eWheels S22

gon2fast

10 hours ago, novazeus said:

i wonder if the lg batteries, the ones i think i'm getting from freemotion, would give more range?

I would imagine so. I wanted the 2200wh config, but eWheels did not offer it and I had a bunch of money on the books so here I am. It fits my needs for around town stuff and connecting to bordering towns, but having full power (for my needs) and quick charge times does make up for the lack of overall range. 

Side note, I no longer keep the charger plugged in when not in use. I was futzing around in the garage the other day and heard a clicking noise. After looking around for a bit I found it to be the charger, not plugged into the wheel, turning itself on (red) and off (blinking green). 

• Like 1

2000 miles on the stock motor and control board. I have some squeaks in the suspension after riding in the rain for a few days, annoying, but nothing to worry about. Tire is wearing nicely, I assume that I will get another 1500 miles out of it. looking to get a Michelin Street Pilot to mount on my replacement motor as I don't like swapping tires. 

My only issue with this wheel is the small battery configuration. 2700-3200Wh config would be much better, but would add weight as well. The wheel charges pretty quick to 90% so maybe I need to take one of my chargers along on rides.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, OldFartRides said:

Edit: …except for the leaf blower in the background.

🤣🤣 Tell me about it. You can see me looking away from the camera a few times at my neighbor with that irritated look on my face. 😂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gon2fast said:

The irony... I must say that the that the knobby tire turns to slick real fast in the mud. This was my second crash because the tire washed out in the muck. 

Yep, that stock tire is a mud magnet.  I tried going over to a puddle of water to try and wash it off but instead turned it into clay. :facepalm:

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, 5Cauac said:

Yep, that stock tire is a mud magnet.  I tried going over to a puddle of water to try and wash it off but instead turned it into clay. :facepalm:

so... clay plus straw or hay, mash and mix well, pack into a mold and dry in the sun. Brick!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, OldFartRides said:

except for the leaf blower in the background

Earlier today, while riding my MSP, I decided to get my blower out and take care of the mess that my neighbor made in front of my house. Using a blower while riding a wheel was very challenging and satisfying at the same time. 

• Thanks 1

Two chargers does not fix the lack of balancing... not saying that it was ever stated that two chargers would fix the balancing issue, I just assumed so once the second charger was in hand LOL. Weirdly, one charger turns off several minutes before the other charger. I am going to stop complaining now as 10 amp charging on the go will be a game changer for this wheel.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sad day at the local trails. They will be out of commission for a while.

image.jpg

The embankment to the far right all the way to the street is now submerged with more rain starting soon.  

Edited by gon2fast

Well I received my slider kit from eWheels yesterday and very excited to install however, I was unfortunately evacuated from my home due to flooding till on or before January 16th.

Funny, the first things that went into my car were my Sherman and S22. :wub:

I don't know if I ever mentioned or if it was evident from posted pics and vids but I own and live in a Travel Trailer on the company's property I work for. It's nice living out in the woods away from the hustle and bustle of the main town however there is a creek that runs through the property and fed by a local Reservoir about a mile and a half up creek. As some may have seen from my latest video how the reservoir was full and slipping over. Needless to say it just couldn't handle anymore water and the creek can't move that much water. As you can see in this video, that creek turned into a raging river and I was forced to move to higher ground. Good new is that what you see was the worst of it and the waters are now receding. 

I hope to make a video of the slider installs but will have to wait till I'm settled back in.

Here are some photos of the sliders for reference. They seem very well made and the tolerances for the "press fitted" wheels were consistent with the exception of two.

(NOTE: Pictured are rollers for just one side)

Shout out to Jason from eWheels for sending these out to me the day they received them PLUS a new left side kickstand arm that was damaged in a fall. They are simply AMAZING! They should win the all time Customer Service Award if such exists. 😎

PXL-20230112-031102199.jpg

PXL-20230112-025628163.jpg

PXL-20230112-031248411.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 5Cauac said:

It's nice living out in the woods

Yes Sir. My Wife's family used to own a 130 acre ranch. I got to live there for a few years and it was awesome. Sadly, I had not discovered EUCs yet, but I had a ball on my mountain and dirt bikes.  

Disclaimer - we never had hot showers and there were tarantulas and raccoons inside our house on a daily basis... and chasing off the coyotes, the good ole days LOL.

Anyone else having issues with pedal scraping/knocks while carving? I almost took myself out today. I was heading home from a quick run to the grocery store for lunch. Soup in hand, I was cutting through a subdivision and made nice moderate/high speed turn around a corner and BAM! The front of my left pedal knocked a little blue reflector pad mounted to the road. These things can't be more than 2 inches tall. The nice thing about the S22 motor is that it does not spool up from events like that, had I been on any other wheel that I own I would have been on the ground in a very bad way. The knock was hard enough to turn the wheel, but it did not spool up and buck me off. I was able to ride it out super dipped into a turn with a large container of soup in one hand... and had clean underwear after the incident LOL.

I suppose that it is time to revisit the aftermarket pedals. A little increase in the pedal angle will eliminate these issues.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, gon2fast said:

I suppose that it is time to revisit the aftermarket pedals.

You lost height with the street tire. Have you considered raising the pedals instead? Could save you a couple bills. :D

Have 

39 minutes ago, 5Cauac said:

Have you considered raising the pedals instead?

Still on the knobby and the pedals are set to the higher position. I think it is has more to do so with my 250lb frame more than anything else LOL!

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, gon2fast said:

Anyone else having issues with pedal scraping/knocks while carving? I almost took myself out today. I was heading home from a quick run to the grocery store for lunch. Soup in hand, I was cutting through a subdivision and made nice moderate/high speed turn around a corner and BAM! The front of my left pedal knocked a little blue reflector pad mounted to the road. These things can't be more than 2 inches tall. The nice thing about the S22 motor is that it does not spool up from events like that, had I been on any other wheel that I own I would have been on the ground in a very bad way. The knock was hard enough to turn the wheel, but it did not spool up and buck me off. I was able to ride it out super dipped into a turn with a large container of soup in one hand... and had clean underwear after the incident LOL.

I suppose that it is time to revisit the aftermarket pedals. A little increase in the pedal angle will eliminate these issues.

what tire pressure are u running in ur new tire?

and congrats on the change out.

tire mounting is one thing i've never done and it's not on my bucket list.

i run at max 41 psi, and u weigh more than me. the most i could weigh suited up is maybe 200 pounds, 180 naked.

i don't worry about pedal scrapes, barky weeds will faceplant u. why i ditched me and the wheel the other day when i lost my line and was headed for sawgrass(?)and i had lowered the pedals, but nbd on that, moving them forward creates a place for a pedal grab. my wheels will be used 99.99% on the ranch.

the best thing a cattle rancher can put on his pastures, footsteps, but in my case it will be wheels. i mean i just used my backhoe loader to make sure this helper locked my gate correctly. woulda been way easier and quicker on a wheel. and cheaper. i'm all about cheaper.

(atgatt, kinda snickering  to myself after the 500 pound plus heifer tried to kill me but only broke my thumb, haha, riding a wheel out here is the safest thing i could do here)

The S22 has a unique motor in that you can ride through knocks without the motor/wheel shifting and ejecting you. Pedal scrapes, bush knocks... heck I even clipped the tire on my Wife's minivan and rode it out. The S22 will serve you well on the ranch!