Extremebull Commander Pro (134.4v,3600wh,suspension)

1. The new default pedal dip adjustment in the new firmware is significant . Not in a bad way, but I noticed just how different by accident when I was trollying the wheel. I leaned it to take a sharp corner and it accelerated on me. Once I felt that, I started trying out riding slow and taking sharp small turns. The change is very apparent in low speed sharp 180's, you can feel the wheel accelerating under you.
  2. I read something earlier in the thread about the brake light doing differing things based on how it senses your speed and braking. Mine doesn't change during deceleration, just a solid red color even when braking hard. 
  • Like 2

On 7/24/2023 at 4:38 AM, EMA said:

it do have a braking indicator, it's blue while stopped, red while riding and blinking red while braking

and it's way better than most of the EUC on the market atm

Circling back to this, mine does not blink red while braking. Is there a speed from which you need to be braking in order to get it to blink? Or how fast you need to brake to trigger it?

Edited by eezo

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone experience a rubbing feeling coming from their CP suspension? It even creaks a rubbing sound and I can feel the rubbing when it shifts up and down. Started softly and now it's very pronounced. Any ideas? I'll have to take it apart again and look at it but just curious if anyone else experienced this or have any ideas what it might be

Edited by BKW

On 8/11/2023 at 7:02 PM, eezo said:

Circling back to this, mine does not blink red while braking. Is there a speed from which you need to be braking in order to get it to blink? Or how fast you need to brake to trigger it?

i remember it blinks :ph34r: but if yours not...than i'm wrong :popcorn:

i'll check asap at home

11 hours ago, BKW said:

Anyone experience a rubbing feeling coming from their CP suspension? It even creaks a rubbing sound and I can feel the rubbing when it shifts up and down. Started softly and now it's very pronounced. Any ideas? I'll have to take it apart again and look at it but just curious if anyone else experienced this or have any ideas what it might be

Might want to check to see if any of your sliders came off. I recall this being something that happened with normal use, though none of mine have come off in ~800 miles.

Also, check your tire. I had two friends have tire rubbing and unseating of a specific duro tire recently.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, TheNotoriousEUC said:

How many miles do you have on it? I haven’t but I have less than 150 miles. All street. No grass or dirt unless I made a wrong turn.

Around 2K miles. All street

This is likely more of a general question but since I have a CP I’ll post it here. I have been riding my wheel at 32 PSI. I decided to increase it to 36 and the wobbles I was getting were a lot. I hadn’t had that issue with accelerating until today; only with braking from a high speed, quickly. It was windy today but I don’t think it was too much more than any other somewhat windy days. Just wondering if it takes a beat to get used to the higher PSI? Or could really have just been the wind and it was a bit more than I’m used to. I have had it out on breezy days and maybe today was slightly more but perhaps it was just enough for me to have issues.

PSI means A LOT when it comes to stability on EUCs. Likely, if it feels too wobbly for you then it probably is your PSI being too high, unless you’re a new rider and wobbles are somewhat common for you still. 

Are you riding the stock knobby or a street tire? I know the k340A street tire has max PSI of 33, not sure of the stock knobby though. Also, the lighter you are the less PSI you may need in general.

I do think when you get “better” your ability to ride at higher PSI gets better, but there still is a point where it’s just too high and makes stability harder. 

Edited by BKW
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

That is the tire I have (K340A) but it says 40 psi. I may bump it down a couple. I just want to do what I can from banging the rim up going down a curb on occasion. Thanks a lot for the feedback. I really appreciate it.

And I am still fairly new to riding but I haven’t dealt with these while accelerating, before. 

Edited by TheNotoriousEUC
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, TheNotoriousEUC said:

I just want to do what I can from banging the rim up going down a curb on occasion.

Going down a curb you hit a flat surface. There’s no danger for your rim unless you go under maybe 15 psi. Bonking up a curb or hitting a sharp pothole is what dents the rims.

I think the good psi range for motorcycle tires on EUCs is about 25-30. Lighter riders may be fine with 22 psi, but I would never go below that since the chance of the tire slipping on the rim and tearing the tube’s valve stem off is too large. And the stiff tires are just too hard at 35 psi and above, which seems to be what you experienced.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/4/2023 at 12:06 AM, TheNotoriousEUC said:

That is the tire I have (K340A) but it says 40 psi.

