KingSong Wheels Never Cause Faceplants - right?

Marty Backe

1 minute ago, mezzanine said:

There are a few posters here who have admitted that they enjoy riding EUC's because of the fear of faceplanting.  It goes to show you that we all bring very different attitudes to the hobby.  

I had one faceplant overlean and while it was terrible, it does spice up future rides with bone chilling fear. It sort of feels like hiding from the cops in a tree or something :D

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Boogieman said:

At that speed, will you really fall like that normally on a EUC?

When my (² whhels admittedly) ninebot get stuck in a hole and stops i just jump off and run a few steps and then back on. But maybe that is because it does not happen sudden or because it does not really cut out (it often still stands afterward... Just stuck upright). I mean going a bit offroad You are "ready" in a different way cause you know you will have to jump off eventually when going flat out (in silly 16km/h if lucky when offroad) over rabbit holes and whatnot ?

The speed was relatively slow but it is about a 30 degree grade so when the wheel blew the fuse,I was much closer to the ground than I would be in level movement so running off it was not possible and I have run-off plenty  of mostly GOTWAY cutouts on level grades.My technique for extreme grade cutouts is to plant my hands forward and twist over to my butt to avoid excessive impact and injury.As the video demonstrates,it seems to work quite well and I came out of it without a scratch. 

42 minutes ago, Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" said:

plant my hands forward and twist over to my butt to avoid excessive impact and injury

My new Mantra: Plant hands forward and twist my butt. This better work Jrkline. ?

3 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Whoa, @Rehab1, where you going with all this?  :whistling:  <Marty, high five!>

29lyce.jpg

LOL!! You got me Hunka! :roflmao:

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

My new Mantra: Plant hands forward and twist my butt. This better work Jrkline. ?

All I can say is.............. that I have not had to pay anyone $100 to count my one handed ACM assembly movements.? It should also be noted that to prevent any spontaneous "BrokeBacke Mountain Moments", my move is not recommended in close proximinity to either @Marty Backe or @Hunka Hunka Burning Love .

Just now, Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" said:

All I can say is.............. that I have not had to pay anyone $100 to count my one handed ACM assembly movements.? It should also be noted that to prevent any spontaneous "BrokeBacke Mountain Moments", my move is not recommended in close proximinity to either @Marty Backe or @Hunka Hunka Burning Love .

Busting a gut over here! 

56 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Whoa, @Rehab1, where you going with all this?  :whistling:  <Marty, high five!>

29lyce.jpg

I heard someone on CNN once say that any spontaneous "BrokeBacke Mountain Moments" can sometimes result in an undesirable side effect known as the "Hunka Hunka Burning Love" rash....................................................................................................................................I'm just sayin'?

Here's my take....

I find that pursuing videography while riding is a distraction.

Focusing more on looking where you're going without thinking about how the shot will look dynamically or what your camera is pointing at frees up the rider's consciousness for the watch where you're going - what's coming at you - what's going on perception (speed, cutoff?, bump and rut encounters, pedal position relative to collisions) .

3 hours ago, Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" said:

I heard someone on CNN once say that any spontaneous "BrokeBacke Mountain Moments" can sometimes result in an undesirable side effect known as the "Hunka Hunka Burning Love" rash....................................................................................................................................I'm just sayin'?

I'm pretty certain there's an ointment for that!  :efefd0f676:

On 4/15/2018 at 10:22 PM, Hatchet said:

I don't get the point here. Your example to "equalize" things is an obviously extreme hill that I wouldn't blame any wheel overheating on.

Seems kind of a desperate stretch.

well. my freind cut out at 25 kph 50% battery on his ks14s on flat smooth pavement and thats 2 weeks ago" he still cant function perfectly yet

he was driving carefully and it just cut out no reason. small acceleration. no beeps he is 100kg

now he doesnt want to drive euc anymore. he doesnt trust it anymore...

12 hours ago, Scott Henley said:

That's one way to put it....certainly a rush (of blood flowing from your face)

And all fluids from your bladder!

Archived