EUC Extreme is no longer Extreme

Marty Backe

I was just looking at an old video by @EUC Extreme. His videos were awesome back in the day, and he was truly extreme :cheers:

But it just occurred to me that time has passed him by. It's like looking at race car footage from the 30's. Ancient wheel by today's standard and the riding/jumping that people are doing now kind of makes you yawn when watching these old videos.

The real point of this post is not to trash @EUC Extreme (his stuff was great and inspiring to me 4 years ago) but to highlight how far we have come, where his extreme riding 4-years ago is ho-hum now.

Amazing progress.

• Like 1

I completely agree! Infact yesterday i was out on some extreme mountainbike trails. Then i posted it and as a joke i wrote that "Euc extreme is dead to me"  :roflmao:

But honestly yes. I looked at his videos a few weeks ago. They all seem unremarkable by today's standards. And was wondering where those extreme videos i remember i saw of him were. But they were there. They just weren't extreme anymore. And even more ironic was i heard somewhere he complained he didn't want to buy new wheels because they don't offer enough. And the concept is boring without good enough specs :facepalm::efef2e0fff:

Edited by Shad0z
  • Like 2

what in the hell is he wearing... and what in the hell is he riding xD looks like a 3d printed wheel lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I was just looking at an old video by @EUC Extreme. His videos were awesome back in the day, and he was truly extreme :cheers:

But it just occurred to me that time has passed him by. It's like looking at race car footage from the 30's. Ancient wheel by today's standard and the riding/jumping that people are doing now kind of makes you yawn when watching these old videos.

The real point of this post is not to trash @EUC Extreme (his stuff was great and inspiring to me 4 years ago) but to highlight how far we have come, where his extreme riding 4-years ago is ho-hum now.

Amazing progress.

I would love to see you test the stuff he does in winter season in Austin. Now that you are retired you have all the time to match his winter skills. Just a heads up, it isn't as easy as it might look to some (I can't do his stuff that thing I am fully aware of). 

And you have the collection of wheel to do it too :popcorn:I am looking forward for some big screen entertainment.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I would love to see you test the stuff he does in winter season in Austin. Now that you are retired you have all the time to match his winter skills. Just a heads up, it isn't as easy as it might look to some (I can't do his stuff that thing I am fully aware of). 

And you have the collection of wheel to do it too :popcorn:I am looking forward for some big screen entertainment.

I'm not an extreme rider and never claimed to be one :)  @EUC Extreme is still extreme relative to my meager skills. Like I said, I'm just using him as an example to show how far we have come in 4-years.

• Like 3

On 11/25/2019 at 11:24 PM, Marty Backe said:

I'm not an extreme rider and never claimed to be one :)  @EUC Extreme is still extreme relative to my meager skills. Like I said, I'm just using him as an example to show how far we have come in 4-years.

If it wasn't your "brand", I would suggest you change your handle to "EUC Mediocre".   :P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EUC Extreme said:

And now, as the newest one, I'm practicing Impossible Wheel.

Nice, I started to practice mounting the unpowered EUC. Though I believe I have seen it on Youtube, no way how I see myself moving with it, but the future is so difficult to predict...

Edited by Mono
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, EUC Extreme said:

Yes. Time has passed.

And that's why I quit because the EUC no longer offered me enough challenge. The devices couldn't do what I wanted them to do. I was frustrated with the constant repair and decided to quit.

It would be possible to make any effective EUC, but no one will. I tried it myself, but the circuit board gave me an insurmountable problem.

I will guarantee that someday they will race. And then power is not the limit. But it may be that, at the moment I'm too old :)

Because I wanted more of a challenge, I decided to switch to a muscle-powered tire.
And now, as the newest one, I'm practicing Impossible Wheel.
It is still going poorly, but sometimes I succeed.

:)

What's the best euc you have tried? 

6 minutes ago, EUC Extreme said:

For my needs EUC should be ..
Lots more speed. Approximately 80-100km / h.

I think your switch to mechanical unicycles was a pretty healthy one ;)

• Like 2