MTen3 67v 420Wh vs 84v 325Wh

Can anyone please tell me if the Mten 325Wh/84V using tubeless tire?And my riding weight is 210 lbs and how far it can go?

Thanks

Peter Q

9 hours ago, Peter Q said:

Can anyone please tell me if the Mten 325Wh/84V using tubeless tire?And my riding weight is 210 lbs and how far it can go?

Thanks

Peter Q

All the Mten3's have been tubeless for maybe a couple of years.

When I did my range test I believe I squeaked in 20-miles with a riding weight of ~180-pounds.

I would guess that you would have a usable range of ~8-miles, give or take.

This is a wheel for having fun, including taking it to your neighborhood store/eatery, etc. I'll take mine into town to grab lunch etc, probably burning no more than ~6-miles.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Peter Q said:

Thanks

Peter Q

Good day, 

Just gonna write what's on my Mten3 325Wh/84V tire for anyone curious...

Seyoun NJK 10x3.00-6.5 (70/65-6.5) 

SY-E008-15

2 PLY RATING TUBELESS

MAX LOAD 70kg (155 lbs) AT 210kPa (30Psi) COLD

Hope this helps. I'm no tire expert, my MTen3 is still a few days old... so any technical stuff and info I rely on the experts on these forums. Thank you guys.

• Like 1

On 1/19/2020 at 2:50 PM, Aneta said:

Has anyone thought about making auxiliary battery packs on the sides? One layer of 18650's is 18mm thick, 20s1p can be arranged in 2 lengthwise by 10 diameterwise (130mm by 180mm by 18mm) that can be attached to the side, with a 3D printed cover, for only 20-22mm extra thickness on each side. Provided that you redo the built-in pack with Sanyo GA and auxiliary packs with Sanyo's as well, you'll have a 20s4p configuration, with 1024Wh capacity and 3x redundancy factor!

Question for those who own Mten3: would adding 20mm slab on each side make it uncomfortable/impossible to ride?

I would like to mod the case to allow a removal battery pack from a electric skateboard kit or something else, which would have the wattage and info on the side, this way when remove you could carry on a plane... your allowed (2) 160 Watt hour batteries per passenger..

21 minutes ago, WildHuman said:

I would like to mod the case to allow a removal battery pack from a electric skateboard kit or something else, which would have the wattage and info on the side, this way when remove you could carry on a plane... your allowed (2) 160 Watt hour batteries per passenger..

Not to disappoint you, but realistically you won't be able to take it on a plane anyways (at least without a ton of preparation and some luckily aligned stars). The 2x160Wh is just the maximum an airline may allow. Most of them will refuse to even carry a ridable without any batteries.

Info can be found here, in a thread split off from this one funnily enough:

I like your mod idea, though. Maybe you can just do it for fun. Would be interesting to see how you do it.

I tried skimming through this thread but could not find the answer to the questions asked earlier by others (I'm guessing the 420Wh 67v version is too new)

1. Does the 67v version have the same torque and fun of the 84v version at low speeds?

2. Is it a bit lighter than the 512Wh version? 

3. Does it have the cutoff button since it's a newer model too?

Thanks in advance to anyone who may know this stuff.

I think the alternate versions are a great idea, had no idea they were available until I randomly was just browsing all the eWheels products for the billionth time.

Edited by tenofnine
  • Like 1

On 1/21/2020 at 6:21 PM, tenofnine said:

I tried skimming through this thread but could not find the answer to the questions asked earlier by others (I'm guessing the 420Wh 67v version is too new)

1. Does the 67v version have the same torque and fun of the 84v version at low speeds?

2. Is it a bit lighter than the 512Wh version? 

3. Does it have the cutoff button since it's a newer model too?

Thanks in advance to anyone who may know this stuff.

I think the alternate versions are a great idea, had no idea they were available until I randomly was just browsing all the eWheels products for the billionth time.

