KingSong 16X Stand

DragonFZ

I got the one from Duff but I feel like it needs to be just a smidge wider for the 16x.  So I only used it for calibrating. For normal days I've been using the bottom package foam from the delivery box.  I'm hoping my buddy who is a wood shop teacher will build me something.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Genghis said:

I got the one from Duff but I feel like it needs to be just a smidge wider for the 16x. 

Is that the 3D Printed one found here? 

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2860951 

If so I have pinged the creator about seeing if they could make the larger model 15mm or so larger, or if they would be OK with sending me the files to do it  :) 

I havent heard back yet but after 2 weeks of daily use its holding it up well. 

34 minutes ago, Genghis said:

I got the one from Duff but I feel like it needs to be just a smidge wider for the 16x.  So I only used it for calibrating. For normal days I've been using the bottom package foam from the delivery box.  I'm hoping my buddy who is a wood shop teacher will build me something.

I have measured the Vertical Mount Pedal Plates (forgot what it is called) with 1/4 inch clearance from plastic case, the Gap is 8 inches.

I have used the Packaging foam as my stand and It is worn out... Looking for a more permanent solution.

6 hours ago, prasket said:

It looks similar, but doesn't use the same small connecting pieces.  If you search for EUC Army Store, you can find it.  I had purchased the regular one prior to anyone actually taking delivery of their 16x.  After the fact we found out that the normal stand isn't wide enough.  So he sent me a different connecting piece that's a little wider (made for the Z10).  This helped, but I feel like it would have been better if it was another 1-2 cm wider.  So I will be looking for other options.

I'm cheap. I rather spend money on more armor gear. Like 3 sets of knee pads aren't enough. (Currently, looking for wrist guard/gloves, already have 2 sets.) Here's what I found around the house and put together...

EUCstand.jpg

I think I can shave it down to all the essential supports, but what if I need the crate for something else like stowing my gear or something.

Edited by DragonFZ
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, DragonFZ said:

I'm cheap. I rather spend money on more armor gear. Like 3 sets of knee pads aren't enough. (Currently, looking for wrist guard/gloves, already have 2 sets.) Here's what I found around the house and put together...

EUCstand.jpg

I think I can shave it down to all the essential supports, but what if I need the crate for something else like stowing my gear or something.

Lov it and when the sand and dirt drys of the tire ,collects in the lower capture containment area 🤓

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Been looking at possibly using this adjustable guitar stand for my 16X...

https://www.amazon.com/Foldable-Aluminum-AGS8-Adjustable-Protection/dp/B01MS6176O/ref=sr_1_18?keywords=Guitar%2Bstand&qid=1585353983&sr=8-18&th=1

Just wondering if the tubular steel will support 50 lbs... Anyone have success with this? 

I have a similar one that works well for my V8 but the 16X much wider and almost twice as heavy.

John

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/27/2020 at 10:17 PM, Johnw said:

https://www.amazon.com/Foldable-Aluminum-AGS8-Adjustable-Protection/dp/B01MS6176O/ref=sr_1_18?keywords=Guitar%2Bstand&qid=1585353983&sr=8-18&th=1

Just wondering if the tubular steel will support 50 lbs... Anyone have success with this? 

I have a similar one that works well for my V8 but the 16X much wider and almost twice as heavy.

John

hey did this work for you got any pics?

On 3/27/2020 at 11:17 PM, Johnw said:

John

7 hours ago, Brandin J. Mercer said:

hey did this work for you got any pics?

I can tell you guys that I had that exact stand and it wouldn’t even hold up my OW Pint, no way it holds or even fits a KS16X.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2019 at 1:04 AM, redfoxdude said:

I don't have a KS16X to test it on, but I just uploaded a wider version of the base piece of my stand model that should hopefully fit!

Hello Folks, 

I can highly recommend the mentioned "EUC Stand by vjapolitzer" as perfect for our KS-16X (a very nice one for KS-16S available as well) 

Side:   EUC_Stand_Side_VJP.stl 

Base: EUC_STAND_BASE_20CM3_VJP.stl 

Base (wider), as alternative for using with some body amorEUC_Stand_Base_21CM2_VJP.stl

Cheers, Borg

Edited by Borg666
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/10/2019 at 7:58 AM, Genghis said:

For normal days I've been using the bottom package foam from the delivery box.

I was doing this until the foam eventually softened enough that the EUC was no longer supported properly. So I bought some electrical conduit & joints, cut them to size & glued them with Araldite. I more or less took @Gaz Bon’s idea but didn’t have a crate available. (I have no idea why one of these photos is uploading sideways when it’s the right way up in my phone.)

CCB25715-422F-4F28-A0D9-D98DD1085989.jpeg.47d8649a8bb9ce287869bb6bbede090c.jpeg

768E1C29-F251-48EC-9AE9-78BE673477C7.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 9/9/2019 at 4:25 PM, prasket said:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2860951 

If so I have pinged the creator about seeing if they could make the larger model 15mm or so larger, or if they would be OK with sending me the files to do it  :) 

I havent heard back yet but after 2 weeks of daily use its holding it up well. 

I was curious as to how this stand has held up for your 16X? It's still on thingiverse and was thinking about printing it for my 16X. Thanks for the feedback!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2020 at 3:49 PM, BigSkyGlide said:

I was curious as to how this stand has held up for your 16X? It's still on thingiverse and was thinking about printing it for my 16X. Thanks for the feedback!

They have stood up pretty dang well. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have a better picture right now, but i use 2 wooden planks 15cmx20cm held together with that long screw bar (don't know tha name in english, or even in my own language), and nuts to hold it in place.

If you want, i can take better pictures when i get home.

It's actually inexpensive, slim, and very sturdy

20201117_140820.jpg