[Outdated topic] King Song Apps are here!

Electric Dreams

Apps should not be side-loaded for security reasons. Apps should be downloaded from the official app store to help ensure the third-party vendors that write the software for King Song do not add malicious code as has been seen repeatedly in the past (most notably from Chinese vendors).

It's not always even the third-party vendors who are at fault, but some of the libraries that they use to write their software which has been found malicious. Software development is so complex nowadays with so many layers it makes sense to have integrity checks on applications before downloading them, unfortunately.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, WI_Hedgehog said:

Apps should not be side-loaded for security reasons. Apps should be downloaded from the official app store to help ensure the third-party vendors that write the software for King Song do not add malicious code as has been seen repeatedly in the past (most notably from Chinese vendors).

It's not always even the third-party vendors who are at fault, but some of the libraries that they use to write their software which has been found malicious. Software development is so complex nowadays with so many layers it makes sense to have integrity checks on applications before downloading them, unfortunately.

Sure I agree, and Android users have the privilege of downloading an old KS app however Apple users do not. 

The pure purpose of this release was to let users have the ability to change their speed limit settings, Apple can take ages to approve and application but we are expecting this month. 

This is a solution for the time being for people who are eager to unlock the speed. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jack King Song said:

The new apps are here!  

Android: https://www.kingsong.com/list-30.html       (Click Android)

Appstore: https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/softtuner/id1506122805  (Search Softtuner on App store)

Both app will be on their official stores; Android - Play Store and iOS - App Store soon. However if you can't wait feel free to use the above links

The iOS app will not look the way it does and will have a more user friendly experience once it launches on the Appstore.

Please note that some functions muting the bluetooth music connection voice, turning off the beep sounds (lifting trolley handle, changing light modes, connected to bluetooth) is expected to be fully functional within the next month. 

The link for Android doesn't direct me to softtuner just the normal kingsong app have you got a download link for the softtuner plz

@Jack King Song

3 minutes ago, Jack King Song said:

The android app is followed by the kingsong website link. Softtuner is for Ios. 

Haven't we got a softtuner for Android , I have the old one when I was testing firmware for kingsong , I just need a valid username and password as mine has expired

The new version 3.3.6 is not stable. the best that works is 3.1.4 works well and has no bugs. I speak for Android

they put on 3.3.6 a shutdown and a tilt of the footrests but they don't work, also it is hard to connect and sometimes there is always a network bug that does not unlock the KS16X tells me illegal device

37 minutes ago, stephen said:

ok I wanted to test firmware 1.08 but that's only on ios

You don't get automaticly the new firmware 1.08 once you have the new app.

The firmware has to be released to public on the kingsong server, as far as i got it.

The new app is "only" needed to use the new features which will be available?!

Edited by Chriull
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Chriull said:

You don't get automaticly the new firmware 1.08 once you have the new app.

The firmware has to be released to public on the kingsong server, as far as i got it.

The new app is "only" needed to use the new features which will be available?!

on iOS you can choose which firmware you want. Including 1.08

IMG-20200415-WA0008.jpg

Edited by stephen
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, stephen said:

on iOS you can choose which forward you want. Including 1.08

IMG-20200415-WA0008.jpg

Yeah this is huge.  Don't need a username pass.  Can't downgrade to 1.05.  Haha someone else do it and see if it works.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Wgm said:

Yeah this is huge.  Don't need a username pass.  Can't downgrade to 1.05.  Haha someone else do it and see if it works.

Sorry, CAN downgrade to 1.05 or upgrade to 1.08 on softtuner for IOS.  

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, George Iliev said:

.... MUTING THE BEEP SOUNDS?! You mean, that I won't need to rip open the wheel with my teeth out of rage due to the constant recitation of "War And Peace" in Chinese Morse code? Turning off the bluetooth voice, which so subtly tells me, my wife, my kids, my neighbours, every night when I need to check a setting that, "Bluetooth is Turned Off"... 

I don't know mate... you should think if you should add that option... 

Joking aside, that would be the single biggest update I've ever wanted to lay my hands on. I was planning to disassemble the wheel and make a switch to route the buzzer power to a subtle LED light showing me when there's communication, because I couldn't bear with the annoyance of those horrendous beeps. PLEASE do it. 

That said, I commented to receive notifications about new posts to know when this life-changing event happens. 

The world should then be fine until the day you buy a charger with more than 5A, or the charging process is stopped in the middle of the night and your wheel reminds you to disconnect your charger with these subtle beeps. :laughbounce2:

I suspect that it is not planned to mute these alarms as well. 

8 minutes ago, George Iliev said:

Dude, I've got a firm policy that states nothing with an inverter or with a battery is left plugged in while I'm out or sleeping. I have 3 fire extinguishers at the house at strategic positions, and just saw in a youtube video how @Kuji Rolls has some orange anti-fire balls on top of his wheels, and guess who has two thumbs and a credit card this Christmas... :thumbup: 

Good policy, that's exactly why I have quick chargers, so that I can run out of battery in the evening and get it fully charged again before I go to sleep. :thumbup:

The only trouble is when you're late and want to go straight to bed. In this case I leave the next day with less capacity and charge later during a break somewhere in a restaurant. When the alarm starts with more than 5A charging current, the people next to the table are pleased. :whistling:

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, HuskerDawg said:

Whats with the iOS app softtuner asking for login password? There's a login as guest but it wont connect to the wheel.

Worked for KS16x