eWheels S22

gon2fast

New board, new motor, new tire and no rider (I am still sketch on the wheel after two dumps)... New tire sucks, trams like hell. Probably going to swap it for a 262. My reseller stated that due to the unique rim on the S22 the 340a will not work. Pretty sure that I have seen 340a successfully mounted on S22s, but I could be wrong.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/20/2023 at 3:44 PM, gon2fast said:

New board, new motor, new tire and no rider (I am still sketch on the wheel after two dumps)... New tire sucks, trams like hell. Probably going to swap it for a 262. My reseller stated that due to the unique rim on the S22 the 340a will not work. Pretty sure that I have seen 340a successfully mounted on S22s, but I could be wrong.

Is your new tire the Jiluer 863 or something else?

11 hours ago, litewave said:

Is your new tire the Jiluer 863 or something else?

It is a 80/80-14 Pirelli Angel front tire. Deflating it a bit has made it rideable at slow/moderate speeds, but it still catches ruts and jerks the wheel if you are not paying attention. I have  a brand new 262 that I am going to try to mount on my unpinned motor. If it stays on the rim I will go ahead and use swap out the Pirelli.

Edited by gon2fast
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

It is a 80/80-14 Pirelli Angel front tire. Deflating it a bit has made it rideable at slow/moderate speeds, but it still catches ruts and jerks the wheel if you are not paying attention. I have  a brand new 262 that I am going to try to mount on my unpinned motor. If it stays on the rim I will go ahead and use swap out the Pirelli.

Yikes, sorry to hear about the Pirelli. Has it been broken in? I believe the rubber is very grippy.

I have the same Pirelli but have not mounted it yet. I also have the City Grip2 but may mount it instead.

I am trying to put some miles on it, but I would say that it is not broken in. I also don't know what PSI to run it at since it is much heavier than stock EUC tires. Lowering the pressure made it way less twitchy, but now I feel like I could dent my rim. I think I am going to go the 262 route and keep the S22 for trails only. I can handle crashing on the trails, forget getting dumped in traffic again.

image.jpg

Everything seems to be intact, the seal was strong and the wires do not seem to be stretched. Oh well, I will save the rim and bearings and chuck the rest.

Edited by gon2fast

On 4/28/2023 at 8:02 AM, gon2fast said:

The board that failed - 

image.jpg

That's the same version and date as the one that I burned out.

And the same version and date as the replacement that I received.

And I'm told it's the same version and date that's being used in the S22 Pro.

• Like 2

On 5/28/2023 at 9:33 PM, NSFW said:

That's the same version and date as the one that I burned out.

And the same version and date as the replacement that I received.

And I'm told it's the same version and date that's being used in the S22 Pro.

Generally speaking, one of the benefits of good engineering is getting the design right the first time, or something close to that. 

Well, with the Master, apparently Begode went through quite a few revisions. So one would think they need to do better.

But then Kingsong manages to do even worse. They don't do revisions, even when there are issues. 

Jack ex-Kingsong warned owners of the S22 not to accelerate hard from rest for some yards, if they don't want to risk frying their controller boards. 

So, back then, one would think that after a few batches this would get sorted. Now on hindsight, that didn't seemed to be the case. 

First rumor of the S20 was leaked out with fancy graphics in the month of April of 2021. People, lots of people were placing pre-orders in August of 2021 for this over-hyped bad boy.

We are now almost rolling into month of June of 2023, and here we are. According to Kingsong's replied to EUC Underground, there were no changes made to the controller when they moved from the S22 to the S22 Pro.

Has Kingsong managed to set the bar at an all time low in issues resolution? 

Edited by techyiam
  • Upvote 3

I feel the board needs to be updated as well. Every other board that I have burnt shows very clear signs of what failed, yet with this wheel everything looks perfect. Listening to the motor (pinned) strain while I ride on flat has moved me to secure a new/used wheel. Kind of excited about moving away from this being my primary wheel as I do not want to get dumped again. 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, gon2fast said:

I feel the board needs to be updated as well.

I hope you're not holding your breath... remember that they did float an update, but it was a step backwards and got squashed after @supercurio pointed out how bad an idea it was!

ZX motors need to be recalled too (not just pinned). Made the mistake of removing the remaining engine cover and was disgusted with what I found.

image.jpg

The first thing that I found was lose rip ties and sheathing floating around. You can see two pieces of debris in the upper right corner. Also, the plastic brace that is holding the copper up was broken as well.

image.jpg

Cleary one of the phase wires shorted/melted. Not sure if the upper coil that is sheathed is supposed to be connected to something. I have never seen a EUC motor in this state. 

Edited by gon2fast
  • Sad 2