Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

Overnight a new problem developed.  It was charging fine when I parked it.  This morning it only displays "UP" and "00" like an error message.  Same on/off the charger.  BT wouldn't connect with EUC World.  SoftTuner won't run till its upgraded either ant that's taking forever.  

5 hours ago, supercurio said:

Error 17 is hall sensor error.

Either from stator slippage or damaged motor wire harness?

fk.  Thanks for the info.  It rode beautifully with no scraping sounds yesterday.  I guess I have no excuse not to dissassemble it now. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, supercurio said:

Error 17 is hall sensor error.

Either from stator slippage or damaged motor wire harness?

Well the KS app confirmed hall sensor error (or hall comm).   So I tore out the motor and opened it. The wiring is fine. One of the bearings should be replaced when I re-assemble (after adding the pins). Meanwhile I think I need a new controller (again).

5 minutes ago, Elliott Reitz said:

Well the KS app confirmed hall sensor error (or hall comm).   So I tore out the motor and opened it. The wiring is fine. One of the bearings should be replaced when I re-assemble (after adding the pins). Meanwhile I think I need a new controller (again).

Well that's weird, but okay!
Would you mind sharing pictures of what your motor looks like?

1 hour ago, supercurio said:

Its a rusted mess. Some pic here.   https://www.facebook.com/groups/134599833910471/permalink/1086023462101432/

And great source of satisfaction that I Got Them screws Finally Out (GTFO'd).  :D 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, supercurio said:

Pics here run out of filespace.  I've uploaded some stator images to the comments  on a public group here:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/134599833910471/permalink/1086023462101432/

Kingsong can certainly use some positive spotlight on their euc product line.

Leaper Kim seemed to have been able to make a successful comeback with their Sherman Max and Sherman-S, after their Veteran Abrams flop.

Hopefully, Kingsong can do something similar. 

• Like 1

I also wish KingSong the best first because the more manufacturers the better and second because they "have a potential" to build great things. But... Something is not right about this announcement. It doesn't feel "serious" or "well cooked" with these titles. I hope this presentation won't be yet another panic move... 

Unless of course, they are going to come humorous about themselves with a friendly trolling of their competition? That could actually work, I think. (They seem to be troubled by the anticipated popularity of LeaperKim's Sherman-S and its knock-off Extreme Bull as all three themes are LeaperKim-inspired...)

2 hours ago, techyiam said:

Kingsong can certainly use some positive spotlight on their euc product line.

Leaper Kim seemed to have been able to make a successful comeback with their Sherman Max and Sherman-S, after their Veteran Abrams flop.

Hopefully, Kingsong can do something similar. 

Their S22 and S18 are awesome products when they work.  I went through the same crap with my S18 when it was new - batch 1.  Now the S22 is 10x worse and I think they need to replace all the motherboards, and now motors.  Their hardware design of both are fatally flawed.  Its why I canceled my order for a 2nd S22.  I was planning to use 1 as a road wheel and the other for off road.  But instead I'm getting a Master for the road wheel. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, That Guy said:

Something is not right about this announcement. It doesn't feel "serious" or "well cooked" with these titles.

Perhaps. But it could also be due to the translation and cultural differences. 

It would be nice if some kind soul who understand the language and culture can read the Chinese version of the promotional material, and translate it for us.

If I were to take a guess, Kingsong is borrowing a page from Leaper Kim for its approach to new models. And that is to improve their best sellers in significant ways, and promote them.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Elliott Reitz said:

I went through the same crap with my S18 when it was new - batch 1.  Now the S22 is 10x worse

10 times! Lucky I didn't pull the trigger. 

I hope Kingsong has done a reboot, and got the their engineering and production groups well sorted out.

18 minutes ago, Elliott Reitz said:

I was planning to use 1 as a road wheel and the other for off road.  But instead I'm getting a Master for the road wheel. 

You come across as a hardcore S22 fan, or the S22 is really that good off road when it works. 🙂

I guess the Master makes sense if you don't want the weight to go over 80 lbs.

• Like 1

Just got my shipping notification from Ewheels. I expect a pinned motor S22 is on the way. 

I'm hoping for the best. And Ewheels has been A+++ for any and all of my warranty,  parts and service needs. 

It's scheduled to arrive Friday. 

I only recently considered options for a different wheel, but the S22 ticks all my boxes, and with the T4 having motor issues now, that doesn't seem like a great option yet either. So I'm excited to see what comes!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, gon2fast said:

This guy (612 miles), what do I win? Hopefully a new charger LOL.

No.  You only bumped up the ratio of S22s making 500 miles from my 0/3 to our new statistic:

S22's that make it 500 miles without a controller failure while charging:  1 out of 4.  

PS:  I'd ask for a spare controller rather than a charger.  :D 

• Like 1