eWheels S22

gon2fast

34 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

WELP, it happened again a short while ago in the freezer aisle at the grocery store. Slowly tilted forward so I killed the power and drug it around again. This is becoming an issue...  

motors are notoriously EMI polluters, but yeah. they must have taken notes from LeaperKim's Sherman playbook

report it to eWheels, maybe they'll add it to the (long and getting longer) list for KS...

Edited by Tawpie

3 hours ago, Tawpie said:

report it to eWheels, maybe they'll add it to the (long and getting longer) list for KS...

They get peppered with my "observations", poor guys. The wheel handles my local market fine so no love lost yet. I did let it go to see how far forward it would go earlier... it keeps going, not the best test in a busy supermarket with crap in your hands. 

Have a early morning ride in store (0500) so I was inspecting my sliders and noticed one seemed to have something protruding out of the top of the slider. OHCHIT the POS guide broke off on a hit. Earlier I was bouncing off curbs of all sizes and generally riding like a butthole on the trails so user error, oh well.

nope, slug (slimy insect).

On 10/24/2022 at 7:24 AM, gon2fast said:

Another issue - came back from a trip and attached the charger to the wheel. After a few minutes I came back and noticed that wheel was off and the charger was displaying green. I knew that i had burned through a couple of bars so I checked to make sure that the connector was properly seated. It was firmly attached so I unplugged it and plugged it back in with no change. I powered the wheel on to make sure I the board was still functional and everything was working fine. I changed the to the other connector and the charger was still green. Wheel is now turned off so I pull the power cord on the charger and plug it back in. Now the wheel starts charging.

Maybe there is something going on with my BMS, good call.

If unplugging and plugging in the charger to the wheel didn't help but only restarting the charger did, the issue is on the charger. It was parfait perhaps somehow locked in a finished charging mode.

On 10/25/2022 at 3:03 AM, gon2fast said:

WELP, it happened again a short while ago in the freezer aisle at the grocery store. Slowly tilted forward so I killed the power and drug it around again. This is becoming an issue...  

I wonder if the EM fields in the shop floor can be strong enough to cause interference to the hall sensors.

Cooling units zapped me again around lunch. I thought that I had successfully avoided them, but when I went to check out the wheel went into its trance. Interestingly it went forward, stopped and back this time. My bad for not throwing it in a shopping cart...

36-BDE5-C8-C992-4-DCD-A863-9-D8808-A5025

I bet all those stuffies were laughing at you... I'm guessing it's on purpose to entertain the folks that monitor the security cameras. Or maybe the universe doesn't think that frozen dinner is "good for you"?

I am weighing somewhere around 260lbs (SMH) nowadays. I did an impromptu range test the other day. I did a 25 mile trip not really paying attention to speed, but keeping it below 30mph. When I got home I still had 33% left on the charge. I figure I could have got another 5 miles without throttling/beeping (pure speculation LOL). 

There was a bunch of offroad w/ climbs in there too.

Edited by gon2fast
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

When I got home I still had 33% left on the charge. I figure I could have got another 5 miles without throttling/beeping (pure speculation LOL).

on my S18, 32% to "you're not riding this anymore, at all, no way" was about 5 miles so you're definitely in the ballpark.

On 10/17/2022 at 1:25 AM, gon2fast said:

I was running errands today. 50lb backpack from Costco sucked, but the line for the gas pumps certainly looked worse. I set out on another trip for additional items and was heading towards my normal bike path. I was cruising down a street in the bike lane and sensed something behind me. I looked back and saw some jackass hanging out of a car trying to grab me or my backpack for fun. Needless to say they sped off once I looked back. I caught them at the next intersection, but they had the windows up. Made eye contact with jackass, but this idiot was still gloating so the chase was on. Got backed up an intersection and the car turned into a neighborhood. Was not going to mess with idiots at their residence so I got hell out of dodge. 

This shit is fun, but be prepared for the worse. I know some will scold me for pursuing, but I am not going to be bullied and had he got hold of me I could have been yanked down into traffic. Sorry, very negative, but I stand my ground as I am just minding my business not hurting anyone.

Carry a lock in a sock in your pocket smash out there side windows and head off-road 🤷🏻‍♂️🤘

3 hours ago, Dosingpsychedelics said:

Carry a lock in a sock in your pocket smash out there side windows and head off-road 🤷🏻‍♂️🤘

I wanted to yank the moron out of the car, but better judgement kicked in I suppose. I usually ride with dirt bike gloves with hardened knuckles, a spring assisted knife and a Stinger Whip in my backpack. 

New motor arrived. Not motivated to do anything with it at this point in time... maybe I will paint it black and throw my 340A on it, but not today LOL. What I really want is an extended front fender. Riding in the rain has been rather annoying since the spray is hitting the underside of my trolley handle and getting on the charge port covers and power button. No issues so far.

image.jpg

• Like 1

Random Updates/Thoughts -

I have been back to local supermarket with the freezers that like to dance with my S22 two times this week with no issues. I don't get it. Maybe the shelves were well stocked and the ordering units were not alarming (don't quote me, that information was extracted from my lower region LOL)

Need another charger as the one I have keeps going into standby mode. No response from my reseller, oh well.

Going to retrofit a MTB front fender on the S22 to extend the front fender and stop getting blasted by debris and rocks (especially when seated).

Rollers sound like crap. I like the sports car suspension feel, it is very predictable. No gush wanted, but I know that it will work better for lighter folks. Send me your legacy suspension components please LOL.

Rode through a crime scene last night where an employee (aggressor) at a deli shot someone from behind the counter (WTF). 

Gonna install that replacement motor one day...

Keep running into two red foxes in the early evenings

Thermal underwear are phuking awesome

My Laser lights work much better in LED mode -

image.jpg

Brighter than my neighbor's Xmas lights LOL.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I like my S22, but I do not like the battery config. Got stuck a few towns away after missing the only early afternoon train home and had to burn 2.5 hours until the next train. Long story short, I got about 1.75 hours of moderate riding and I was down to one bar feeling very underwhelmed. Made it home with no throttling so I will give it that. I will probably keep the S22 for dorking around and sell some other wheels to fund a more commute worthy solution. EX30 looks to be next.

On 10/30/2022 at 3:05 PM, gon2fast said:

Stinger Whip - "car safety tool" LOL

image.jpg

i use model 27 40sw glock if i can't avoid physical contact. no use in getting dirty if somebody tries to kill u. 

i built low income homes in lee county for a few years and never went to work without it in my fanny pack. same for inline skating and motorcycle riding. u would be amazed how humans will try and bully or scare bikers on the road. 

On 11/30/2022 at 1:18 AM, gon2fast said:

I like my S22, but I do not like the battery config. Got stuck a few towns away after missing the only early afternoon train home and had to burn 2.5 hours until the next train. Long story short, I got about 1.75 hours of moderate riding and I was down to one bar feeling very underwhelmed. Made it home with no throttling so I will give it that. I will probably keep the S22 for dorking around and sell some other wheels to fund a more commute worthy solution. EX30 looks to be next.

i'm not a range rider, but i wonder if the lg batteries, the ones i think i'm getting from freemotion, would give more range?

it's shipped so maybe monday/tuesday.

curious to see what i'm getting. haha, the world of euc shopping.