How old are you?

Gasmantle

How old are you?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. A number of postings lately have been asking how old is 'too old to ride' etc and the replies seem to suggest that the average age of active riders on this forum is higher than would be expected. So I thought a poll of ages may help - how old are you?

• Under 20
    • 20-30
    • 31-40
    • 41-50
    • 51-60
    • 61-70
    • Over 70.

It'd be interesting to see if the riding style changes based on age. Like if the older riders tend to go slower, but for longer rides, or if it doesn't really matter. IDK if there's a scientific way to test that but now I'm curious

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I am 42 but actively trying to avoid being responsible. 31mph rider or whatever max speed theyll give me. 29mph is UBER comfy on my 31mph wheel(conditions willing)!

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 3

On 3/5/2020 at 10:21 AM, MeepLaw said:

It'd be interesting to see if the riding style changes based on age. Like if the older riders tend to go slower, but for longer rides, or if it doesn't really matter. IDK if there's a scientific way to test that but now I'm curious

I'm 57 and ride more aggressive and faster than my 23yo son! Time is wasting son. 

Edited by AngryJackPCB
Fix spelling
  • Like 3

47 y/o for me but I can't seem to go fast enough. I blame too many years of fast motorbikes. Quite scary really. I am convinced however that years of bikes does actually help to quite an extent - I read the road and upcoming hazards like a hawk when riding the EUC. As has been said, 30mph seems like nothing so I am often at 35 which the wheel is very comfortable with (MSX 100v).

• Like 2

49 yr old slow poke, strangely, after years of motorcycle road racing and fast woods riding (and sports cars), you'd think I'd be a speed demon, maybe later when I get more experience but right now, I'm happy at moderate speeds on my euc, if I need speed, I'll hop on one of my sickles.

Totally get what you are saying :) I thought I would never need or want more than 15mph but now it seems like I am crawling if I do that. I think part of it is the wheel you are using as well. The MSX for example is so confidence inspiring that it doesn't get ruffled even at 30mph. That said I do use low pressure (25psi for 90kg) which makes for a really smooth ride and I haven't had any concerns about pinch flats but I do ride with very bent knees.

• Like 1

59 with the body of a 70 yr old, :( only managed a couple of sessions on my first wheel before I had my heart attack and had to take a break so no idea what my riding style will be like, but based on my snow boarding and skiing I don’t think I will be happy at slow speeds :) only another week or so and will hopefully be back to learning :) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, David Reeves said:

59 with the body of a 70 yr old, :( only managed a couple of sessions on my first wheel before I had my heart attack and had to take a break so no idea what my riding style will be like, but based on my snow boarding and skiing I don’t think I will be happy at slow speeds :) only another week or so and will hopefully be back to learning :) 

Ouch, the ultimate overlean. Sorry to hear about it, but glad to see you're still up and around and able to be impatient about getting back to it! You didnt happen to mix up the little blue pill with your morning vitamins did ya? I hear that can offer a decent kickstand but hard on the ole ticker!

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

60 years old, metabolic age 19. Usually ride no faster than 15mph, definitely not a speeder. Experience tells me there is no perfect wheel. At some point, something might go wrong. It's better to stay on the safe side, can't take too many faceplants! Already had 2! One was hitting a pothole when I was inexperience, Second one was from a battery cutoff. Believe in wheel romance, not wheel masturbation:whistling:

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I'm 59 and I just received my first EUC two days ago, a Kingsong 14D. I decided to start with a smaller, less expensive model before I move to a bigger one. I'm not in great physical shape these days and find I can only practice 10 to 15 minutes at a time. In two days I've done about six 10 min sessions and I can ride down to the end of the driveway now. I still feel like I am going to fall at any second but that's normal for us newbies. I'm really looking forward to the day I can take it out and ride around the block. I also look forward to the day when I can mount it without feeling like I am doing gymnastics.

I can't tell you how many people told me I was too old to be getting one. Ha! 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I’m 68 years old. In the market for my next wheel, my first was the Kingsong 16s. I have no complaints about the wheel but feel a need for more speed. I try to keep my speed around 20mph to avoid the constant beeps and tilt backs. I feel a cruising speed in the 23-25mph range would be ideal. Range is also a priority, I had always thought the KS18XL would be my next wheel but after talking to the people at eWheels I am seriously considering the GW Nikola 84v 2100wh. Going to pull the trigger soon.:laughbounce2: