Begode EX30 4000W 3600Wh 134v Suspension

ugoaps

Oh boy, that "We removed some caps from the board because we found out afterwards that there is no space for them" is classic Begode. (From the EcoDrift disassembly article) Will probabably not matter tough.

But proves they still don't really plan ahead, or plan the wheel in its entirety.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Hellkitten said:

Did you ride it, if you did what are your thoughts?

I didn't get a chance to ride it as I was on my lunch break from work. I'll maybe get a chance to ride it (in the store) sometime.

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Clem604 said:

I finally had a chance to see the EX30 in person today and I have to say that I'm impressed by the quality of the wheel. It has a really solid feel to it, something that I didn't feel with the T4 or the Master.   It's easily to say that this is the most well built Begode wheel to date and in my opinion it is. If I didn't already buy a Sherman S already I would absolutely consider this wheel, I'm officially a big fan.

The battery boxes DID seem low to me. I'm not certain if that would cause issues with stairs or whatnot but for myself, I don't ride stairs or launch curbs so I would be ok with it.

This was the wheel from the Eevees teardown video.

Bonus: Master Pro V2 in the back

20230222_173435.thumb.jpg.511a8fd42c15c2645ce1a2b704f27740.jpg

At some angles the stock pads look pretty clean, but some angles I think the stock pads look so ugly haha. This picture makes the ex30 look so good. Im still waiting on mine. Did eevees replace the tire with that kenda? I thought the tire that came stock was the cst186 knobby

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cobaltsaber said:

At some angles the stock pads look pretty clean, but some angles I think the stock pads look so ugly haha. This picture makes the ex30 look so good. Im still waiting on mine. Did eevees replace the tire with that kenda? I thought the tire that came stock was the cst186 knobby

This EX30 came stock with the Kenda AFAIK. The employee mentioned that they were in the middle of filming the review for it and that nothing was changed from stock.

The stock pads on the EX30 aren't bad at all, the Master Pro V2 however, looks really bad IMO. The pads look weird and the single round headlight seems undersized and out of place. The V1 is much nicer aesthetically but the metal battery boxes of the V2 are a plus.

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Clem604 said:

This EX30 came stock with the Kenda AFAIK. The employee mentioned that they were in the middle of filming the review for it and that nothing was changed from stock.

The stock pads on the EX30 aren't bad at all, the Master Pro V2 however, looks really bad IMO. The pads look weird and the single round headlight seems undersized and out of place. The V1 is much nicer aesthetically but the metal battery boxes of the V2 are a plus.

that picture is so nice. Pretty sure the EX30 doesn’t come with the Kenda tire. They must have changed it during their tear down video. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, koto said:

Definitely it is a very good wheel for long range and speed. It is nimble enough for city riding. It is quite natural to ride but everything require more effort than on the master or the commander pro.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Just basing on your first impressions, which of the two do you prefer: Commander Pro or EX30? And why?

As someone who knows nothing about how battery packs on EUCs work... potentially ludicrous question...  Is it possible to run the EX30 with only 2 battery packs attached instead of 4, and have an EX30 with the same weight as the Master?

17 minutes ago, koto said:

Very tough choice:

Commander Pro is lighter, more nimble => easier to use in a city.

EX30 is more stable especially for higher speed => more comfortable for long range ride. If you like seated riding the EX30 is far better (I like it just for fun so it is not a key feature for me)

So I cannot say exactly which one I prefer. I like these 2 wheels. Globally both are definitely OK for me. Hard to say which one I prefer ...

I'm facing the same choice, what do you think is better for trail riding of the two, EX30 or Commander Pro?

35 minutes ago, koto said:

Very tough choice:

Commander Pro is lighter, more nimble => easier to use in a city.

EX30 is more stable especially for higher speed => more comfortable for long range ride. If you like seated riding the EX30 is far better (I like it just for fun so it is not a key feature for me)

So I cannot say exactly which one I prefer. I like these 2 wheels. Globally both are definitely OK for me. Hard to say which one I prefer ...

while i haven't ridden either of these wheels, this is pretty much how is see it as well.

