Extremebull Commander Pro (134.4v,3600wh,suspension)

On 10/14/2023 at 5:49 AM, Cobaltsaber said:

Commander Pro 50S coming. I believe 50S cells and c40 motor from the EX30. Wonder how the wider rim but higher batteries (than the ex30) affect its handling

IMG_8232.jpeg

Please, look at there, what he said about of the 50S batteries (from t=4:41). Is this type of batteries really suit for most of owners?

Update: as I see, the cycle life depends of discharge current. The 50S cells allow much more discharge current, than 50E.  Another words, the 50S is better choice for EUC, than 50E.

image.png.96b9e0f8efb698cbca7e466addbf0eac.png

Edited by Hungary

But will it still have 17 wheels?

Some of us prefer our unicycles with only 1...

On 1/4/2023 at 5:09 PM, Paul g said:

could be placed for safer functioning: 

8B3BA8F7-67E2-4DE6-B7F4-BE3033B2E1C8.thumb.jpeg.8dfff03f0f3f134b931111d99bf69172.jpeg

Edit: Less wheels there are the more simple and robust the system would be. Less parts, less costs, easier to build, to maintain and clean.

11 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Jack visited the Begode/ExtremeBull HQ earlier this morning, had a chance to test the new CommanderPro 50S & GT. I believe he'll be writing up his first impressions tomorrow. The C40 is 2mm wider, the 'C' number is the width of the rotor/rim magnets. 

Key distinctions between the GT & CP50S are:

- CP50S has a 3,600Wh pack vs 2,400Wh on the GT, both use the 50S cells
- Motor on the CP 50S is a 4KW C40 vs 3.5KW C38 on the GT
- CP50S has a maximum no-load speed of 120kph vs 115kph with the GT 
- CP50S has a new 36 FET controller & EX30 display, on the right 
- CP50S is equipped with the CNC handle parts as standard
- CP50S net weight of 45kg vs 42kg
- Price delta expected to be about $300 difference  

With the CP50S coming on the heels of the GT, I think it's going to be difficult for the GT to make much of a market impression, similar to the effect of the Master X & MasterPro from last year....

CommanderPro50SControllerr-Copy1.jpg.61616c54afb2523691635bda39e2a3fc.jpg

CP50SvsGT.thumb.jpg.1e514a9eb600f940a7c512e4dd6a2f0c.jpg

I really wish the Commander Pro came with that larger display. That and the noise that still bugs me but have come to accept, are the only things that bother me with my wheel. I also upgraded to the cnc handles almost as soon as they were available but really the only necessary one was the trolley handle. The handle should have been a discount imo simply because the weight of the wheel with the original handle made the wheel cumbersome to manage. Too much flex in the handle for that weight. It was sub-par. I still think the CP is highly under-rated.

The C40 is 2mm wider, the 'C' number is the width of the rotor/rim magnets. 

The magnets are 2mm wider, however the actual rim/bead where the tire sits is 0.15" (3.8mm) wider than the newer wider version c38 rim. This makes certain tires sit with a different profile on the c40 rim. Roger has made a spacer to put on the ex30 rim to make the michelin pilot street 2 tire sit more like its supposed to rather than flatter on the c40 rim.

CP50S has a new 36 FET controller & EX30 display, on the right 

This is gonna be sweet. Looks like it's basically an EX30 with a different shell and suspension at this point

On 10/18/2023 at 12:02 AM, BKW said:

Anyone have trouble updating the latest firmware release for the CP? I think it was released on the 13th. Mine keep getting stuck at 0% or 1% when trying to update. Any ideas?

Are you connected to a good wifi connection with the phone close to the wheel? Also make sure that your phone doesn’t “go to sleep” (aka the screen turns off).

15 hours ago, Cobaltsaber said:

This is gonna be sweet. Looks like it's basically an EX30 with a different shell and suspension at this point

This is what I don't really get. Both the EX and CP will essentially be the same wheel. It's not like the EX has loads more suspension travel either so you couldn't say one was more trail orientated than the other unless you consider the ability of the EX to be more tuneable. Just seems odd that they will be so close in spec. Further, some could argue the OG CP is better as I believe the charge rate can be higher? I read that at anything over 8A on the EX it will shut down as it approaches peak voltage whereas the older 'non charge board' CP doesn't have this problem and can be left at 12A no problem, dropping as usual as it hits the balance phase.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Gkindy said:

Are you connected to a good wifi connection with the phone close to the wheel? Also make sure that your phone doesn’t “go to sleep” (aka the screen turns off).

