V12 Cutout tracking

Richardo

2 hours ago, mlau said:

I attached the file in the previous post.  Didn't know I could do that :)

I made a (quick and dirty) zoomed plot and can't really figure out any chain of physical events that would perfectly match the data I see :confused1:

15583875_ScreenShot2022-12-04at21_35_04.thumb.png.fb2aeea9d85ba7e5de86511e04357953.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2022 at 10:31 AM, Chriull said:

Interestingly the second sag went down to 75,96V - which is 3,165V per cell. More or less around empty battery - don't know the exact limit of the V12? Also we do not know the real voltage sag minimum as the values are reported just with  ~5 samples per second.

However maybe the firmware decided batteries are empty and it'll stop you immedeately by tilting back?

Or there was some small road irregularity, a pebble/branch beeing sucked between tire and chassis and the voltage sag was by the wheel trying to overcome the sudden burden?

You could be on to something: after repairing the V12 (motor change since the rim was bent), I charged it to full again, rode it for another 60km and now I have one dead battery pack.
I just remember falling on my face; I don't remember any tiltback or beeps.  The surface was very rough dry asphalt, but no potholes and no hard objects on it either).

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, mlau said:

and now I have one dead battery pack.

Some serious issue firmware mostly does not cover with alarms. Or it maybe starts crazy tiltbacks... ,:(

4 hours ago, mlau said:

I just remember falling on my face; I don't remember any tiltback or beeps.

After falling on the face one could have easily lost the memory of some time before.

That's only you who can tell if there could be some leaks or you just remember every detail that happened.

• Like 1

Hi guys!

I was reading the forums about V12 for days now and I have a hard time to decide whether V12 HT is something worth to spend on. Everyone is saying that when it is working, it is awesome. I really like the package, it seems to tick everything for me but I am hesitant to pull the trigger because of the issues many people had at the beginning. This would be my first wheel, I want the experience to be about learning to ride, getting into this world and less about dealing with issues.

@Chriull @mlau You guys seem to be very familiar with this wheel. Would you ride a V12 HT daily?

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

The HT did not have the bad problems. That was just the HS, which is fixed now. Both should be really good now.

agreed. btw, i own a v12 hs. i have over 4000miles on it and love it. it did have issues initially, but once it got the new controller board it was just awesome

• Like 3

On 12/23/2022 at 11:31 AM, kriskova said:

@mlau You guys seem to be very familiar with this wheel. Would you ride a V12 HT daily?

On well maintained roads, definitely, offroading is not my cup of tea.  I switched to wearing heavier gear when riding it though.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2023 at 2:08 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

There haven't been any complaints about the V12 for quite a while now. This issue definitely seems to be over, apart from the early batch affected wheels that might still be out there.

Thread unpinned:)

Looks like I'm part of the cutout crew now..  1st ride on my brand new V12HT, was absolutely loving it. The nimbleness and power was so much fun, immediately fell in love with it.  I know better not to push a new wheel too much right away, and spent the 10 minutes I was on it just getting used to it, carving back and forth and not punching the gas too much. When I got to a straight smoothly paved road with no cracks or potholes, I accelerated up to 27mph/44k. Wheel out of nowhere cuts out, and will not turn on anymore. Gear did it's job, Lazy Armour coat has a few new holes, same with pants and gloves, and my right forearm and left knee lost just a little skin, helmet never touched the ground. Just really glad I wasn't around any people when this happened. Otherwise really kinda bummed this happened to such a fun and promising wheel. Grrr.. 

Emailing the dealer now.  I'm 225 when fully geared up.  Data Log from EUCworld attached. 

EUC data 2023-02-05 155113.csv

• Sad 8

3 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Ah crap!!

Can you find anything that tells how old the wheel is? Where did you buy from? What is your firmware version?

Hey thanks for responding so quick.

So I bought it from ewheels, was shipped out 1/30 and received 2/2/2023. I updated the firmware to latest version immediately upon receiving. Is there a way for us to tell from the serial # what batch it was?

2 minutes ago, techyiam said:

If you place your V12 HT on its side and rotate the wheel, do you find it hard to turn?

Affirmative. I can turn it, but it's not easy and there's something all sorts of f-d up going on in there.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, vikingto said:

Data Log from EUCworld attached.

I don't see anything out of the ordinary here.  Looks normal to me.  Unfortunately electronics can fail without warning.  The V12ht was thought to be safe from the cutouts mentioned in this thread.  This thread was started to track the mosfet disaster on the OG V12.  I do hope this is not something that will end up being a problem with this batch.  TIme will tell.  Jason at eWheels will take good care of you.  Good choice to buy from them.  Seeing that it was brand new out of the box I would ask for a replacement not a repair.  I'm sure there is some damage to the wheel.

5 minutes ago, Paradox said:

I don't see anything out of the ordinary here.  Looks normal to me.  Unfortunately electronics can fail without warning.  The V12ht was thought to be safe from the cutouts mentioned in this thread.  This thread was started to track the mosfet disaster on the OG V12.  I do hope this is not something that will end up being a problem with this batch.  TIme will tell.  Jason at eWheels will take good care of you.  Good choice to buy from them.  Seeing that it was brand new out of the box I would ask for a replacement not a repair.  I'm sure there is some damage to the wheel.

Oh yeah, totally not worried about Jason taking good care of this, he's a peach. 2nd wheel bought from him, and his follow up care and super quick response has always been top notch.

There's certainly damage to the shell in various places, and I think the kickstand ended up in Lake Superior, no joke lol. I looked everywhere for it. 

Me? I'm good just a lil stiff. Good excuse to get a massage tomorrow..

PXL_20230205_224654277.jpg

PXL_20230205_224726872.jpg

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Shorted mosfet. Strange on a V12 HT. Maybe outlier?

I certainly hope so. I mean I really was enjoying that wheel for the short amount of time I was on it. And, playing the odds, most likely it wouldn't happen again with the same model. So I think I'll probably opt to have ewheels just send me out a replacement instead of switching to a different model.

Because this was a cutout, not the wheel skitzing out like it did for WrongWay and a small percentage of others.

• Like 1

I don't think in motion does that tho. "Oh, here's a Master. And now a Master Pro. Now a Master Pro SE. Master Pro SE Ultimate. Master Master, ..."

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vikingto said:

And maybe I'd be better off waiting for the next production batch, see if they'll work out the kinks more? A V12 HT Pro or something?

Not waterproof,  but works; no cutouts or backwards acceleration or other weird things going on.  Simple to work on.  Simple chinese tech, and it's a smooth ride ;)

https://www.ewheels.com/product/new-gotway-rs-19-100v-1800wh-battery/