Only for the brave. Russian Hack for the Mini Pro

@AceMartian

you are a bit out of mind....:blink1: you attribe rights where there aren't....:confused1:

so... someone  must pay Samsung if a hadset BT goes to connect to their smartphone ???:lol:?

Or pay Samsung if use Odyne to Flash a custom firmware ???? :o

Noooooo,;) Simply.... this kind of users or public actions let us Loose any kind of warranty ... :) either... official services could refuse to repair an altered device ;) ( you must flash back an official firmware before to send a device for repair ;))

These are ALL the things they can do ! :laughbounce2:

my 2 cents:cheers:

Edited by zugu

Well, the worst thing that Ninebot/Segway has done is to not provide us with enough information to understand how their products can be ridden safely! Consequently we have to put up with crippled performance which actually makes the device less safe, or spend a lot of time trying to figure out exactly what they have done to our machines, and how to mitigate the crippling. Why, exactly, do the bigger tires actually allow the MiniPRO to take a greater load (mass x speed)? Which speed limiting algorithms are programmed into the firmware and which are based solely on hardware limitations? IMO that is the worst thing they can do, and they have done this from day 2 (On day 1 the design blog was published at http://bbs.ninebot.cn/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=4100  which has indeed been a huge help to me).

For example: I have a new machine which hasn't done its 50Km yet, and even though it is a fourth unit for me it is crippled in ways I have yet to fully uncover - until I run 50Km on that crippled machine. There is just no excuse for this.

2 minutes ago, zugu said:

Well.... Swallowbot is the solution ;) it could mitigate our pains and sufferings....:thumbup:

We don't really know that for sure. There are a lot of different things which initiate push-back, and maybe Alexander has only found the speed-related triggers at this point. Slope and pothole-capability might well have a different trigger mechanism :)

• Like 1

AFAIK seems he removed several ;) not only those related to the max speed...:thumbup: regarding that, must be able to keep max speed till 20% of battery charge remain ...;)

6 minutes ago, trevmar said:

We don't really know that for sure. There are a lot of different things which initiate push-back, and maybe Alexander has only found the speed-related triggers at this point. Slope and pothole-capability might well have a different trigger mechanism :)

He does discuss the penalty points that are added to the formula based on the rider's operation of the device. So they know a little more.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FreeRide said:

He does discuss the penalty points that are added to the formula based on the rider's operation of the device. So they know a little more.

:thumbup:

Think at that.... mini at moderate speed on a flat and stright road starts to beeping and  tiltback if there is a strong wind.....:o yeah there is either  the wind check....:facepalm:

Edited by zugu

5 minutes ago, zugu said:

AFAIK seems he removed several ;) not only those related to the max speed...:thumbup: regarding that, must be able to keep max speed till 20% of battery charge remain ...;)

You are absolutely correct. I had forgotten Alexander saying that. Thanks :)

• Like 1

@zugu 

Limited License

Segway.com contains copyrighted material, trademarks and other proprietary information, including, but not limited to, text, software, photos, video, graphics, music and sound, and the entire contents of Segway.com are copyrighted as a collective work under the United States copyright laws. Segway Inc. owns a copyright in the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of such content, as well as in the content original to it. You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works, or in any way exploit, any of the content, in whole or in part. You may download copyrighted material for your personal, non-commercial use only. Except as otherwise expressly permitted under copyright law, no copying, redistribution, retransmission, publication or commercial exploitation of downloaded material will be permitted without the express permission of Segway Inc. and/or the copyright owner. In the event of any permitted copying, redistribution or publication of copyrighted material, no changes in or deletion of author attribution, trademark legend or copyright notice shall be made. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading copyrighted material. You agree to abide by all additional restrictions displayed on the Segway Web site as it may be updated from time to time.

Except as expressly provided herein, Segway Inc. does not grant any express or implied right or license to you under any patents, design patents, trademarks, copyrights, or trade secret information.

? Not my thoughts, Segway implemented their rights?