20 minutes ago, pioneer said:

I'm facing the same choice, what do you think is better for trail riding of the two, EX30 or Commander Pro?

EBCP in my opinion. The EX30 is heavier, bulkier and the battery placement is not ideal for trails and off-roading. The EX30 is more an open street wheel, which will win compared to the EBCP in that scenario. The EBCP should be more versatile off-road. I'd rather compare the EBCP to the Sherman-s, and the EX30 to the V13 for more similar types of wheels.

As far as quality? The EX30 is better than the EBCP from what we've seen so far

Edited by BKW
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, BKW said:

EBCP in my opinion. The EX30 is heavier, bulkier and the battery placement is not ideal for trails and off-roading. The EX30 is more an open street wheel, which will win compared to the EBCP in that scenario. The EBCP should be more versatile off-road. I'd rather compare the EBCP to the Sherman-s, and the EX30 to the V13 for more similar types of wheels.

As far as quality? The EX30 is better than the EBCP from what we've seen so far

Well, given that you mentioned Sherman S, same question about EBCP vs SS for trail riding, what do you think? (Although it's a bit off topic here.)

51 minutes ago, pioneer said:

Well, given that you mentioned Sherman S, same question about EBCP vs SS for trail riding, what do you think? (Although it's a bit off topic here.)

Disclaimer that people probably don't really care about: Some people dislike using the initials "SS" due to Nazi history, but to those people I say you're too sensitive; obviously, we are using it to describe the Sherman-S :facepalm:

To answer your question, the SS is known to have the "best suspension out" currently. You can say there is bias there, but I will take it at face-value. Also, the Sherman-S is LEAGUES better quality than the EBCP as far as overall quality. The EBCP and the Sherman-S are what I like to call "all-around" wheels, meaning you can take off-road and on-road competently.

It's probably more a personal choice, both should handle decently for off-roading when comparing the two. The suspension should feel better on the SS than the EBCP for off-roading. Suspension durability? Not sure because not enough info on the EBCP suspension durability yet, but the SS suspension durability seems pretty solid. Safe bet: go with the SS if you're looking for the best suspension experience, both on-road and off-road.

Best quality? Go with the SS, for sure. Best durability overall? SS. Best torque? Probably the EBCP due to 134volt wheel. The EBCP better torque will be advantageous for off-roading due to overcoming obstacles and hills, etc., but this doesn't mean the SS is bad either -- it's actually good as well, just likely not as torquey. The EBCP suspension sounds pretty decent from what we've heard so far, and they say it is very comparable to the SS suspension, which means it is "good".

My personal choice: I want the EBCP because the 134volt and other reasons. Safest bet for on-road and off-road: SS.

Easiest way to choose for off-roading: go with the EBCP if you want more torque, and go for the SS if you want better suspension.

Better overall wheel for the price in my opinion: SS

Edited by BKW
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, pioneer said:

I'm not sure to understand exactly what I have to understand with "trail" riding. I had not the opportunity to test these wheels for trail riding. I think it is wise to wait for reviews from people who can test these wheels for long time. We can see some reviews on the commander pro but we need wait for reviews on the EX30. I'm also waiting for these reviews.

Anyway, I imagine that on dirt roads or grass with medium irregularities without the need to make too many agility gestures the EX30 will perform better (but the Commander Pro will be also very efficient and comfortable). But If we need more agilities for I don't know what reason the Commander Pro would be more relevant. Please do not rely too much on what I wrote since these are not based on an actual experience. I guess we could see more information from other riders within few days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BKW said:

Disclaimer that people probably don't really care about: Some people dislike using the initials "SS" due to Nazi history, but to those people I say you're too sensitive; obviously, we are using it to describe the Sherman-S :facepalm:

To answer your question, the SS is known to have the "best suspension out" currently. You can say there is bias there, but I will take it at face-value. Also, the Sherman-S is LEAGUES better quality than the EBCP as far as overall quality. The EBCP and the Sherman-S are what I like to call "all-around" wheels, meaning you can take off-road and on-road competently.

