Jason McNeil

Inmotion V8, First 100km Impressions

41 posts in this topic

Jason, i can never see the pic links you are posting. Not sure why. Can everyone else see them?

2 hours ago, Cloud said:

Jason, i can never see the pic links you are posting. Not sure why. Can everyone else see them?

Check out this post:

2 hours ago, Cloud said:

I see them.

For me, no problems with these pics. May be because I am connected to a google account...?

5 hours ago, Cloud said:

choose another browser....

@Jason McNeil This is similar to the pneumatic pump up pad I was talking about. I order 2 to try out. The hand air pump is detectable from the pad which measures 15 cm x 15 cm (6" x 6 ") I figure the pad can be attached to my V5F+ with velcro or double face tape. I might experiment with the NB as well. 

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Rehab1

3 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

@Jason McNeil This is similar to the pneumatic pump up pad I was talking about. I order 2 to try out. The hand air pump is detectable from the pad which measures 15 cm x 15 cm (6" x 6 ") I figure the pad can be attached to my V5F+ with velcro or double face tape. I might experiment with the NB as well. 

Just be careful where you carry those as they might be also used for less innocent purposes ;) 

@HEC I am sure if you clarified 'less innocent purposes' you might end up in the 'obscene' section of this forum:wacko: @esaj Is there an EUC obscene section on the forum? LOL

40 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

@HEC I am sure if you clarified 'less innocent purposes' you might end up in the 'obscene' section of this forum:wacko: @esaj Is there an EUC obscene section on the forum? LOL

Well I'd not classify it as "obscene" exactly though in some countries / states carrying those around might get you in trouble (or at least under suspicion) similarly to carrying lock picks in tour pockets:

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by HEC

12 hours ago, Keith said:

suspect the mudguard on the V5F is more about not getting the handle covered in dirt

It's quite effective at keeping the dirt off the shell. I noticed that on the V8, the plastic extends outwards slightly, this may be the reason why it's no longer necessary. 

12 hours ago, Keith said:

What they mostly seem to have succeeded in doing is prohibiting throttle only power (I.e. you must peddle) which as far as I can see does nothing more than prevent those with physical disabilities cycling or tricycling.

All the way back in 2010, I used to own a GoCycle. By holding the power button for two seconds enabled the eBike into US mode: this increased the speed by a couple kph & allowed it to be ridden without having to pedal. The point of this anecdote, is that it was technically compliant with the EU regulations, but everyone knew how to bypass them.

@HEC Yes sure...that is the product! My mind was in the gutter;) Sorry!

For $9 I thought it might be interesting to see if it works to adjust the thickness of the leg regions. They appear to blow up in a symmetrical outward fashion as oppose to a misshapen blob that would serve no purpose. If not I have a new career to help pay for my next wheel.

20 hours ago, Cloud said:

Ok, I'll start using a proper image hosting service.

39 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Ok, I'll start using a proper image hosting service.

Jason, dont go by me. Seems like everyone else can see the pics. I can see them on my phone but not the ipad. Probably something wrong with my ipad settings

@HEC Great idea! Thanks!  I'm looking for adjustability in thickness but the pads I ordered might not be to comfortable so it might be prudent to use mouse/keyboard pads. I know what your thinking...to much padding..end result...

image.jpeg

That's good to hear.  I was wondering about that top edge whether it would possibly dig into the inner leg or not.  I thought it had a little inward curve near the top so maybe it wasn't a concern.  It's nice to see a factory padding option available rather than the old baby bumper padding and ghetto fixes out there with carpet underlay and foam/tape!  Such nice looking wheels shouldn't have ugly stuff stuck to them.

With the V5F+ add on trolley handle - I wonder if they could have integrated that into the shell design from the get go.  As it is, the existing plastic handle underneath is pretty redundant with the metal one clamped on top.  I wonder if eliminating the plastic handle altogether and just have an anterior reinforced metal hinge part in the shell.   The metal arm can then mount to that and close down to sit where the plastic handle is.  At the handle end, they could design some sort of latching mechanism so it's sturdy to carry.  Add in the motor cut off switch and maybe even brake lighting in the handle itself.

On 16/08/2016 at 1:15 PM, Jason McNeil said:

Handle design for the V8 & V5. The V5 handle was very good, why not dispense with the internal handle & use the V5s as a bolt-on?  
uc?export=view&id=0B-WCZQc2gfJjN1dpSFkxQ

Hey @Jason McNeil - that pivoty curved handle (the one on the right). Would it fit onto / work with an IPS191 Lhotz wheel? 

13 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Hey @Jason McNeil - that pivoty curved handle (the one on the right). Would it fit onto / work with an IPS191 Lhotz wheel? 

It's very specific fit, very much doubt it would be accidentally compatible with another Wheel's shell, unfortunately. 

On 8/15/2016 at 8:15 PM, Jason McNeil said:

but the marketing strength of the multi-colour LEDs could be the single greatest selling point to the future success of this Wheel.

Instead of just lights, I wish it could show English letters. That way companies can advertise their slogans...kind of like moving bill boards. Think about it. It's far cheaper to attract eyeballs with these moving messages.