boxes. I'd guess it was to allow screws for mounting the wheels. (It would be great if they implemented circlips on the V1.0 instead of the common press-fit design, for easier servicing...)
The renders use v-slot wheels for both versions, but again it remains to be seen whether there are any other differences. They look like v-slot wheels from the side, but they are indeed rounded, with a profile that is somewhat like a parabola.
file-mjqWaO9DIk.png
file-PuBy8W1tj2.png

Edited by redfoxdude
Updated info
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I don't get or understand ks22 pro... Just stop selling the current ks22 fuckup... 

In reality we don't need rollers to touch both sides of the t-slots, we just need the rollers running on center of wheel sides of the slots - the right side of the left slide, and left side of the right slide.... should be sufficient to center the body...but the slides should be doweled...

Even though I bought this stupid wheel, and will keep it, it will be my last kingsong wheel purchase, they did great disserve to all us riders... 

Ps... We all can easily mill open the slot to match the 'pro' version from the wider roller slides... Just saying.... 

Edited by MetricUSA

11 minutes ago, Kingsong Russia said:

Awesome, thanks 🙏

• Like 1

So about 10% more torque and lesser no load speed ? All in all there will be no significant differences to the old motor i guess 

It needs to be/stay a 70 kph wheel so after fw adaption they should be the same , they cant sacrify 5 kph 

Edited by onkeldanuel

2 minutes ago, Kingsong Russia said:

yep.. there's more torque and thrust

14M )

Thanks!

By the way, I can't say enough good things about your disassembly articles and the great photos! Very much appreciated! For example, the only wheel weight numbers I really trust are the ones where I see a photo you made of the wheel on your scale.

:thumbup:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, MetricUSA said:

Dam, the pro slides have screws holding the rollers in.... I rather have that slide and mill open the slots on my s22, then have the apparently tight pinned roller slides kingsong made for the older wheel... 

why?

Way easier to assemble and replace rollers, of course, you have never tried taking off a pressed on bearing in your life, apparently... And these are the smallest bearings with no tools to pull off easily and safely... 

Edited by MetricUSA

I wrote this reply to one of the forum members in the main S22 thread, but think it would also benefit from being visible here too:

On 1/7/2023 at 7:01 PM, Cerbera said:

And let's also not forget that the most (in)famous and publicised EUC fire of all time was a KS, and their flagship wheel the S22 had to have all its motors recalled (which the manufacturer themselves did NOT volunteer to do !) for the wrong glue / not being pinned, and the NUMEROUS cutouts / crashes that caused. And now this one arrives with bolts missing, which I would rate as pretty serious in the oversight department. So, both less than ideal I'd say. Not sure I have ever heard of a Gotway arriving with bolts actually missing, but do concur they sometimes arrive loose, and need checking as @techyiam mentioned... it is very good for our own peace of mind to routinely check these things regardless of build quality or QC reputation... every worker has their off days.

It's probably the best joke of the year...
Should we remember the number of gotways that burned down, and the number of people injured?
Gotway's number of "cut-offs"?
The problems of the master?
Problems with pinched cables, which in the long term will cause problems, the poor quality of the plastic covering the batteries, the state of the gotways after a crash, the wood screws?
Cables melting or disconnecting from the motherboard?
The number of models released quickly that we no longer follow, incompatible engines etc?

Gotway has always saved on material and quality, and until 2 years ago pretended not to hear the problems...

Gotway is so good that many European shops no longer want to order them, or repair them...

I much prefer kingsong or inmotion which react quickly, and as others have said, I myself had a problem 2 years ago quickly resolved by ks china by e-mail exchanges and soft tuner. ..