Only for the brave. Russian Hack for the Mini Pro

Shit... must wait for an app to flash the firmware...:facepalm: no way for me to do these mods by myself ...:crying:

Edited by zugu
  • Upvote 1

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 12:38 AM, MRN76 said:

Motherboard is expensive. I purchased several processors, and upload modified firmware to them. I put on ebay

Still very interested in the flash version of the firmware. Without any knowledge on how to solder a processor to a motherboard is very likely that I will mess everything up in my mini-pro.

Please tell us more about the expected release date of the flash version of the firmware. Thank you

15 hours ago, longinus88 said:

Still very interested in the flash version of the firmware. Without any knowledge on how to solder a processor to a motherboard is very likely that I will mess everything up in my mini-pro.

Please tell us more about the expected release date of the flash version of the firmware. Thank you

Unknown. So far, for those who really want, they can buy a controller, or a processor with preinstalled firmware.

Or send your controller for flashing

Edited by MRN76

On 10/14/2018 at 6:38 PM, MRN76 said:

Motherboard is expensive. I purchased several processors, and upload modified firmware to them. I put on ebay

Of course it's expensive! But replacing the motherboard is not the same that replacing the processor. It's much more easy for the regular user.

On 10/15/2018 at 12:02 AM, zugu said:

Shit... must wait for an app to flash the firmware...:facepalm: no way for me to do these mods by myself ...:crying:

Well. For replacing the motherboard all you need is to unscrew several bolts. It's is not hard, especially, when you have a video of full disassembling, really. 

Replacing the processor - is much more difficult, but much cheaper :) 

Edited by Ninebot.run

@Ninebot.run

Sorry.... no chance  I can approach  to unscrew and open my minis by myself ....

Last time I tried to open a device, it ends in several screws in excess :facepalm::lol: and the rush to an official assistance to reassemble the item....:P

If I was able to open and replace the motherboard, at this point I was able to ship it to make replace the processor other than buy another motherboard and mount then it back....;)

no chance...... MUST WAIT for and Android Flashing App..... together with a Firmware files Repository where download Official and Custom Firmwares ! :dribble:

Waiting for first reports. I have not decided yet which devices to risk so i have not ordered the chip(s) yet.  Looks like the weather will limit riding this weekend so i'll likely decide then and order chips. Maybe those that ordered motherboards will have first reports by then.

I appreciate the work of people in the community who have worked on this project, and understand their concerns about piracy but personally feel they are unfounded.  Limit the app to a single IMEI number or Ninebot Battery serial number per license if this is the problem.

To be honest, the motherboard at $200 USD + Shipping is too expensive for me in my currency, and soldering the CPU is not something I am capable of (nor anyone I know), its also much more hazardous and I would be afraid of damaging the motherboard in the process.

I would love to unlock the speed potential of the MiniPro but I believe the only way for me is a software option like in use for the EUCs.  The best would be an App for Andriod phones that can update over Bluetooth.  I would happily pay $100USD for this. Alternatively a program for windows I can use j-tag flash to update (this would need to be cheaper - $50USD approx).

I hope this is something the developers will consider.

Thank you,

Alex.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Alex_from_NZ said:

the motherboard at $200 USD

yes, it's costly, i agree, but i understand why, i remember what's happen for M365 custom firmware...i wish too they find another way, cheaper and gratefull for their work because it's really a great solution for us.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jojo33 said:

yes, it's costly, i agree, but i understand why, i remember what's happen for M365 custom firmware...i wish too they find another way, cheaper and gratefull for their work because it's really a great solution for us.

I am grateful also mate, just wish it was a solution that worked for me, and that the best solution was not stopped by a piracy concern.

• Upvote 1

On 10/17/2018 at 4:23 PM, zugu said:

@Ninebot.run.......

.no chance...... MUST WAIT for and Android Flashing App..... together with a Firmware files Repository where download Official and Custom Firmwares ! :dribble:

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Alex_from_NZ said:

I am grateful also mate, just wish it was a solution that worked for me, and that the best solution was not stopped by a piracy concern.

me too i  would be unable to solder the motherboard...

As for the M365, they worked hard, and there are people who copied and resold the solution

There are two solutions to this problem
- either you sell the custom firmware with a maximum of precaution

or
- either you offer it to the whole community, free

Unfortunately, even if you are kind, generous, offering a solution, there is no feedback or support from the user community

I remember, for the downgrade solutions, two years ago, a lot of people registered here, on the forum, called for help, got help, and never said "thank you" and have never returned to participate in the life of the forum
there have been many

4 minutes ago, zugu said:

Flashing

a flashing solution will be the best

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, jojo33 said:

me too i  would be unable to solder the motherboard...

As for the M365, they worked hard, and there are people who copied and resold the solution

The same people can do the same thing right now by buying the motherboard or CPU and downloading the firmware using a j-tag type device.  You cannot protect against everything, and the same level of protection for the developers could also be given by using a S/N licence system.  I feel perhaps the problem is not the privacy but the ability to update via Bluetooth to custom firmware instead? 

In any case, they could sell many more software licenses than CPU's or motherboards while giving the community an easy solution that works for many more people, with considerably less physical work and cost for the developers themselves (no posting anything, flashing anything, packaging etc)

11 minutes ago, jojo33 said:

There are two solutions to this problem
- either you sell the custom firmware with a maximum of precaution

or
- either you offer it to the whole community, free

Unfortunately, even if you are kind, generous, offering a solution, there is no feedback or support from the user community

I remember, for the downgrade solutions, two years ago, a lot of people registered here, on the forum, called for help, got help, and never said "thank you" and have never returned to participate in the life of the forum
there have been many

a flashing solution will be the best

Problem with humans the world over.. :) I promise to stay and say thank you, many many times.  But more-so, i am happy to pay $100 USD :D