Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

4 minutes ago, supercurio said:

And Andrew was kind enough to share the EUC World tour upon request:
Let's discuss!

https://euc.world/tour/607149346042072

Here are two of my bet mileages with my old 18XL. Notice the batter is not completely empty. On the 106 km ride on one charge I got to the destination before tailback. I could ride at around 20 km/h for the last few kilometres. I didn't test how much more was left. The ride was confirmed by GPS to be 101 kilometres. Average speed was also not that bad. I had a 10 kg backpack on me also. 

So far s20 range doesn't seem to be that good. 

IMG_5478.PNG

IMG_5477.PNG

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rolzi said:

Does not change the fact that the same 21% or 46% (temperature is here somewhere here also) is going to be missing regardless of wheel that uses the same cells or even comparable cells.

Oh, absolutely! I was probably trying to refer to a different part of the original comment or something.

5 hours ago, Rolzi said:

I still maintain that calculating Wh/km from the tested cell capacity, average riding speed and time is good enough to determine if the wheel is somehow sucking energy to some black hole.

It probably is, as long as you use the real life capacity value instead of the announced one.

5 hours ago, Rolzi said:

Maybe it just shows how much people are waiting this wheel and setting unreasonable expectations.

Of that I am sure of! Somehow they managed to get quite a buzz going. I guess it helped quite a bit that Inmotion didn’t hurry to the same train.

5 hours ago, Rolzi said:

I though there was actually some kind of mechanism per cell that actually stopped the flow of current at 2.5v. Shows what I know having read almost all this up in the last couple of days.

It’s referred to as a cutoff voltage since it’s the voltage where the electronics of the device itself should cut off all battery usage.

5 hours ago, Rolzi said:

I have been thinking too much about the S20 lately.

I might just need a break from thinking about this wheel.

:roflmao:

7 minutes ago, Grimm10 said:

...Everybody...

errr, I protest! photo :wub:.
But yes, I think that KingSong opened new chapter when communicating with community, distributors and even testing wheeeeels. Thanks for this!

Edited by Miko.cz

12 minutes ago, enaon said:

I do not think inmotion could do anything more to help the S20. 

Inmotion needs to hit an absolute home run with their next wheel for sure. After the hype of the s20 and the constant innovation of gotway, they would have a lot to compete with if everything was hunky dory. 

With the absolute disaster that is the v12 situation, i cant see them doing that great with just a comparable wheel to others on the market. They need to take a risk AND execute it excellently.

The v11 was a big risk that paid off and was executed very well imo. The v12 was supposed to be a safe play, that should have been an easy slam dunk for them. Now they need to replace just about every control board produced and compensate the dealers for warranty work. They struck out big time on the v12 so far. 

Will be interesting to see if they play it safe with the next wheel just to try to recoup their good standing and collect some profits. Or if they will try to take a risk, and put themselves back on the map with the community. 

Kingsong really got lucky with the timing of the s20 release. Put a real damper on the v12 hype initially and now they are delivering a wheel the commumity is gushing over while inmotion is dealing with what is likely the most expensive product "recall" in current euc history. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 5Cauac said:

only to end up buying one with his own money

Then he got bored riding down stairs with it. Everything I've seen looks like suspension takes the challenge of stairs down several notches so it's understandable that once they're conquered, the fun dies.

2 hours ago, Tawpie said:

Then he got bored riding down stairs with it. Everything I've seen looks like suspension takes the challenge of stairs down several notches so it's understandable that once they're conquered, the fun dies.

True, he did get bored of it rather quickly but then again, he is more of a paved road rider than an off road one.

I'd get bored as well which is why I also own a street wheel. :D

Edited by 5Cauac
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Tawpie said:

WW will be bored of the S20 as well because without suspension the S20 doesn’t particularly excel at any other performance metric as compared to other wheels.

Long range - sherman max/commander, torque - rst/16x, speed - sherman/master, convenience - 16x, 18xl, v12.

It looks cool, but the S18 was cool back in the day but nobody cares about that anymore.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mango said:

WW will be bored of the S20 as well because without suspension the S20 doesn’t particularly excel at any other performance metric as compared to other wheels.

Long range - sherman max/commander, torque - rst/16x, speed - sherman/master, convenience - 16x, 18xl, v12.

It looks cool, but the S18 was cool back in the day but nobody cares about that anymore.

But, but, but, didn't the EEVEES crew mentioned that the rider on the Sherman Max couldn't keep with the S20 and the Hero when they were riding with Marty up Overheat Hill? Hence, it appears suspension can help with perceived performance. Having said that though, it is hard to say whether WW would care about this.

The quick tire change feature on the S20 is a big win from where I am standing. Again, it is hard to say whether WW would care.

And lastly, the great suspension on the S20 would make going down stairs even easier. Oh wait ...

OK, on second  thought  maybe you are right.

On third thought, he couldn't dismiss the smart BMS, can he?

Edited by techyiam
Added third thought.
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, techyiam said:

On third thought, he couldn't dismiss the smart BMS, can he?

You’re right, he can’t. Hasn’t he been actively touting for bms safety and individual cell group monitoring for a year already?

• Like 1

Would there be any distaste from WW for receiving the wheel later than other reviewers? 
maybe a little politics between WW/Kingsong? I’m just speculating my thought. 
surely I would have thought he would have had an early prototype with his quality of review and audience reach, maybe as he received one kinda late his hate vibes were already up 

• Like 1

Im really looking forward to WW take on it. His time and quality of video is inspiring. Also wish him well neighbouring on hectic places at hectic times. 
I think the mood of the area might not be right for making hyped videos at the moment, which is perfectly understandable. 
I think I trust his advice the most from all the reviewers I see.