Only for the brave. Russian Hack for the Mini Pro

7 hours ago, AceMartian said:

I'm about to order a motherboard with the firmware already installed.?

Great ! Where ?? How much ??

Well, almost 8 months ago, I were ready to ship my units to @MRN76 asking him to upgrade, but he said me to wait for the Alexey release In order to be able to do All by myself...

The problem IS.... I'm still waiting for the

Alexey app and firmware to be bought somewhere....:rolleyes: :crying:

Edited by zugu
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, zugu said:

Great ! Where ?? How much ??

Well, almost 8 months ago, I were ready to ship my units to @MRN76 asking him to upgrade, but he said me to wait for the Alexey release In order to be able to do All by myself...

The problem IS.... I'm still waiting for the

Alexey app and firmware to be bought somewhere....:rolleyes: :crying:

I sent an email to info@ninebot.run . They said that they could send me a motherboard with the ShallowBot firmware installed.  Right now that's the only way their doing it as far as I know.    Tell'em AceMartian sent you.

Edited by AceMartian
More information
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I have written to ninebot.run :)

Alexander is missing an opportunity to make a lot of money with Swallowbot...

(ps: I know "a lot of money" is very little by comparison with all the work he has put into MiniPRO firmware)

Edited by trevmar

4 hours ago, Ninebot.run said:

If you have any questions, we are ready to answer!

hi

other than buy another motherboard that mean anyway to open the mini pro to replace the board....:unsure:

1) Is there a way or an Android app to Flash the SwallowBot firmware in our owned native motherboards ??? (this way we also will able to Flash and test every firmware we wish to try, back and forth ! B):w00t2:)

2) Is it possible  to have a SwallowBot firmware release, under my own responsability, with a 30kph max speed or at last real 25kph without change original tires???:whistling:

Edited by zugu
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, zugu said:

hi

other than buy another motherboard that mean anyway to open the mini pro to replace the board....:unsure:

1) Is there a way or an Android app to Flash the SwallowBot firmware in our owned native motherboards ??? (this way we also will able to lash and test every firmware we wish to try, back an forth ! B):w00t2:)

2) Is it possible  to have a SwallowBot firmware release, under my own responsability, with a 30kph max speed or at last real 25kph without change original tires???:whistling:

Hey ho!

1. Of course this fuction will be released. But i can't tell even approximate time, when it will be ready. 

2. I'll ask Alexey if this is possible. But, as far as I know, this is technically not safe for your mini PRO and, especially, you. The Segway can simply turn off on  30 km/h.

And why don't you want to change tires to a larger ones? They are much more comfortable and useful. We can offer you different tires. Check our website and ask me for the price. It will be cheaper than buying on more4mini.com ;) 

6 hours ago, Ninebot.run said:

Hi, Ninebot.run here!

We've seen 2 e-mail's from you, guys, just today:( Unfortunately, they were marked as spam and placed in appropriate folder, that's why we were not be able to answer fast.

If you have any questions, we are ready to answer!

As i said in letter - motherboard will be send to you today. Hope you will enjoy SwallowBot firmware!

Thanks again Ninebot.run .  I am so excited can't wait for it to get here.?

7 hours ago, Ninebot.run said:

Hey ho!

1. Of course this fuction will be released. But i can't tell even approximate time, when it will be ready. 

2. I'll ask Alexey if this is possible. But, as far as I know, this is technically not safe for your mini PRO and, especially, you. The Segway can simply turn off on  30 km/h.

And why don't you want to change tires to a larger ones? They are much more comfortable and useful. We can offer you different tires. Check our website and ask me for the price. It will be cheaper than buying on more4mini.com ;) 

ok thanks...

so...

1)  I must wait for the app flashing method... due at know really don't intend to open my 2 minipro in order to change their motherboards... 1st I'm not able, 2nd just in case must find someone that will do it for me.... so buying a new motherboard with upgraded firmware will be of not use for me if I didn't find someone who made the work for me....:unsure:

2) I imaginate that 30kph could be dangerous for a 800x2 watt 320wh machine.... so real 25kph instaed of actual 23kph could be enough... ;)

And no....Don't wish to change tires due I didn't like the shape of bigger tires... plus in the most part of the cases must be replaced or modded either the fenders..... and I don't like it...

I just have the Elite+ with bigger tires....:laughbounce2:

15 hours ago, Ninebot.run said:

Hey ho!

I will be buying this as soon as its available.  I really dont want to replace the motherboard, plus $200 USD is nearly $350 in my currency which over 1/3 what i paid for the Mini Pro itself.  So a bit price prohibitive for me at the moment.

4 hours ago, Alex_from_NZ said:

I will be buying this as soon as its available.  I really dont want to replace the motherboard, plus $200 USD is nearly $350 in my currency which over 1/3 what i paid for the Mini Pro itself.  So a bit price prohibitive for me at the moment.

I'll try to keep you informed about release of the app! But, again, I dont know when it happens even approximately. May be in this year, may be next year.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ninebot.run said:

I'll try to keep you informed about release of the app! But, again, I dont know when it happens even approximately. May be in this year, may be next year.

My concerns are not about money.....;)

I really am not able to replace the motherboard nor want to open my devices.... 

Flashing them by a dedicated app will mean to avoid to open them for motherboard replacement or J-Tag soldering....being able at the same time to flash back and forth every firmware the user will chooseB):thumbup:

I think it's against the law to make it flash from app other than the segway app they own the rights to there software, Segway isn't going to allow  another app access to its software. But to modify hardware that you own is OK. I think you will have to j-tag or buy motherboard with the ShallowBot firmware installed. Just my thoughts.

Thanks again Ninebot.run  AceMartian

Out of the lines....

The Swallowbot app will be an original software and it will be used to upgrade a modified custom firmware !

This has nothing in common with the rights and the law...

They will not use the Segway app or will modify it... will be an original piece of software that will be a client to connect to the miniPro... This not violate any copyright !!! 

You with your smartphone can connect via BT to every device you need without violate any policy of the smartphone producer ;)

Edited by zugu
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, zugu said:

Out of the lines....

The Swallowbot app will be an original software and it will be used to upgrade a modified custom firmware !

This has nothing in common with the rights and the law...

They will not use the Segway app or will modify it... will be an original piece of software that will be a client to connect to the miniPro... This not violate any copyright !!! 

You with your smartphone can connect via BT to every device you need without violate any policy of the smartphone producer ;)

Yes you can connect but not communicate, they are not going to allow custom firmware to be downloaded though an app that's not endorsed by Ninebot or Segway. That's like saying I bought this song online so the rights are mine to sell it.  It's copyrighted. Someone will have to pay Segway or Ninebot to do it wireless. Just don't hold your breath for it. It's been almost a year. It could take ten years to crack an encrypted code. Heck even when you buy a computer program it says that they own the rights to this software and basically if you mess with it you are breaking the law. 

Just more of my thoughts.                           AceMartian

P.S. I think Segway and Ninebot should embrace the aftermarket not shun it.

Edited by AceMartian
More information