Inmotion V8F - First time EUC rider.

inv_rod

Heya welcome to the forum. FWIW the V8's a great wheel to learn on & should be easily resold when upgraditis hits.

Far's foot placement, I think you'd likely get multi opines on this subject. Some put alot of front foot over & beyond the pedals, some less. Some use a staggered ie. asymmetrical placements. Some stick the foot close to the side panels while others don't. You get the drift here I hope.

Its likely you'd have to figure it out yourself so long as the basics work ie. if one can accelerate, decelerate, turns, fast, slow & all without the dreaded wobbles, then its likely the correct foot position for you. Some will also experience foot pains at least in the beginning but thankfully, its gets better in due course. Also different types of shoes & diff sole hardness might also affect it as well.

Goodluck

• Like 3

Thanks @Scottie888..  I really appreciate the welcome and the feedback.  I suspected this would end up being a "figure it out yourself" thing..   Can't wait to join the ranks of many others here and ride pain free everywhere.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, inv_rod said:

I'm confused on how it supposed to feel standing on the wheel, like as if my knees and toes are pointed inwards toward each other or am i supposed to be relaxed and stand straight like i'm standing on flat ground?

As relaxed as possible is best. It can help to keep going, roll up to a pole/wall, hold on, and adjust your stance.

Try doing it without even looking down, just go by what feels right. You might be surprised where your feet end up on the pedals.

But it simply takes time to get used to riding, so just enjoy and you will get better automatically (but don't expect too much too fast).

29 minutes ago, Scottie888 said:

when upgraditis hits

That might be in about 2 weeks or so;)

Also: there's plenty of Vegas riders for group rides and for trying other wheels. Group rides are fantastic in so many respects.

• Like 3

Welcome to the forum! I had this exact question when first starting:

...and as these guys said, just takes a little time to feel out what works best for you. Being relaxed and trusting the wheel makes all the difference. I had some foot cramps until I found a pair of shoes that helped too. One of the videos that really helped me after I had been riding for a few weeks was this one from U-Stride. I like to keep my right leg/foot close to the wheel (almost leaning into the top of the wheel) while my left foot is further out on the pedal. And they are offset as well...all of that seems to keep the wobbles at bay (for me at least).

Keep in mind, that's just one of many ways of riding so keep playing around with it and see what works best for you. Good luck!

Edited by wheel-life
  • Like 1

Your posture should be upright (not bent at the waist) but don’t lock your knees… learn to ride with a pretty good knee bend, this keeps you from getting bounced (literally) off the wheel.

Some of the foot pain is your foot muscles getting into shape—they’re not used to this at all and let you know. Patience and practice will get them solid.

+1 to @OldFartRides’s advice, short sessions are best.

Welcome to the forum, and to the insanity. Start squirreling away your spare change, few are immune to the must-have-another-wheel virus, and there no jab for that.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, OldFartRides said:

From a noob : Keep the sessions short at first. 20 min. was plenty for me at first. I hugged the wheel. Seemed to stabilize it.

Best,

Great advice!!  trying to ride through the pain only made things worse..  I'm 45 y/o and I'm noticing it's taking longer for me to recover.  Getting to the point of consistent pain makes recovery take twice as long especially since I still need to walk using these sore feet.

4 hours ago, Scottie888 said:

Taking multiple breaks per ride is a super idea. I know there's peeps that can ride for hours straight but personally, my feet can't hack it. Taking even a 5min break makes a huge diff.

Darn! I was going to say that, but another Scottie beat me to it. :rolleyes: Oh well ... ditto ... or +1 to that.

• Like 1

Hello All..  I'm back on the EUC today and I must say it feels much better.  I just did about 10 minutes in my backyard to get the feel of the wheel again.  The tips and advice here has helped immensely!!  I guess the couple of days rest, the tips provided, and just letting things sync into my brain..  This weekend I'll go to a park and get some longer rides.. hopefully it'll "click" for me as some have experienced.    Thanks everyone :)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome! Don't worry too much & just keep at it. It'll click soon enough. 

FWIW I used a long hand rail (or a long wall will do as well) to assist me til I "got" it. Trick is to keep moving as spot balancing won't work well. The hand rail helped me keep moving til I got the basics.

Practise lotsa mount/dismounts too. 

• Like 1

Aww, how sweet. See, when you spew enough letters together, long enough, even a monkey can make a good posting :smartass:. Today was a 12 hr day of failed launch attempts on my 'plane'. Just another daunting journey per the usual. Once we quit trying, we accelerate dyin'!

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 3