I got to play with the 67v version a couple of days ago. One of my friends got one and it was super fun. I haven't played with the normal 84v version though so I can't compare the two. It did have the cutoff switch though.

Is it safe to assume the 84v would do better going up vert ramps at a skate park?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cory Brown said:

I got to play with the 67v version a couple of days ago. One of my friends got one and it was super fun. I haven't played with the normal 84v version though so I can't compare the two. It did have the cutoff switch though.

Is it safe to assume the 84v would do better going up vert ramps at a skate park?

So I just received my Mten 420Wh 67v from Jason. Haven't had a chance to ride it today, but mine has a cut-off switch as well (which I expected) and the slick looking black ACM pedals....although I wonder if they have the same clearance as the originals?

It's a lot lighter than I was expecting, but I weighed it and it does weigh 22.2 lbs (guess I've just gotten used to my Tesla which weighs 42.1 lbs).

It has a nice fat 3.00 inch tubeless tire on it though it does seem to be the minipro tread and it's so hard it feels almost like it's solid rubber (only at 20 psi RN). Rated for 155 lbs load.....ruh-roh haha

It's well-built and cute, can't wait to ride it later today. I want to see what the top "safe-ish" speed is and what range I get.

I might actually get motivated to make a proper review since there isn't a lot of video of this version yet. I'm assuming it'll be almost as fun as the 84v version since the small wheel is really what allows that zippy torque (and I don't weigh too much)

2 hours ago, tenofnine said:

So I just received my Mten 420Wh 67v from Jason. Haven't had a chance to ride it today, but mine has a cut-off switch as well (which I expected) and the slick looking black ACM pedals....although I wonder if they have the same clearance as the originals?

It's a lot lighter than I was expecting, but I weighed it and it does weigh 22.2 lbs (guess I've just gotten used to my Tesla which weighs 42.1 lbs).

It has a nice fat 3.00 inch tubeless tire on it though it does seem to be the minipro tread and it's so hard it feels almost like it's solid rubber (only at 20 psi RN). Rated for 155 lbs load.....ruh-roh haha

It's well-built and cute, can't wait to ride it later today. I want to see what the top "safe-ish" speed is and what range I get.

I might actually get motivated to make a proper review since there isn't a lot of video of this version yet. I'm assuming it'll be almost as fun as the 84v version since the small wheel is really what allows that zippy torque (and I don't weigh too much)

At 20psi you'll probably scrape the hell out of the pedals. IMO, the Mten3 is most fun and agile at the rated ~34psi.  Just keep that in mind if you find yourself scraping a lot. The Mten3 should be able to do a 360 by just thinking the thought :D

• Like 2

Yea tire says 30 psi which seems to be in line with the MiniPro tire (but then again that was meant to have 2 of these tires supporting a max of 220)

Maybe my gauge is a bit off for this size tire because I pumped it up to 20 PSI and I recorded the tire at ground level while I was on the mten3 and there was no deflection and it feels like if I pump it any more it'll pop. It's also quite bouncy when I drop it on the tire from a few inches up (something I remember hearing houseofjob say was a good sign)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, tenofnine said:

Yea tire says 30 psi which seems to be in line with the MiniPro tire (but then again that was meant to have 2 of these tires supporting a max of 220)

Maybe my gauge is a bit off for this size tire because I pumped it up to 20 PSI and I recorded the tire at ground level while I was on the mten3 and there was no deflection and it feels like if I pump it any more it'll pop. It's also quite bouncy when I drop it on the tire from a few inches up (something I remember hearing houseofjob say was a good sign)

Hmmm. I thought the max on that tire was 33-34.

Just remember, if you scrape a lot, the pressure is probably too low. I never scrape my pedals, unless it's been awhile and I forget to top off the pressure.

Maybe time for a new gauge too ;)

I'm sure you are probably right, on my tire it says "2 ply rating tubeless MAX LOAD 70kg (155 lbs) at 210kPa (30 psi) COLD"

35 psi makes sense for 200lb load, they are probably just being discreet with their rating.