12 minutes ago, AceMartian said:

@zugu 

Limited License

Segway.com contains copyrighted material, trademarks and other proprietary information, including, but not limited to, text, software, photos, video, graphics, music and sound, and the entire contents of Segway.com are copyrighted as a collective work under the United States copyright laws. Segway Inc. owns a copyright in the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of such content, as well as in the content original to it. You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works, or in any way exploit, any of the content, in whole or in part. You may download copyrighted material for your personal, non-commercial use only. Except as otherwise expressly permitted under copyright law, no copying, redistribution, retransmission, publication or commercial exploitation of downloaded material will be permitted without the express permission of Segway Inc. and/or the copyright owner. In the event of any permitted copying, redistribution or publication of copyrighted material, no changes in or deletion of author attribution, trademark legend or copyright notice shall be made. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading copyrighted material. You agree to abide by all additional restrictions displayed on the Segway Web site as it may be updated from time to time.

Except as expressly provided herein, Segway Inc. does not grant any express or implied right or license to you under any patents, design patents, trademarks, copyrights, or trade secret information.

? Not my thoughts, Segway implemented their rights?

They can say whatever they like, doesn't make it law or binding. 

Just now, AceMartian said:

It does under United States of America copyrights laws.

It doesn't mean people won't do what they want anyhow like me or you ?

American laws dont mean anything, and actually you are wrong anyway.  You cannot put anything you want in a terms and conditions and then hold people to it, certain things cannot be contracted away.  Trust me, my wife is a contract lawyer dealing with Digital and Privacy law.  This stuff is her bread and butter.

1 hour ago, Alex_from_NZ said:

You cannot put anything you want in a terms and conditions and then hold people to it, certain things cannot be contracted away.  Trust me, my wife is a contract lawyer dealing with Digital and Privacy law.  This stuff is her bread and butter.

Indeed. I bought a Segway MiniPRO device from Amazon on the understanding it would always continue to operate, ("Fitness for purpose"). If I had signed a rental or lease agreement then it would not be my property, but it was a purchase of goods, not services. So that immediately limits many of the Draconian provisions in the "Limited License." US law also frequently recognizes the ability to reverse engineer software or firmware, provided only public domain knowledge is used. There is a complex intersection between patent and copyright law in that ability (look up "clean room" "reverse engineering"). One of my friends was a lead designer at Phoenix in Hawaii when they produced the first 'clone' of the IBM PC BIOS :) I was 'working on' CP/M and CDOS at the time, the cloned BIOS spawned an entire PC manufacturing industry...

Edited by trevmar
  • Like 1

@AceMartian:facepalm:

You extend the stated rights overalls. .. either where they aren't pertinent. ..

But this is a your interpretation :P

I from the other side, think as @trevmar said; that once I bought an Item and not a Service, the item is MINE !!!

I can enjoy it, use it or destroy it... is a matter of mine...;)

Obviously, as written before, cannot claim any kind of support or warranty for item altered and modified. . !!!! But who take this ways knows well this and this too is under his choice!!!B)

Well .... ALL my Cars are mapped and optimized by my official preparer B) :lol::roflmao:

Edited by zugu
  • Like 2

Hardware is yours to do whatever you want, not the rights to the software they keep them rights. It's like saying I bought a PS4 game now I can do with it what I want. You can't they still own rights to the software. You own the Disc, not the rights to the software. 

You buy a movie, you own the movie not the rights to it.

Anyhow all I was saying is Segway isn't going to allow another company access there firmware through BT and if someone does without Segway oking it they will just put out another firmware update to block it. 

Everybody can believe what they want.

Edited by AceMartian
More information

Well, it is people like MRN76 that do the work necessary to help us use our hardware efficiently, and keep the marketing folk at SEGWAY honest :)

Thanks to Alexander and the whole 'development' team! :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AceMartian said:

Hardware is yours to do whatever you want, not the rights to the software they keep them rights. It's like saying I bought a PS4 game now I can do with it what I want. You can't they still own rights to the software. You own the Disc, not the rights to the software. 

You buy a movie, you own the movie not the rights to it.

