Paging Dr. Rehab1, another rider down!

dmethvin

On 3/15/2018 at 1:43 AM, The Fat Unicyclist said:

That's awesome... I have just ordered this one for riding (while the weather is still warm here)...

Are you trying to pick up guys?   ;) This is the outfit you want. The chicks will be hanging all over you!

40848548081_e8b83e2309_b.jpg

1 hour ago, dmethvin said:

He asked if I planned on riding or doing other stuff that might stress the knee and I answered "probably". With that in mind he suggested surgery in the next month or so to clean up the tear and fix the ACL. Sounds like the surgery recovery won't be any worse than what I've already been through. If I'm lucky I should be able to ride by the end of the summer. Gotta get some of those knee braces that Rehab1 showed off in his thread!

Glad you were honest with him.  I’ll let you know how the knee braces work out. I would definitely consider some form of prophylactic knee brace that will protect you knee(s) after surgery. 

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Are you trying to pick up guys?   ;) This is the outfit you want. The chicks will be hanging all over you!

40848548081_e8b83e2309_b.jpg

You ae so constrained by sexual stereo-types!

Just wait until you see me in my Wonder Woman costume - you will love it so much that you'll get your own...

5 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Just wait until you see me in my Wonder Woman costume - you will love it so much that you'll get your own...

:popcorn: ————> :barf:

• 2 weeks later...

@dmethvin - once you recover, do you think you'll be riding with protective knee braces to prevent future injuries?  I know these are freak accidents, but considering your accident was at only 8 mph, it's probably quite easy to land wrong on a leg and put a lot of stress on the knee joint.  Sports knee braces are no guarantee against injury, but maybe they could be useful to protect the tearing of ligaments?

@Rehab1 - how are the knee braces that you bought working out while riding?  Do they get in the way with the extra bulk around the calves?

2 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Rehab1 - how are the knee braces that you bought working out while riding?  Do they get in the way with the extra bulk around the calves?

Unfortunately I have not used them yet. The Tesla is stationary for now so my riding is limited to the Mten3. I’m just practicing slow maneuvers to maintain my balance so I don’t gear up. 

8 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

- once you recover, do you think you'll be riding with protective knee braces to prevent future injuries?  I know these are freak accidents, but considering your accident was at only 8 mph, it's probably quite easy to land wrong on a leg and put a lot of stress on the knee joint.  Sports knee braces are no guarantee against injury, but maybe they could be useful to protect the tearing of ligaments?

Yeah, I'll have some sort of knee brace on both legs no doubt. It's really crazy how easy it is to tear a knee ligament just at running speeds, you just have to do a funny cut or step. Here are some examples: 

The best bracer are your muscles, train the knees for not dependent completly in your ligaments. Protesic bracers don't allow your muscles to develop his work what ends atrophying them.

I only use the knee bracer during a month after my knee operation (ligament and meniscus)

Archived