Gotway Msuper V3 "T" 1600Wh

Hi guys !!

I just wanted to talk about the new MS3T 84V 1600Wh which has the mechanics & motor of the Tesla, 1900W. It's the same generation as the ACM2 of @Marty Backe. It is not my EUC but my friends.

Let me just way....WOW this EUC is IMPRESSIVE !!! I have tested the MS3 67V 820Wh & the MS3s+ 84V 1600Wh, man it is a different wheel ! First thing, the MS3T is silent, much more than the Tesla itself, at standstill there is absolutely no noise, when you move at 30kph their is a slight noise but it's almost inaudible. It is a stealth EUC :D

Regarding it's handling, it's more stable than the original MS3, it has much more power, and it is more stable but also more reactive ! The power that comes through is linear and gives a feeling of endless power, unlike on the original MS3. The algorithm is not "tesla like" it's hard, maybe not as hard (due to the wheel diameter imo), for me it's perfect. The manoevrability is better than on the original MS3, not as good as on the Tesla, but still a very agile wheel, and the height of the pedals is good so they don't get scratched as often.

Regarding the speed, I reached 54kph (real speed), no beeping ! This EUC is insanely fast !! When I lift it up, it cuts off at 74kph (compared to the 59kph Tesla cut off) I think it's the fastest production EUC.

Overall I like it more than the Tesla and the ACMs+, If the weight was a little lower, I would say this is my favorite EUC, the most impressive part is the silence, even the older MCM2s was louder than this EUC..

Have you guys tried it yet ???

5k7FAq4.jpg

From left to right : DT Ultra, MS3T, GT16, ACMs+, Segway I2

Great report @Pingouin. @Charles McLean just got one and had some positive comments, but I don't think he had any experience with the previous models.

Your report is the first comparative review that I've seen, and it's very good :cheers:  You almost make me want to upgrade my MSuper. I also enjoy the added power and quietness of the ACM2 motor. 

5 hours ago, Pingouin said:

Hi guys !!

I just wanted to talk about the new MS3T 84V 1600Wh which has the mechanics & motor of the Tesla, 1900W. It's the same generation as the ACM2 of @Marty Backe. It is not my EUC but my friends.

Let me just way....WOW this EUC is IMPRESSIVE !!! I have tested the MS3 67V 820Wh & the MS3s+ 84V 1600Wh, man it is a different wheel ! First thing, the MS3T is silent, much more than the Tesla itself, at standstill there is absolutely no noise, when you move at 30kph their is a slight noise but it's almost inaudible. It is a stealth EUC :D

Regarding it's handling, it's more stable than the original MS3, it has much more power, and it is more stable but also more reactive ! The power that comes through is linear and gives a feeling of endless power, unlike on the original MS3. The algorithm is not "tesla like" it's hard, maybe not as hard (due to the wheel diameter imo), for me it's perfect. The manoevrability is better than on the original MS3, not as good as on the Tesla, but still a very agile wheel, and the height of the pedals is good so they don't get scratched as often.

Regarding the speed, I reached 54kph (real speed), no beeping ! This EUC is insanely fast !! When I lift it up, it cuts off at 74kph (compared to the 59kph Tesla cut off) I think it's the fastest production EUC.

Overall I like it more than the Tesla and the ACMs+, If the weight was a little lower, I would say this is my favorite EUC, the most impressive part is the silence, even the older MCM2s was louder than this EUC..

Have you guys tried it yet ???

5k7FAq4.jpg

From left to right : DT Ultra, MS3T, GT16, ACMs+, Segway I2

Awesome !!! I just ordered one from Chen at green and fashion shop on aliexpress. Waiting for it to come . I’m getting so excited now !!!

It is itching in my fingers, also to push the order button....

I like the formfactor of the v3 and in general prefer 18inch wheels over 16.

Acually i think about ordering the v3s in the new 800wh version only, to safe some money!

Idea is to install some fastopeners/locks to the Monster and Msuper shellsides and then to switch batterypacks from Monster to Msuper and viceversa. Mind sound stupid, but as i always tend to use one wheel over some days, for me perhaps a realistic idea.

8 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

It is itching in my fingers, also to push the order button....

I like the formfactor of the v3 and in general prefer 18inch wheels over 16.

Acually i think about ordering the v3s in the new 800wh version only, to safe some money!

Idea is to install some fastopeners/locks to the Monster and Msuper shellsides and then to switch batterypacks from Monster to Msuper and viceversa. Mind sound stupid, but as i always tend to use one wheel over some days, for me perhaps a realistic idea.

Hmm. That’s an interesting idea. I went with the 1300wh over the 1600 to save money too. I think the 1300 will be plenty for me . I have 420wh 14D that I use as my daily commuter and it’s fine . So 1300 should be amazing in comparison 

Just now, Scott Henley said:

Hmm. That’s an interesting idea. I went with the 1300wh over the 1600 to save money too. I think the 1300 will be plenty for me . I have 420wh 14D that I use as my daily commuter and it’s fine . So 1300 should be amazing in comparison 

Yip!