On my bike tires, my Tesla tire and even my car tires this gauge works perfectly and gives accurate readings. I have a friend at the local bike shop we'll see if his more accurate instruments get something different.

• Like 1

I'm so torn on which version to choose. I mainly want them for dual wheel tricks, and for my girlfriend and I to do short downtown trips together. The 67v would more than likely meet my needs more than fine, but I keep thinking about trying to take it to the skate park to play and needing that extra power.

Has anyone tried taking their 84v mTen to the skate park? Not looking to do anything crazy. Just ride the 3' quarter pipe.

9 hours ago, tenofnine said:

You need more air. I ride 40psi at riding weight of 170lb

I'd also recommend Stans sealant to maintain a consistent pressure

Edited by Declan acoustic-unicyclist

43 minutes ago, Declan acoustic-unicyclist said:

You need more air. I ride 40psi at riding weight of 170lb

I'd also recommend Stans sealant to maintain a consistent pressure

The tubeless tires from Gotway, by definition, include a tire sealant.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cory Brown said:

I'm so torn on which version to choose. I mainly want them for dual wheel tricks, and for my girlfriend and I to do short downtown trips together. The 67v would more than likely meet my needs more than fine, but I keep thinking about trying to take it to the skate park to play and needing that extra power.

Has anyone tried taking their 84v mTen to the skate park? Not looking to do anything crazy. Just ride the 3' quarter pipe.

I'm getting the 67-volt version within the next couple of weeks and will attempt to quantify any handling different between the two versions.

Keep in mind that the stock tire that comes with the Mten3 has very little traction.

• Like 1

On flat I seem to be able to replicate the same acceleration and  and deceleration as I've seen i most 84 volt videos i've seen.

But I'm pretty confident it's going to have worse climbing capabilities and will have lower torque and of course lower top speed on incline surfaces. So it probably won't be as fun on ramps and skate park transitions.

I ran some prelim tests for top speed on flat and so far I got the first alarm around 14 mph, the second around 16-17 mph and the final around 19 mph. I could be mistaken on the last 80% alarm, I suspect it can probably get up to 21-22 mph and I was just being super-cautious. I'm going to disable all alarms but the final one and see what I get when I'm fully geared (although ironically maybe that extra weight will affect the results)

• Like 2

Alright so I took it on a little 3 mile round trip up and down a lil' hill and around a bike path at the park.

It was 30-34 degrees outside, so assume these numbers are under an extreme-ish condition (again this is the 420Wh 67v version)-

So I was able to get 17 mph without any beeping going both up and down a 10-15 degree gradual hill that was about  0.5 miles long, it appears the top speed for my weight 190 lbs is about 18-19 mph on flat so I was getting accurate readings earlier. It can probably be pushed to 20-21 with a lighter more courageous rider, but it's probably not smart.

I am really impressed at it's ability to eat up inclines, the top speed wasn't affected at all and it never felt like it was struggling in the least bit. No annoying beeping or anything limiting me, the Mten3 feels a lot more fun to go mediums speeds on anyways (I'm not trying to be sonic on this little EUC). Never felt like I wanted to go faster but couldn't.

I left with 6 bars of battery and returned after 3 miles with 6 bars and 20% battery loss which then regained 10% after resting....so overall 10% battery lost in freezing temps.

I did get some prolonged wobbles that I figured out how to completely stop (alternating heel toe pressure and changing CoG), part of those wobbles was probably from being so cold as well with the wind chill of moving fast. The ACM pedals do create a really harsh angle that hurts my outer foot after a while but I'm getting used to it I think. We'll see I am curious to see what the original pedals were like, might ask Jason if I can buy them if the angle is flatter.

Edited by tenofnine
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, tenofnine said:

Alright so I took it on a little 3 mile round trip up and down a lil' hill and around a bike path at the park.

