[Outdated topic] King Song Apps are here!

Electric Dreams

9 hours ago, HuskerDawg said:

What am I missing? How do you create a user login and password? iOS 

You don't need a login just use guest 👍

On 4/16/2020 at 2:11 AM, travsformation said:

@Jack King Song Do you know if firmware downgrade will be an option in Android too?

I had to use my iPad, they do have one for Android but that's just for developers and testers it wouldn't be hard to give everyone it tbh

• Like 1

On 4/15/2020 at 6:37 PM, WI_Hedgehog said:

Why don't you post the YouTube link so we can all look at Kuji's balls?

:clap3:

No photo description available.

Ive seen batteries burn, I would suspect that if those are 'fire  balls' they'll be fighting hard against all those rows of batteries and a wooden bench.

On topic...  Does the kingsong app work with wifi turned off? I gave up on the other KS apps as they kept telling me to turn on wifi, tho my wheel only uses bluetooth. Honestly, the app is too little too late, as I moved on to another that works, worked and will probably work in the future.

• Like 3

The Android app feels more polished than previous iterations, although there are still a few things that could use improvement. Gyroscope angle adjustment (I understand this is pedal angle) doesn't work for me, nor does poweroff timeout. I've tried both options on the 16X and 18XL.

Clearer descriptions of what each option does would be helpful for new users who don't know what the different light modes are, for instance, or what calibration is. But still, the app feels a bit more polished than before (I haven't done any thorough testing yet though). 

I'm not too fond on the permissions though, as it requires location, making and managing calls, taking pictures and recording video, recording audio, or it won't even open. @Jack King Song if I'm correct, these permissions stem from some of the dependencies used in the app and aren't an actual privacy concern. All the same, a lot of users expressed their privacy concerns regarding these permissions in the previous apps, and coupled with the fact the app isn't on the Play Store, a lot of users are wary of installing and using the app. Until it's on the Play Store, I think it would be helpful (when you get a chance to, I know you're overworked) to have some clarification so users can use the app more at ease. :)

Worth noting, my antivirus doesn't think it's a virus, but I still understand and respect everyone's privacy concerns and think an explanation would be reassuring for many :)

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, travsformation said:

I'm not too fond on the permissions though, as it requires location, making and managing calls, taking pictures and recording video, recording audio, or it won't even open. @Jack King Song if I'm correct, these permissions stem from some of the dependencies used in the app and aren't an actual privacy concern. All the same, a lot of users expressed their privacy concerns regarding these permissions in the previous apps, and coupled with the fact the app isn't on the Play Store, a lot of users are wary of installing and using the app. Until it's on the Play Store, I think it would be helpful (when you get a chance to, I know you're overworked) to have some clarification so users can use the app more at ease. :)

And that answers all i need to know. Thanks for saving me the trouble.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Wgm said:

I downgraded my KS16x to 1.05 I like it more than 1.07.

I hear you're not the only one...but remember, it isn't as safe as 1.0.7, you should set titlback at 45 km/h max. (lower, ideally), and an alarm at 40, to remind you not to accelerate aggressively.

Enjoy and be safe! 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

As Hagov sais in this video

something is messed up with the firmware. Even the rollback to 1.05 is nerfed somehow. 

I never ride my wheel under 50 % battery and never above 30 km and I am therefore not worried about the cutoffs.

They should make a firmware where you could experience that original 1.05 feel. Restrict it according to battery or max speed or something..

Selling this wheel for full price with the 1.07 firmware is just a scam of new customers to the industry. And it will backfire. Why pay for this motor when its completely firmware limited to a booring niveau?

At 1.07 the wheel feels dead. Or broken. Or like a 16 S. Stay away!

2 hours ago, Mats Anda said:

As Hagov sais in this video

something is messed up with the firmware. Even the rollback to 1.05 is nerfed somehow. 

I never ride my wheel under 50 % battery and never above 30 km and I am therefore not worried about the cutoffs.

They should make a firmware where you could experience that original 1.05 feel. Restrict it according to battery or max speed or something..

Selling this wheel for full price with the 1.07 firmware is just a scam of new customers to the industry. And it will backfire. Why pay for this motor when its completely firmware limited to a booring niveau?

At 1.07 the wheel feels dead. Or broken. Or like a 16 S. Stay away!

I really think you are wrong on every point. I wounder how you got the expectation of how it should feel prior to fw 1.07 if you got the wheel in box with fw 1.07 and how do you decided that you can't downgrade to fw 1.05 100%? 

I also wounder how you would feel a huge difference if you only ride to 30kmh like you said. You would reach that in a blink of an eye. 

If you are new like you say, what reference point do you have to compare. 

To me your post just don't add up. 

Still my best wheel tbh 😁 some stuff on the fault section are minor , I did watch the Speedo just before the cut out and it did shoot forward before cutout, I still think with the 16x it's so bloody torquey if you lean to much going 26mph you'll be soon over the limit . This wheel is like a rocket with acceleration.. I wouldn't be put off buying this wheel, you'll be missing out
I'm over 200lbs and never had a problem on any firmware, don't lean to much near the top end speed or you'll speed past the beep and tiltback and cut off that's my theory I know they should be a better saftey factor but that's how I ride it to try safe safe I hope it keeps that way

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, MalMax said:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15PD2rmVYTpn9q00fUa4TJeVoxDvfxdQf/view?usp=sharing 

Softtuner analog for Android. I didn't know why KingSong didn't share it. Login as Guest and enjoy!!! :)

Works great. I updated to 2.02 (which I assume/hope is the same as 1.08).

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Works great. I updated to 2.02 (which I assume/hope is the same as 1.08).

Now that KS has replaced the text "apptest" with actual release notes, it might no longer be deemed a beta, so upgrading via EUC World should be an option any day now (if @Seba hasn't made it available already).

BTW, which wheel(s) did you upgrade? AFAIK, 2.02 is available for the 14" series, the 16S, 16X (and XS), 18S, 18L and 18XL (how many of those do you own....) :whistling:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, travsformation said:

Now that KS has replaced the text "apptest" with actual release notes, it might no longer be deemed a beta, so upgrading via EUC World should be an option any day now (if @Seba hasn't made it available already).

BTW, which wheel(s) did you upgrade? AFAIK, 2.02 is available for the 14" series, the 16S, 16X (and XS), 18S, 18L and 18XL (how many of those do you own....) :whistling:

As of a couple hours ago EUC World did not have anything beyond 1.07 for me to upgrade to. So I had to use the SoftTuner app.

I updated the KS16X. I have no intentions just now of touching my KS18XL - it runs great and does everything I want.

I only own two KingSong's at the moment. I do anticipate adding the S18 when available :w00t2:

• Like 2