For ME...the 1300wh versions are as good as the 1600wh version. Its the same number of cells, so has the ability to give the same amount of amps/power and has just a bit less range, as it is are 2900mah cells instead of 3500mah.

I would choose the 650wh version of the v3, too, which is even cheaper, but as i dont want to mix different cell types when doing these changes with the Monster battery as i described, i need to stay on 800wh/1600wh versions...

Funny is that GW never released a 1300mah/1950mah version of the Monster....that would have been a bit cheaper....

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Great report @Pingouin. @Charles McLean just got one and had some positive comments, but I don't think he had any experience with the previous models.

Your report is the first comparative review that I've seen, and it's very good :cheers:  You almost make me want to upgrade my MSuper. I also enjoy the added power and quietness of the ACM2 motor. 

@Marty Backe  I never owned the older version of the MSuper V3s+, only the MSuper V3s+T ... which I must say I really do love.  The MSuper V3s+T is an amazing wheel.  Its accelerates very smoothly and has a ton of power.  It is FAST out the gate.  However, mine is NOT silent ... it has that very annoying 6 Khz frequency hum.  My Tesla is absolutely quiet..  The more I ride the MSuper V3s+T, the less I find myself riding my Tesla.  I'm thinking of selling my Tesla and ordering a Z10 once I see Marty's review ... as soon as he gets around to it!

6 hours ago, Pingouin said:

One thing I've noticed is that my last couple of rides on the MSuper V3s+T is that I've hit 31 mph / 32 mph while only hearing three beeps "DDD" and not 5 beeps "DDDDD".  The 3 beeps start around 22 MPH.  I've never even felt like I was traveling that fast (31/32 mph) until I get back home and look at my Garmin and it tracks my top speed.  I need to start wearing my garmin on my wrist or something so I can check my speed more frequently while riding.  I managed to get to 34.3 MPH on my Tesla before I experienced a motor cutout.  I haven't pushed my MSuper V3s+T that hard, so I can't say how it would respond.  But, what I can say is that I LOOOOOVE this wheel!

28 minutes ago, Charles McLean said:

One thing I've noticed is that my last couple of rides on the MSuper V3s+T is that I've hit 31 mph / 32 mph while only hearing three beeps "DDD" and not 5 beeps "DDDDD".  The 3 beeps start around 22 MPH.  I've never even felt like I was traveling that fast (31/32 mph) until I get back home and look at my Garmin and it tracks my top speed.  I need to start wearing my garmin on my wrist or something so I can check my speed more frequently while riding.  I managed to get to 34.3 MPH on my Tesla before I experienced a motor cutout.  I haven't pushed my MSuper V3s+T that hard, so I can't say how it would respond.  But, what I can say is that I LOOOOOVE this wheel!

Are you sure you have closed the first and second alarm???

THEN Your v3 should be totally quiet until you reach the last 3rd alarm...which should at full battery only come first time at about 32-35mph.

The sign that its only DDD also shows off that this is second alarm or so.....

57 minutes ago, Charles McLean said:

That's the problem with very powerful wheels like this. There's not much effort required to go very fast, so it's easy to find yourself going faster than you want (for safety concerns). This is why I really appreciate my Pebble watch. It buzzes (continuously) when I exceed 25-mph (my upper limit). I also have it buzz at 20-mph when my battery is below 30-percent.

There's nothing like the power of the Gotway wheels :thumbup:

I don't ride my Tesla as much as I probably should. I appreciate the luxury of having it, for the variety. I do enjoy the wheel, but my riding life would still feel complete if I didn't have it.

38 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Are you sure you have closed the first and second alarm???

THEN Your v3 should be totally quiet until you reach the last 3rd alarm...which should at full battery only come first time at about 32-35mph.

The sign that its only DDD also shows off that this is second alarm or so.....

I have the first alarm turned off, but I do have the 2nd alarm enabled.  I probably need to invest in a pebble or something that buzzes continuously when I exceed 25 mph like @Marty Backe recommends.

9 minutes ago, Charles McLean said:

I have the first alarm turned off, but I do have the 2nd alarm enabled.  I probably need to invest in a pebble or something that buzzes continuously when I exceed 25 mph like @Marty Backe recommends.

The second alarm starts at 35kmh...about 20mph. Thats why you have those beeps all the time.

you could use wheellog/android or darkness/ios for an adjustable speed alarm that lets your handy vibrate when you reached it.

No problem :-)

Wow! I just read Pingouin review of the Msuper V3 T 1600wh. 

I had the original V3 and 84v M Super v3 1600wh. My main problem with The Gotway M super V3 wheels were that I had to clasp it tight with my calves and lean forward in order for it to accelerate when going up very steep hills. I Wonder if this has changed?  On the Kingsong KS18 I didn't have this problem. 