Anyhow all I was saying is Segway isn't going to allow another company access there firmware through BT and if someone does without Segway oking it they will just put out another firmware update to block it. 

Everybody can believe what they want.

Again seems I'm misunderstood.... Nobody here is saying to use the Segway proprietary software to hack and connect to our hardware devices.....

BUT anyone is FREE to write a piece of ORIGINAL software in order to connect to our hardware devices and flash them with Custom Firmwares !!!!  :thumbup:

Ninebot could block their application and their server but out of there there are tons of apps to check miles and kph and batteries level.... no need for original app NOR absolutely accept to update any original Firmware......

I'm with 1.1.7 Firmware and everytime I connect the device with the official app will receive the message that is out a new Firmware..... is enough to ignore it !!! :sleep1::w00t2:

3 minutes ago, zugu said:

I'm with 1.1.7 Firmware and everytime I connect the device with the official app will receive the message that is out a new Firmware..... is enough to ignore it !!!

I get around that by setting my Android firewall (AFwall) app to block Segway app's access to the Internet. It works fine, a brief popup at the start telling me there are connectivity problems, which I can ignore. With update notifications I am always scared one day I will hit the wrong key :)

• Like 1

Aha hah. ...:D you're right there could be the risk to press the wrong key... :lol:

Anyway, I login every day to collect levels, medals and NCoins:whistling: I'M a level 7 LV7 e Rider N7 with 7422 NCoins at now...?..  

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 10:42 AM, Ninebot.run said:

Hi, Ninebot.run here!

If you have any questions, we are ready to answer!

would it be possible to have a quote for the remote version of the Swallowbot firmware?

on your website it is sold for 2500RUB, the price will be the same?

could you please give me more details on the off-road tires version 2? Will I get a higher top speed with this tires without modifying the original fenders? Do these tires grant a more confortable ride than the stock ones?

Thank you.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, longinus88 said:

on your website it is sold for 2500RUB, the price will be the same?

Sorry, but I can't tell you now. Because just don't know. As far as I know, the price will be about 40-50 USD

45 minutes ago, longinus88 said:

could you please give me more details on the off-road tires version 2? Will I get a higher top speed with this tires without modifying the original fenders? Do these tires grant a more confortable ride than the stock ones?

These tire have almost the same size as original, so the speed will be the same. About modifying original fenders - no, you don't need to do this. By the way, now we are selling custom fenders for Innova tires. But still didn't upload correct photos to the website :(

About riding experiense - my №1-super-top ( :) ) tires are these ones: https://www.ninebot.run/catalog/pokryshki/pokryshki_dlya_sigveya/pokryshka_innova_vsesezonnaya/ 

I also tried off-road 2. They are much more comfotable while riding not on asphalt, and have the same comfort level on the asphalt.

Two photos from our friends, so you can imagine how they are look like.

Always yours, Kirill Fedorov

photo_2018-10-09_14-18-38.jpg

photo_2018-10-09_14-17-39.jpg

P.S. Sorry for the image size...

Edited by Ninebot.run
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ninebot.run said:

I also tried off-road 2. They are much more comfortable while riding not on asphalt, and have the same comfort level on the asphalt.

I use the No 2 tires, mine are branded "Fuiben." Note that these tires are directional in soft dirt, as the outer tread forms a "V" shape which should have its apex in the direction you are travelling. The photos above show this tread. The Innova version of these tires is non-directional, as the outer tread does not form a V. On asphalt it makes no difference, as only the central area of the tire contacts the road. They have an excellent grip, and are softer than the OEM tires,, soft enough to handle small obstacles well. I use them at 15-25psi. Unlike my knobbly Innovas they run very smoothly and quietly, as Kirill says :) I rode up within 6ft of a rabbit the other day..

Yes, I know this is a bit off-topic, but nothing is happening on the "Russian Hack" as far as I can see. No details on what is supposed to do have been posted, just the videos... We need some reviews, please... (I am especially interested in hill-climbing ability)

Edited by trevmar
  • Like 1