It's probably more a personal choice, both should handle decently for off-roading when comparing the two. The suspension should feel better on the SS than the EBCP for off-roading. Suspension durability? Not sure because not enough info on the EBCP suspension durability yet, but the SS suspension durability seems pretty solid. Safe bet: go with the SS if you're looking for the best suspension experience, both on-road and off-road.

Best quality? Go with the SS, for sure. Best durability overall? SS. Best torque? Probably the EBCP due to 134volt wheel. The EBCP better torque will be advantageous for off-roading due to overcoming obstacles and hills, etc., but this doesn't mean the SS is bad either -- it's actually good as well, just likely not as torquey. The EBCP suspension sounds pretty decent from what we've heard so far, and they say it is very comparable to the SS suspension, which means it is "good".

My personal choice: I want the EBCP because the 134volt and other reasons. Safest bet for on-road and off-road: SS.

Easiest way to choose for off-roading: go with the EBCP if you want more torque, and go for the SS if you want better suspension.

Better overall wheel for the price in my opinion: SS

Thank you, that was comprehensive. I'm also looking for the range, but it should be similar I believe. Someone on Facebook has tested and got this, seems CP has slightly better results.

IMG_20230224_230147_763.jpg

• Like 2

Any word on upcoming wheels that are like the ex30 in everything except weight... and the weight is about 20-30 lbs lighter?

And hypothetically, if there was a wheel that is like the ex30 in everything except weight, which one will be more stable at higher speeds: The one that is 20-30 lbs lighter, or the ex30?

The reason I am asking this is because I am a lighter rider (140 lbs), and I am not crazy about buying something that is so heavy.

6 minutes ago, jmsjms said:

Any word on upcoming wheels that are like the ex30 in everything except weight... and the weight is about 20-30 lbs lighter?

And hypothetically, if there was a wheel that is like the ex30 in everything except weight, which one will be more stable at higher speeds: The one that is 20-30 lbs lighter, or the ex30?

The reason I am asking this is because I am a lighter rider (140 lbs), and I am not crazy about buying something that is so heavy.

What features of the EX30 do you mean in particular? Might be they will use the same frame but with less battery capacity, kinda like a new version of the Master.

11 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

What features of the EX30 do you mean in particular? Might be they will use the same frame but with less battery capacity, kinda like a new version of the Master.

Everything the same without sacrificing its positives, except the wheel is scaled down to be about 15-20% smaller -- which in turn makes it lighter... something like 60-80 lbs in weight instead of 100 lbs.

Edited by jmsjms

45 minutes ago, jmsjms said:

Nothing really rides like this next generation of large suspension wheels. At a ex30 demo, my buddy told me the ex30 rides closest to a non suspension sherman out of all the new wheels that are coming out (he has tried the sherman-s, v13, ex30 and s22 pro). The lower battery boxes really help that much. The sherman is a fan favorite by many EUC riders and is a very pleasant cruiser wheel to ride. Only thing is there is no suspension like the new wheels

25 minutes ago, jmsjms said:

When a short 140 lbs guy (like me) tries to ride it, is the ex30 going to feel like I am trying to ride a horse?

I am 135lbs and tried the v13. I have an ex30 on order. Its less about the overall weight and more about the weight distribution. The v13 was tall, but skinny. It was manageable and even suprisingly nimble (for its size, but I wouldnt call it that nimble). The ex30 at 10lbs lighter than the v13 is going to be way better due to the lower battery boxes. The local ex30 demo near me, a girl weighing 90lbs was able to ride the ex30 like her sherman. I think you will be fine. No need to focus on the pure numerical weight.

Edited by Cobaltsaber
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1