A wheel so big you can sit on it when you're tired of standing

KevinvdV

How cool would that be? While standing up you will have the most bad ass monowheel ever with flames behind you. Then after 100km you can finish the next 100km sitting, because a wheel this big has to have a range of 500km, right?

I don't think this will produced any time soon 😅 What are your impossible ideas with monowheels? 

1 hour ago, Adam. said:

This already exists lol. Gotway Monster and Msuper and KS 18S all have seat accessories. Probably some others I'm forgetting

@YoshiSkySun is the master at ACM riding while seated

Yoshi Seated

13 hours ago, Steven D Wheeler said:

Here I am on my Monster sitting down.

Yeah buddy!

img_4079.jpg

Nice monster and the Dodge Viper in the Garage!!! 😍😍

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 10:06 AM, Marty Backe said:

@YoshiSkySun is the master at ACM riding while seated

Yoshi Seated

I won't disagree, but you have to admit that @YoshiSkySun is "ACM sized" (no offence intended Yoshi). Can you imagine a Fat Unicyclist riding seated on an ACM?

1 hour ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

I won't disagree, but you have to admit that @YoshiSkySun is "ACM sized" (no offence intended Yoshi). Can you imagine a Fat Unicyclist riding seated on an ACM?

can imagine it, but it's not a pretty sight :P

While I do not ride seated and have no interest in a seated EUC, informal testing with WheelLog shows that riding seated dramatically increases your range, so much so that I wonder if all EUCs should simply all come with a seat for those long rides.

On 1/5/2019 at 11:23 AM, KevinvdV said:

How cool would that be? While standing up you will have the most bad ass monowheel ever with flames behind you. 

Would this be more to your liking?

19 hours ago, LanghamP said:

Would this be more to your liking?

Dude - that is awesome!

It's just a shame to see the people videoing were able to catch up to him at a gentle stroll...   :thumbup:

On 1/5/2019 at 9:23 AM, KevinvdV said:

How cool would that be? While standing up you will have the most bad ass monowheel ever with flames behind you. Then after 100km you can finish the next 100km sitting, because a wheel this big has to have a range of 500km, right?

I don't think this will produced any time soon 😅 What are your impossible ideas with monowheels? 

Imposible ideas? Well I have a bunch but let's just say they may be possible but in a few decades.

• New power cells that don't have airplane restrictions but also come at a 3000% capacity improvement. Think Ion batteries from scifi.
  • Hot swap batteries. Wouldn't it be nice to have a modular battery pack between all models of the same size/manufacturer that allowed you to change and swap batteries on the fly? You can just buy several battery packs and even buy wheels without the battery pack if you already have some.
  • How about modular foot plates? Various sizes, grip types, angles, padding. All the same size fitting across all wheels so that you can swap them easily.
  • I'd LOVE the idea for a running sound effect that can be customizable. My personal favorite, the Jetson's car sound while moving about the city.
  • A digital tire pressure indicator. Either in machine or app exported.
  • Lastly, and this is esthetic AF, LED animations with some wheels. 

These are my ideas that I would love to see. Some can be worked on now. Others may take a lot of time. The most important one I'd love to see is the hot swap battery pack idea. If Gotway rolled out all their new wheels with a hard wired, slotable battery, that used 2 screws to prevent it from sliding back out, and these battery packs were the same size and shape across all of their wheels. They would dominate all competition. You can just buy 2 or 3 batteries of the largest capacity, and get wheels without the batteries. When you run low, swap it out. If you want to use another wheel, just attach your battery. 
Obviously some larger wheels, such as the monster, could have more than one battery slot which can extend the range, and are delivered with an empty, removable cover plate in case you only want to use one battery pack to ride instead of 4.
MAKE THIS A FEATURE GOTWAY!!

Archived