It was 30-34 degrees outside, so assume these numbers are under an extreme-ish condition (again this is the 420Wh 67v version)-

So I was able to get 17 mph without any beeping going both up and down a 10-15 degree gradual hill that was about  0.5 miles long, it appears the top speed for my weight 190 lbs is about 18-19 mph on flat so I was getting accurate readings earlier. It can probably be pushed to 20-21 with a lighter more courageous rider, but it's probably not smart.

I am really impressed at it's ability to eat up inclines, the top speed wasn't affected at all and it never felt like it was struggling in the least bit. No annoying beeping or anything limiting me, the Mten3 feels a lot more fun to go mediums speeds on anyways (I'm not trying to be sonic on this little EUC). Never felt like I wanted to go faster but couldn't.

I left with 6 bars of battery and returned after 3 miles with 6 bars and 20% battery loss which then regained 10% after resting....so overall 10% battery lost in freezing temps.

I did get some prolonged wobbles that I figured out how to completely stop (alternating heel toe pressure and changing CoG), part of those wobbles was probably from being so cold as well with the wind chill of moving fast. The ACM pedals do create a really harsh angle that hurts my outer foot after a while but I'm getting used to it I think. We'll see I am curious to see what the original pedals were like, might ask Jason if I can buy them if the angle is flatter.

The original pedals are flatter but about half the size of what you have :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

The original pedals are flatter but about half the size of what you have :)

Okay awesome to know. I might just buy them from Jason or something.....or maybe ask if he knows if any other pedals give a more favorable angle.

I only have a size 10-11 foot, and judging by seeing how both Michael and Duf's shoes hang off the original pedal I think it might be the same equivalent to how the ACM pedals are for me now. At least length-wise....they definitely are far less wide which might be the real uncomfortable part, but I am curious. The axle pedal brackets just have such a harsh angle to the metal part that stops the pedal from flipping down (compared to every other wheel I own). I was  wondering how easy it might be to shave that a bit down to let the ACM pedals fall lower (or if that might compromise something.)

Edited by tenofnine
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, tenofnine said:

Okay awesome to know. I might just buy them from Jason or something.....or maybe ask if he knows if any other pedals give a more favorable angle.

I only have a size 10-11 foot, and judging by seeing how both Michael and Duf's shoes hang off the original pedal I think it might be the same equivalent to how the ACM pedals are for me now. At least length-wise....they definitely are far less wide which might be the real uncomfortable part, but I am curious. The axle pedal brackets just have such a harsh angle to the metal part that stops the pedal from flipping down (compared to every other wheel I own). I was  wondering how easy it might be to shave that a bit down to let the ACM pedals fall lower (or if that might compromise something.)

People do modify the pedal angle by grinding/filing away the metal. But I highly recommend that you do not touch the pedal hangers and instead modify the pedals. If you screw up, you'll need to install new pedal hangers which is a major operation on any wheel.

Most people adapt to the wheel and pedal configuration of any wheel. Usually it just takes riding time to get the body to adjust. Everyone is obviously different though.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Han Vo said:

Is there a off road knobbly tire for the mten3?

I was actually just looking this up yesterday, ebay seems a good place to look or really any scooter selling vendor as long as the tire is the right width (most scooters use similar tires, and the minipro definitely does). Prices are all over the place though, don't get swindled.

724849944_offroadtirem10.JPG.9bc4aebba952b15ac71d3894cd134afa.JPG

13 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

People do modify the pedal angle by grinding/filing away the metal. But I highly recommend that you do not touch the pedal hangers and instead modify the pedals. If you screw up, you'll need to install new pedal hangers which is a major operation on any wheel.

Most people adapt to the wheel and pedal configuration of any wheel. Usually it just takes riding time to get the body to adjust. Everyone is obviously different though.

That makes a lot of sense, will look into this thanks for your wisdom Marty.

Edited by tenofnine