[Outdated topic] King Song Apps are here!

Electric Dreams

8 hours ago, Chad Stingle said:

Are there plans for you to have the v11 or S18 for testing soon?   Curious about how it will do on overheat hill.

I should receive both wheels for testing. When this happens is a big unknown but should occur before production units start shipping en masse. 

• Like 1

On 5/24/2020 at 10:45 AM, shwinston said:

@Jack King Song Any updates on the new King Song app? When the tuner was released we were told the app would be coming out at the end of April. King Song said they were waiting to for Apple to approve the app. Is that still the case?

Thew new app is now up! 

6 minutes ago, Jack King Song said:

Thew new app is now up! 

By up as in official platform app store?

I don't see Kingsong on Google play store. I really hope you are getting you app certified and official store released. Until then I can't install it. 

(Company rules on unsafe apps).

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Unventor said:

By up as in official platform app store?

I don't see Kingsong on Google play store. I really hope you are getting you app certified and official store released. Until then I can't install it. 

(Company rules on unsafe apps).

The user was asking about iOS, so I replied to him that the app was up. 
I just made a post on the new releases, we are submitting to Play Store, its in the process. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Jack King Song said:

Thew new app is now up! 

Excellent! Really nice to finally have an official, vetted app.

Does anyone know if the new iOS version allows you to silence the piercing (and embarrassing) nuisance beeps on the 16X? If so, I might have to pony-up for an Apple phone immediately.  :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Jeff Earl said:

Excellent! Really nice to finally have an official, vetted app.

Does anyone know if the new iOS version allows you to silence the piercing (and embarrassing) nuisance beeps on the 16X? If so, I might have to pony-up for an Apple phone immediately.  :thumbup:

Turning off beeps is not currently available. It is however possible to turn off bluetooth sound when the machine starts up. Please check the appropriate thread for instructions. 

26 minutes ago, Jack King Song said:

Turning off beeps is not currently available. It is however possible to turn off bluetooth sound when the machine starts up. Please check the appropriate thread for instructions. 

Thanks. Yes, I successfully updated the 16X Bluetooth firmware to suppress the connection messages last week. It's a welcomed improvement. One step closer to my perfect wheel... I was  hoping to avoid drilling into my shell to implement the ingenious  beeper defeat switch mod from @buell47  But I might have to risk it to maintain my sanity. Cheers.

11 hours ago, Jack King Song said:

I just made a post on the new releases, we are submitting to Play Store, its in the process. 

Awesome to hear! In the meantime though, the current android app is in the .bin format. Whilst this can simply be renamed to .apk, it would be nice for other nontechnical users to have the properly created .apk file.

1 hour ago, John Montpetit said:

This app is cr-app. Man am I pissed! I deleted darknessbot to install softtuner and lost all my darkness data. The softtuner app just make my wheel tilt full forward and then full back. I had to reinstall darknessbot.

The softtuner app is the old app, the new one is named kingsong...

Softuner was a temporary solution, normally for internal use.
They probably pulled guest access now that the official app is out.

Use the new official app called "KingSong" with a blue KS logo if you dont want to use DB.
It's been mentioned on the previous page of this very thread.

Next time maybe wait till you are sure of your new app before deleting the previous one.

Edited by null

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@ Jack King Song, Why am I consistently asked for a PIN number when I try and set up the new Kingsong v. 2.00? And when I try to adjust setting I get a “ Warning: new values not changed.” I’ve deleted the app and downloaded a new one and tried many time but I can’t get it to work. I’m riding a 18 XL.

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Jack King Song said:

@travsformation can we please delete this thread, its no longer needed. 

Unpinned the post. I reckon it can stay for "historical reasons", but won't be displayed prominently in the app section and draw attention to it. Is the thread below the right one where new questions should be asked? I can always pin that one if you like

• Like 1

• meepmeepmayer changed the title to [Outdated topic] King Song Apps are here!
14 hours ago, travsformation said:

Unpinned the post. I reckon it can stay for "historical reasons", but won't be displayed prominently in the app section and draw attention to it. Is the thread below the right one where new questions should be asked? I can always pin that one if you like

yes pls