What next for Veteran/Leaper-Kim?

Sim

Should be getting my Sherman within the next month and it's got me thinking what they might do next. They've arguably conquered the street-wheel market, will their next effort be aimed at off-roading or simply keep improving on the Sherm? Has anyone heard anything about their plans?

@MrRobot A Sherman Lite would do extremely well. Something about a $1000-1500 mark would go like hit cakes.

@null Yeah I can see iterations of the same designs would make sense in that factories don't have to re-tool etc. A part of me doesn't want to see that though as it smacks of Gotway like you say. These guys seem to be very deliberate in their design vision - reading what riders want, delivering it in a beautifully thought-out package and future-proofing it. The Sherman is going to be a stalwart for years to come and I can see them wanting the same for their next wheel.

@Mango I guess if I were to design the perfect off-roading wheel(pure indulgence):

Take the Sherman. Add suspension. Add a 3500W hollow motor from the upcoming EX, or even a 3000W if it exists(that should be plenty of power to get up those hills). Keep it's current battery size and the 18650 cells the same(trying to keep weight below 40kg). Shell design would have to change for the suspension, but keep that utilitarian look and round off those roll-bar corners that get in the way of decent off-roading ability. I'd like to see the Screen lifted off the wheel entirely tbh and onto a wristwatch-style platform(looking down while riding is no good for anyone's safety). 

Easy access for maintenance like you say, and I'd also add a quality leather seat as standard, giving the rider a chance to rest their legs when needed(give zoomwheels the contract).

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I was just thinking a Sherman Lite. I like the frame they have going on but I don't need that price tag or the 3500W battery.  Make it slighter cheaper than the V11 but with a larger battery around 2000WH and motor about 2600W.  I guess it would be a MSP killer =P. 

• Like 2

I want a wheel that is a good combo to have together with the Sherman. Something like the mten3 or mcm5 but in a durable shell. They have to keep the bar of steel whatever they do, it is great for durability.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

tire size 18x3" or more is prob the future, my guess is Sherm have a good thing going on, and the compition is busy shooting themselves in the foot.  So why change a good thing ? 

Id love a suspension wheel - the V11 and KS s18 have many flaws.  So Sherm should be aple to make a great product but why do it?   They make good money now .. 

• Like 2

Honestly just change out the axle motor for a hollow bore and i'll buy one. This was pretty much the only factor that led me to buy an RS instead.

As to what they might actually do or rather what business move i think would suit them best is to become the new gotway (minus the bad parts of course).

I want for them to become the high performance brand in the euc world, with specs/reliability dwarfing gotway or any other company.
Top level design, speed and durability they've already got. I would hate to see them go the gotway route of becoming the jack of all trades by having sub-versions of versions of models , i'd rather see them having a small, thought-out, line up of the best euc tech has to offer potentially releasing only 1 wheel per year or less to focus on making something at least close to perfection.. I want for them to wait with implementing solutions to for instance suspension until they have something that works brilliantly instead of rushing it out there. 

I want consistency in their designs - their sherman is the best designed and most robust wheel ever made + the roll bar makes it the most easily customizable and i would love to see this format/style become their hallmark. Anything less would be really disappointing to me. I understand why people want other things from this company like small battery models or lite version of the sherman and for many reasons that makes sense to a lot of people but personally i wouldn't want to see a sub 2000wh capacity from this company. I want them to claim their spot as the euc company that makes absolute tanks, not lightly armored vehicles or jeeps and in that vain it'd be cool to see them keep a tank naming scheme. Imagine a veteran tiger with 8000wh  :eff034a94a: or a veteran p1000 ratte with 160000Kwh :facepalm::lol:

Edited by xiiijojjo
  • Like 3

On 9/9/2020 at 10:13 PM, Tor 77 said:

Any ideas or opinions how this wheel woud handle if it had suspension ? 

Looking at what is on market choice right now. I doubt anyone can guess this until we see a solution. 

That said and how the GW and Veteran can to be (or split) I doubt suspension is on the table any time soon. 

To me they took a GW design and added 10%, and by that they took the niche top cost models away from GW. I would expect them to continue this trend like @null said above to get mold cost back. Branching out might not be (easy) to do for them right now. 

I’d like to see a 24” version with at least 4800wh battery and speeds of over 90km. I find I hit 70km speed consistently and wish for a higher safety ceiling of at least 130km freespin speed.

Range is acceptable in winter but I am spoiled for longer, more aggressive riding.

No issues with “pedal dip” or unseated tires. I’d like to see dedicated daytime running lights and usb power ports for the next revision or upgraded model, but these can already be fairly easily modded on the Sherman.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Mango said:

I’d like to see a 24” version with at least 4800wh battery and speeds of over 90km. I find I hit 70km speed consistently and wish for a higher safety ceiling of at least 130km freespin speed.

Range is acceptable in winter but I am spoiled for longer, more aggressive riding.

No issues with “pedal dip” or unseated tires. I’d like to see dedicated daytime running lights and usb power ports for the next revision or upgraded model, but these can already be fairly easily modded on the Sherman.

Love it! Go up not down. 👍

Imagine a Monster Pro-type thing but done by Veteran. It'd be done right, that's for sure.

The main selling point for me on Veteran was the quality and reliability. Put that in a larger machine and you have one serious tourer on your hands. All it needs is a motor that will handle off-road like the MSP and you've got a massive winner.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Sim said:

Love it! Go up not down. 👍

Imagine a Monster Pro-type thing but done by Veteran. It'd be done right, that's for sure.

The main selling point for me on Veteran was the quality and reliability. Put that in a larger machine and you have one serious tourer on your hands. All it needs is a motor that will handle off-road like the MSP and you've got a massive winner.

Hmmm, a larger wheel with their existing shell would also solve the ground clearance issue and also the cage coming close to curbs. I definitely would be interested in a Vereran frame on a 22” wheel 

• Like 2

I have been inside da Veteran factory with my droned cam, tis slaveworkers at the assembley libes making armed UFOs for the communist state. A 24" wheel EUC will fly away UFO style, if it ends in da water itll be a flying submarine - da communists will take over da planet with strange virus and swimming vehicles. They will stop @nuttin.  The mold needs 2b paid 4. By U.  When U jump on da veteran U will notice: NO susPENSION, No hollow motor rustbucketbearings.  Tis very old design methinx, almost waterproof even not like gNotway? 95-Year-Old WWII Veteran Gets Surprise Visit From An 'Old Friend': A Sherman  Tank | Here & Now

Da only vaxx against EUC fever is a broken leg  noone knows how long itll last broken-leg.jpg

now let the bullies bully u and the Billies Bill u

Edited by Finn Bjerke
worse

HI Mango

Im having serious doubts about that wheel. I want range and speed and stability for sure. But I get the feeling its a wheel that lacks maneuverabilty, its a bit like a fast freight train (excuse the metaphore) If it wasnt for the bloody lockdown Id go and test it. 

Edited by Finn Bjerke

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2021 at 4:43 PM, Ben Kim said:

Veteran is working on two wheels:

16” wheel and a suspension wheel of unknown size. 

Original Plan, I was holding out for next Gen Sherman. Plan got destroyed when everyone got a Sherman. Getting mine Sunday. Who is LeaperKim?

• Like 2