Terrible accident on Ninebot Z10

Igor Rz

13 minutes ago, Seba said:

All this interesting discussion has led me to consider adding the possibility of adding data from phone accelerometer and gyroscope to WheelLog log files. In this way the wheel parameters would be complemented with the information about forces acting on the rider. Of course, a phone is not usually rigidly attached to the rider, but it could still be very valuable information in the analysis of such events.

This would have been greatly entertaining in the aftermath of my skid out on Saturday, when I could then measure just how hard I thumped into the ground :w00t2:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, seage said:

just no one told me it was going to try to kill me itself

:roflmao:  em, actually my posts are littered with harrowing tales of violent King Song tilt back.  You must have been reading other peoples post where they say it can't happen.  you know, the flat earth society, armchair expert crowd.;) How hard did you flap your arms? Try it again at 35kph, and report back.:D

Edited by Smoother
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, kasenutty said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I much prefer tiltback to tiltforth. 

:roflmao:

14 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Riding one of these things at speed is more akin to piloting an aircraft than any other device with a wheel. Whats my speed? How fast am I accelerating? What battery level am I at? What's the slope of this hill? How hot is the weather? How old is my wheel/battery pack? Whats my PSI? What temperature is my mainboard and motor wires? What firmware am I running? How windy is it? Is it raining? Am I restricted from riding here..

This is a good description, imho, of what should be known to a rider while riding.  I say" known" rather than "constantly thinking about" because some things, like battery % don't change that quickly, so, for example, If I have only been riding a few minutes and my wheel started at 90% charge, I don't have to think about the battery for now.  After riding for half an hour though, it needs to be considered, even if to be disregarded again for a while. I think at some point in our riding life, ALL these considerations are automatically assimilated into ones riding behavior and it just isn't the mental work out it appears to be when written out long hand.  But it is an excellent description of what one should be considering while riding, plus all the other stuff about obstacles, traffic, pedestrians, dogs, children, the police if applicable) etc, etc, etc.  Wow! it sounds mentally exhausting. Thank God We know it isn't.

1 hour ago, uekarashi said:

This would have been greatly entertaining in the aftermath of my skid out on Saturday, when I could then measure just how hard I thumped into the ground :w00t2:

:roflmao: Oh sorry. I shouldn't be laughing but you sound like you're ok.  How hard one "Thumps" into the ground, now that WOULD be interesting.

Edited by Smoother

4 hours ago, Chriull said:

In reality one "never" drives with an EUC with a fixed torque at a constant speed. If one would have the exact data with a good timely resolution the points in a diagram would look like a "cloud" - by the self balancing the wheel is always in some "torque range" and "speed range" changing a couple of 100 times per second. 

So if one nears the limit, this "cloud" starts to touch the limit with some of its periphery. At this "outliers" the motor cannot deliver the full torque, but as these are just some "seldom" points and the majority of points in the cloud are well within the limit where enough torque is available, everything is still "ok" but not as perfect selfbalancing as if the whole cloud would be within the limit. This is imo felt as the "pedals getting weaker" - or one gets a bit a bad gut feeling of "missing support".

The nearer one comes with the "center of the cloud" to the limit, the worse the self balancing of the wheel gets.

Delighted to receive such a constructive criticism and in depth analysis of general overleans and log analysis. Thank you very much, was very educational and eyeopening, always willing to learn.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Smoother said:

:roflmao: Oh sorry. I shouldn't be laughing but you sound like you're ok.  How hard one "Thumps" into the ground, now that WOULD be interesting.

I'm absolutely fine :thumbup: the right knee that went down was completely uninjured thanks to d3o knee guard inserts in my riding jeans - a couple of scrapes on my left palm which wouldn't have happened if I hadn't left my riding gloves airing and forgot them :whistling: 

• Upvote 1

Guest PogArt Artur
14 minutes ago, uekarashi said:

I'm absolutely fine :thumbup: the right knee that went down was completely uninjured thanks to d3o knee guard inserts in my riding jeans - a couple of scrapes on my left palm which wouldn't have happened if I hadn't left my riding gloves airing and forgot them :whistling: 

I'm happy you're ok :)

1 minute ago, Igor Rz said:

Interesting discussion started, I did not think that my video would be popular ;)

Oh yeah, there's nothing we like better than a good debate about accidents or incidents. Then there's safety gear, helmets, riding stance, which manufacturer is safer.........................................

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Oh yeah, there's nothing we like better than a good debate about accidents or incidents. Then there's safety gear, helmets, riding stance, which manufacturer is safer.........................................

And the replays forwards and backwards and slow motion... So much more that it would make American Superbowl football match look like it is played 5x normal speed 😁

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, erk1024 said:

My wife overloads the washing machine all the time. Maybe if it caused a face-plant, she'd stop doing it.)

My wife would dump my EUCs into a washing machine if given the opportunity. :cry2:

• Like 3