Are you sure about that? Might wanna double check as my k340a says max psi at 33. That might be your problem there: too high psi because you think it’s supposed to be 40

IMG_0568.jpeg

On 9/7/2023 at 8:33 PM, BKW said:

Are you sure about that? Might wanna double check as my k340a says max psi at 33. That might be your problem there: too high psi because you think it’s supposed to be 40

Yes, but it also looks like we have different tires? I ordered mine from eWheels with the street tire. 

IMG_7318.jpeg

IMG_7320.jpeg

• Like 2

I don't know much about the different names of tires, but that is not the same as mine.

The ks340A should look like this:

https://www.ewheels.com/product/20x3-tire-kenda-340a-sherman-rs/

Yours looks more hybrid. Although, it is also considered a street tire (I have seen that tire before, just not on the CP).

I also got mine from ewheels, but I ordered it separately after I bought the CP (ewheels didn't assemble it for me).

Anyone who knows tires better than me could probably tell you what is the name of your tire

Have you ever found where that high-pitched sound is coming from? It might be due to the tire being the wrong size since it's not a k340a? Do you know the dimensions of that tire?

46 minutes ago, BKW said:

I don't know much about the different names of tires, but that is not the same as mine.

The ks340A should look like this:

https://www.ewheels.com/product/20x3-tire-kenda-340a-sherman-rs/

Yours looks more hybrid. Although, it is also considered a street tire (I have seen that tire before, just not on the CP).

I also got mine from ewheels, but I ordered it separately after I bought the CP (ewheels didn't assemble it for me).

Anyone who knows tires better than me could probably tell you what is the name of your tire

Is this the exact same size that on our CP? I've got 5000 miles on mine and want another one, but Alien Rides stopped selling them because some are defective. I'm willing to take the chance lol

4 hours ago, GitDatPC said:

Is this the exact same size that on our CP? I've got 5000 miles on mine and want another one, but Alien Rides stopped selling them because some are defective. I'm willing to take the chance lol

The same k340a? Yeah, ewheels supplies them. I had to wait a while for mine as they were on back-order at the time though. If you're talking about TheNotriousEUC tire, not sure if they hold those, but they probably do

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mrelwood said:

This is the Kenda K340A:

IMG_5316.thumb.jpeg.9b9639bca0b7e78bbb0fcabbe4480c9b.jpeg

The tire on @TheNotoriousEUC’s wheel is indeed a hybrid one similar to the one some V12HTs come with. What does it say on the tire?

Looks like my tire is by “TopSin,” not to be confused with “TopSpin,” or maybe that’s the point. 😉

When making the choice on eWheel’s site I simply selected Street Tire which indicates the Kenda340A…clearly that’s not what arrived with mine but no complaints.

@BKWNo, the high whine I think is not uncommon with the CP. I can hear it on other videos of people with it and have chalked that sound up to normal. The rubbing noise I still can’t figure out and have been back and forth with Eric and Jason about. There was that one ride where it was making a really troubling sound when I braked but I haven’t heard it since so, who knows? I put about 20 miles on it last weekend and heard nothing concerning. 

IMG_7325.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Cobaltsaber said:

Commander Pro 50S coming. I believe 50S cells and c40 motor from the EX30. Wonder how the wider rim but higher batteries (than the ex30) affect its handling

IMG_8232.jpeg

Is this really worth the upgrade though? You have a more powerful motor and different battery? The original CP seemed fine though

5 minutes ago, BKW said:

Is this really worth the upgrade though?

Very much doubt it if you already have a CP.

Seems weird that the CP is looking to run the same motor as the EX30. Two wheels now very similar, although I guess they are made by 'different' companies. The CP definitely has a smaller form factor but would the higher CofG on it make it less easier to handle with the heavier, wider C40 motor than the EX? I think that anyone looking to buy an EX30 or CP now will have some tough choices to make! The 2 wheels will be so close on specs now (taking aside the 50S cells).

Anyone have trouble updating the latest firmware release for the CP? I think it was released on the 13th. Mine keep getting stuck at 0% or 1% when trying to update. Any ideas?