Stores in Los Angeles, CA

Joana Reis

I'm not aware of any stores in the entire United State, let alone California :(

1 hour ago, Joana Reis said:

Hi guys, going to LA next week, was wondering about stores in LA where I could try, buy an unicycle?

Thanks

Maybe @Marty Backe could demo some of his wheels for you, or arrange a meet with other fellow riders.  If you've never ridden before it can be a tremendous help to have an experienced rider offer a hand and get some advice to see if it's right for you.  It would also give him an opportunity to video the experience and share what it's like to get a newbie riding on a wheel.  :popcorn:  Maybe he can get @Kimosabi to help share her learning experiences with you.

Content, Marty!  Why am I the only one seeing these opportunities???  :whistling:

42 minutes ago, esaj said:

These are the ones listed in California, but there might be others we don't know about:

My Fun Wheel, Brentwood CA: www.myfunwheel.com  https://squareup.com/store/myfunwheel  IPS, Airwheel, Gotway, Ninebot

Tec Toyz, Santa Clara, CA: http://tec-toyz.com/  Gotway

EDIT: My Fun Wheel doesn't seem to exist anymore

He was asking about stores, where you could go and try a wheel and maybe buy one. There are no stores in California.

Tec-toyz is in the San Francisco area, hundreds of miles away from LA.

3 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Maybe @Marty Backe could demo some of his wheels for you, or arrange a meet with other fellow riders.  If you've never ridden before it can be a tremendous help to have an experienced rider offer a hand and get some advice to see if it's right for you.  It would also give him an opportunity to video the experience and share what it's like to get a newbie riding on a wheel.  :popcorn:  Maybe he can get @Kimosabi to help share her learning experiences with you.

Content, Marty!  Why am I the only one seeing these opportunities???  :whistling:

My time is in short supply, and I get more queries as time goes buy. This is a hobby and not a business for me. So unfortunately I can't be of much help here.

IMG_4289.gif

Thinking about it more, I understand.  It would be a little difficult to explain having young, attractive women come by to check out your EUC collection.  Strangers, ya never know if they are gonna shiv ya.  :ph34r:  I was thinking more along the lines of helping to bring more women into the hobby as it seems primarily a male dominated sport.  

Maybe if you have another group ride planned, a short pre-trip meet and intro might be an alternative.  That wouldn't take too much time out of your schedule.

12 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Thinking about it more, I understand.  It would be a little difficult to explain having young, attractive women come by to check out your EUC collection.  Strangers, ya never know if they are gonna shiv ya.  :ph34r:  I was thinking more along the lines of helping to bring more women into the hobby as it seems primarily a male dominated sport.  

Maybe if you have another group ride planned, a short pre-trip meet and intro might be an alternative.  That wouldn't take too much time out of your schedule.

Funny, I didn't even notice that @Joana Reis was a woman. You need to get your mind out of the gutter @Hunka Hunka Burning Love ;)

Also noticing that the OP is from Brazil, getting the wheel shipped there might become expensive... most likely they won't allow you to take it on a passenger plane at all, even in the cargo hold, safety regulations disallow transporting lithium batteries that large. I recall someone in the forums had to leave his (her?) wheel behind on an airport to be destroyed.

18 minutes ago, esaj said:

Also noticing that the OP is from Brazil, getting the wheel shipped there might become expensive... most likely they won't allow you to take it on a passenger plane at all, even in the cargo hold, safety regulations disallow transporting lithium batteries that large. I recall someone in the forums had to leave his (her?) wheel behind on an airport to be destroyed.

That was @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer"

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Funny, I didn't even notice that @Joana Reis was a woman. You need to get your mind out of the gutter @Hunka Hunka Burning Love ;)

:cry2:  You cut me deep, Marty.  You cut me real deep right now.  Although my reputation might precede me, there was no gutteral meanings implied.

I work so hard as your agent trying to set up prime opportunities, and this is the fine how-do-you-do I get.  Okay fine.  The next time some Brazilian swim team / volleyball / gymnast woman asks where they can get a wheel experience, I'm sending them straight to @steve454 instead!  I'm sure he knows a good Youtube content opportunity when it presents itself.

Except hold the phone, maybe Joana is like "Jonah" as in Hill:

IMG_4290.jpg

And not Prado:

IMG_4291.jpg

then all bets are off.  :whistling:

Hi guys thanks for all the answers....

I thought would be some stores in LA and it would be cheaper... 

To my surprise it seems we have at least two stores here in Sao Paulo...probably will try and buy around here...

About flying with one I guess I saw a post around here saying there is no problem, so I would only buy taxes here in Brazil...I will research about this anyway

Thanks for all the help

cheers

2 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:cry2:  You cut me deep, Marty.  You cut me real deep right now.  Although my reputation might precede me, there was no gutteral meanings implied.

I work so hard as your agent trying to set up prime opportunities, and this is the fine how-do-you-do I get.  Okay fine.  The next time some Brazilian swim team / volleyball / gymnast woman asks where they can get a wheel experience, I'm sending them straight to @steve454 instead!  I'm sure he knows a good Youtube content opportunity when it presents itself.

Except hold the phone, maybe Joana is like "Jonah" as in Hill:

And not Prado:

then all bets are off.  :whistling:

:laughbounce2::roflmao:

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/27/2018 at 1:19 PM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I thought I was past all my major falls but apparently not...? but what a fun ride it was. @Hunka Hunka Burning Love, the KS16S kicks ass! Goes up and down the San Francisco hills with ease. I love it. Glad Jason from eWheels recommended it over the 14s. 

1452D282-D046-464E-8587-702A652266B1.jpeg

Ow ow owie!  :cry2:  Kneepads!  Get some!  I was worried that since we kinda steered you to the larger 16 inch wheel that it might have been a little too big for you.  Glad to hear you're happy with it!  I just find the 16" seems to plow over bumps a bit easier than the 14" wheel, but sometimes the extra mass also helps.  Maybe check out the Safety and Protective Gear forums to get some ideas on gear to wear if you haven't already.

Hahahahaha....I know! I think protective gear is the way to go. ? A few bumps and bruises won’t stop the fun though. Really happy with the wheel. Bumps and hard winds are almost...almost non-existent. I don’t even want to go back to a 14. 

On 5/27/2018 at 12:37 PM, esaj said:

These are the ones listed in California, but there might be others we don't know about:

My Fun Wheel, Brentwood CA: www.myfunwheel.com  https://squareup.com/store/myfunwheel  IPS, Airwheel, Gotway, Ninebot

Tec Toyz, Santa Clara, CA: http://tec-toyz.com/  Gotway

EDIT: My Fun Wheel doesn't seem to exist anymore

What happened to myfunwheel.biz?

Archived