I remember that @SuperSport mentioned this very same issue.  I think he ended up swapping the right and left pedals so the trailing edges became the leading ones to allow him to apply more forwards pressure to climb hills.  I'm not sure if he kept this arrangement or not as he's been MIA for a while.

I wonder if they had a slight outward curve to the forward part of the leg pad whether that would allow riders to grip on easier to apply forwards pressure.  Rather than a flat pad cushion, curve it outwards a little at the front side?

This is an interesting comparison specially that you had other Msupers before, I have the 1300 watt one and this is almost tempting now.

@Marty Backe after riding my sons acm, I just can’t (my view) go back to smaller wheel, I guess I do like the way Msuper feels between my legs. I find it easier to control.

ill wait for Marty’s Z10 review and will make my decision than.

Z10 or

Msuper V3S T.

26 minutes ago, yourtoys7 said:

This is an interesting comparison specially that you had other Msupers before, I have the 1300 watt one and this is almost tempting now.

@Marty Backe after riding my sons acm, I just can’t (my view) go back to smaller wheel, I guess I do like the way Msuper feels between my legs. I find it easier to control.

ill way for Marty’s Z10 review and will make my decision than.

Z10 or

Msuper V3S T.

Oh oh, I'm starting to feel Z10 pressure ;) I'm flattered that some of you guys value my wheel opinion.

I can't wait for @Jason McNeil to get it to me :w00t2:

The new MS3T 84V 1600Wh could easily be the performance winner of 2018, I think we have too many expectations for the Segway One z, and the anticipated 18L.

This might be the "real wheel" to get this year.

Keep the reviews and video footage coming in!

3 hours ago, Mrd777 said:

The new MS3T 84V 1600Wh could easily be the performance winner of 2018, I think we have too many expectations for the Segway One z, and the anticipated 18L.

This might be the "real wheel" to get this year.

Keep the reviews and video footage coming in!

Yes, we do have a lot of expectation from Z10, cause the company has the resources to produce and to be honest take a large peace of the pie (assuming they deliver). I really like Gotway, but if Ninebot able to produce safer wheel, I'd ditch Gotway without thinking twice. After taking 2 falls (regardless if some consider riders fault or not) fact is, I/ others injured themselfs due fact that company Failed to incorporate safety measure. I maybe wrong, but market will decide.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Mrd777 said:

@Jason McNeil can you confirm you are getting this wheel in stock, and when you are expecting them.? Seems like we should group this wheel with our three newcomers.

thanks 

I just spoke with Jason earlier today . He is awaiting a shipment of them . Although when is kind of up in the air . I’ll let him comment on time frames but figured I’d at least give you the satisfaction of knowing they are coming ! ?

I like that we are getting some cool acronym names for the wheels to impress the chicks!

"This here? Why, it's just my MS3T. Yeah, I was gonna take out my KS18S, but you know, did 30k on her yesterday".

Everyone knows nothing is sexier than a man on a unicycle.:lol:

4 hours ago, Hatchet said:

I like that we are getting some cool acronym names for the wheels to impress the chicks!

"This here? Why, it's just my MS3T. Yeah, I was gonna take out my KS18S, but you know, did 30k on her yesterday".

Everyone knows nothing is sexier than a man on a unicycle.:lol:

:laughbounce2:

On 05/04/2018 at 5:49 PM, Mrd777 said:

@Jason McNeil can you confirm you are getting this wheel in stock, and when you are expecting them.? Seems like we should group this wheel with our three newcomers.

Yes Sir, in Blue/Red options as well. This production was been held up because I [foolishly] insisted that GW get the reverse diode fix in place for this & future orders. Assured by Linnea the order will be completed by mid-next week, expected delivery to US by 1-2nd week of May. This shipment will have a couple MCM5s in there as well. 

Pictures of Red/Blue MSupers courtesy of AliExpress, Green Fashion Store.  

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1EobhadHO8KJjSZFHq6zWJFXay/Freeshipping-Gotway-Msuper3-1600WH-84V-Life-150KM-the-maximum-speed-of-55KM-H-the-fastest-the.jpg

Freeshipping-Gotway-Msuper3-1600WH-84V-L

19 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Yes Sir, in Blue/Red options as well. This production was been held up because I [foolishly] insisted that GW get the reverse diode fix in place for this & future orders. Assured by Linnea the order will be completed by mid-next week, expected delivery to US by 1-2nd week of May. This shipment will have a couple MCM5s in there as well. 

Pictures of Red/Blue MSupers courtesy of AliExpress, Green Fashion Store.  

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1EobhadHO8KJjSZFHq6zWJFXay/Freeshipping-Gotway-Msuper3-1600WH-84V-Life-150KM-the-maximum-speed-of-55KM-H-the-fastest-the.jpg

Freeshipping-Gotway-Msuper3-1600WH-84V-L

Awesome !!! 1300wh and 1600wh in both colors ? So thinking mid May for actual customer delivery ?

Archived