I thought it was a new update for the CP, but it is an update for another wheel.

Will Alien Rides be carrying the CP 50S?

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! $3,327.33 | Extreme Bull Commander Pro 50S 3600Wh Battery 134.4V 5A 20inch C40 4000W Motor Commander Pro Speed 120km/h Electric Unicycle
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrh0wPa

12 hours ago, GitDatPC said:

Will Alien Rides be carrying the CP 50S?

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! $3,327.33 | Extreme Bull Commander Pro 50S 3600Wh Battery 134.4V 5A 20inch C40 4000W Motor Commander Pro Speed 120km/h Electric Unicycle
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrh0wPa

Yup. I saw that too. Keep an eye out for it on EUC Ungerground on telegram. Always good deals coming from Lem.

Not sure about alien rides. Are you thinking about getting this? I personally wouldn't get it because I already have the CP (I also have more than enough wheels in general anyway).

1 hour ago, BKW said:

Yup. I saw that too. Keep an eye out for it on EUC Ungerground on telegram. Always good deals coming from Lem.

Not sure about alien rides. Are you thinking about getting this? I personally wouldn't get it because I already have the CP (I also have more than enough wheels in general anyway).

I guess the 50S batteries are high performance, but short life span? That might not be good for my pulling 1000 miles a month on my current CP 🙂

4 hours ago, GitDatPC said:

I guess the 50S batteries are high performance, but short life span? That might not be good for my pulling 1000 miles a month on my current CP 🙂

Shorter life span if being discharged at the maximum current. If they're being discharged at the same rate as 50E, the lifespan is supposed to be comparable.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, eezo said:

Shorter life span if being discharged at the maximum current. If they're being discharged at the same rate as 50E, the lifespan is supposed to be comparable.

Hmm, I believe it's time for me to swipe the credit card when the wife's not looking 😁 Mua ha ha

Anyone have any issues with the suspension rollers on their CP?

Mine looks as if it has come a bit loose from where it screws in and I'm guessing it's causing a rubbing/vibration effect because of this. I'm going to take it apart and inspect it soon (I've been too lazy to do it recently).

Are these plastic rollers relatively easy to fix or replace? Or even find parts for?

Edited by BKW

On 11/6/2023 at 9:57 PM, BKW said:

Anyone have any issues with the suspension rollers on their CP?

Mine looks as if it has come a bit loose from where it screws in and I'm guessing it's causing a rubbing/vibration effect because of this. I'm going to take it apart and inspect it soon (I've been too lazy to do it recently).

Are these plastic rollers relatively easy to fix or replace? Or even find parts for?

i do not have issues or vibrations but i'm going to do a maintenance check, i've the first version rollers that can be damaged over time (and for sure they are).

5000 km on my CPro atm, nothing to say about the wheel

• Like 2

I’m in the verge of ordering a CP 50E as my first suspended EUC. The form factor, specs and price suit me, where LK and BG are either too expensive or pad oriented.

There are some cons like the finishing, and some weaknesses in the conception but AFAIK it doesn’t have any major faults / issues. Am I missing anything?

The most concerning post I read was someone whose BMS alarm went of after riding in a downpour and laying it on its stand bumpers. Freak accident? I’m wary of water ingress.

Thanks for any input!

(50S might be reachable but I really don’t need the power (maybe for low speed acceleration) and it is heavier in weight and probably in handling)

Edited by null

Thanks for the reply, yes that seems to be a weak point. Some people have done several thousand without having the issue though. I’ll probably hope that it doesn’t happen to quickly and that they can be replaced by better rollers.

There is also the scraping some people have had, I’ll hope it’s been sorted by now or that it can be DIY.

Edited by null

4 hours ago, null said:

Thanks for the reply, yes that seems to be a weak point. Some people have done several thousand without having the issue though. I’ll probably hope that it doesn’t happen to quickly and that they can be replaced by better rollers.

There is also the scraping some people have had, I’ll hope it’s been sorted by now or that it can be DIY.

I love my CP! That isn’t to say there aren’t issues but I haven’t experienced anything like scraping, or issues with rollers. I still have a troubling sound when I brake and I’m not sold my wheel is set properly (looks offset to me, dealer doesn’t think so). Definitely grab some loctite for the pedals. They will loosen at some point. When it happens for me it has been exclusively after transporting it in my car.

• Like 1