Jump to content

any reccomendations where i can buy safety gear?


Recommended Posts

my budget is very small since when i havce enough money for a euc i will only have a very little amount for safety gear witch is very important since it goes 40 kph and i have been looking at some promising stuff on ebay and aliexpress with foam and plastic knee pads, elbow pads and wrist guards i have a helmet but do you know some things to look out for and no thire not extremely cheap theyre around 10 euro do you have any places to look for cheap safety gear or do you know anything youve bought that worked well please share :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My only recommendation is to wait until you have enough money to buy the EUC and some DECENT safety gear. You don't need to spend a lot of money but going super cheap on the things that will protect your body is a bad move.

Downhill rated full face helmet. Wrist guards. Knee and elbow protectors. This is not in any particular order as all items are required to have the minimum level of worthwhile protection IMO.

Several have the ProTek elbow and wrist guards. They are fairly cheap as a set but seemed good quality. I tried a set but found them to be much less comfortable than the G-Form body armor I now use, but the ProTek gear was more affordable and seemed sufficient for medium speed impacts.  High speed use demands motorcycle level protection if you ask me. 

Edited by WARPed1701D
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, WARPed1701D said:

My only recommendation is to wait until you have enough money to buy the EUC and some DECENT safety gear. You don't need to spend a lot of money but going super cheap on the things that will protect your body is a bad move.

Downhill rated full face helmet. Wrist guards. Knee and elbow protectors. This is not in any particular order as all items are required to have the minimum level of worthwhile protection IMO.

Several have the ProTek elbow and wrist guards. They are fairly cheap as a set but seemed good quality. I tried a set but found them to be much less comfortable than the G-Form body armor I now use, but the ProTek gear was more affordable and seemed sufficient for medium speed impacts.  High speed use demands motorcycle level protection if you ask me. 

exactly i also didnt want to buy very cheap protective gear im just looking to buy some good gear at a reasonable price instead of buying some gear that is way overpriced or anything

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pro-Tec-Street-Protective-Knee-Pad-Elbow-Set-SKATEBOARD-BMX-SCOOTER/201683030284?epid=1651311835&hash=item2ef53ed10c:m:mI-uTaHEefDIS9TMMVFVgEQ

i found this so far is this good ebnough or should i go for another price range (i dont know anything about safety gear at all)

 

 

i have a really goood bike helmet but i am thinking of also buying a fullface motor bike helmet for high speeds but protective gear for the rest of the body is as important i would say i wont be going out with full body titanium body armor i will just buy enough so that no extreme damage will be done i will not be speeding all the time but i will probably try and and it is not likely im gonna fall everytime or every 5th or every 20th time im out riding and if i fall its gonna hurt but that wont make me use full body titanium armor (i dont mean it seriously) but just enough protection so i the probability of me getting severe injuries isnt a problem small injuries that i can reover from is fine there is no way to get around it i have seen a lot of euc owner just using kneepads elbow pads wristguards and a helmet and i dont think its because they have a death wish i think its just too bulky to use a lot of stuff  here what i willl use for high speed:

elbow pads, knee pads, wrist guards and a motor bike helmet   

yes it will hurt when i fall  but i would need tons of gear to make it not hurt when i fall as long as i dont get severely injured if at all injured then i would say thats enough what are your thoughts? im not saying im fine with getting injured im just saying i would need a lot of gear not to get injured, it is unenevitable its gonna happen 

(i just dont know what im talking about im not sure please correct me if im wrong in any way) :)   and sorry for my english its not best phew this was long to type

Edited by Shad0z
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Those are the ProTek pads that @Marty Backe uses and I believe he is very happy with them and he rides a lot so they seem to hold up well. I tried them and they seemed good quality. The fit was good and secure but they were not as comfortable as the other option I was looking at so I sent them back. Marty has a video review of the gear he uses in the Safety forum. Link below.

Any speed can cause a nasty faceplant so you may decide to go with the full face helmet for most, if not all, of your rides (also warmer for Russian climates).

Search the forum for wrist guards recommendations. You really want to spend some money on decent ones as a broken wrist is really hard to heal. If you can find a set of Demon Flexmeter wrist guards (double splint version) at a decent price then get them. I have them and think they are awesome and many other forum members have also got them and like them. You can see them in Marty's video too.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, LanghamP said:

I'd recommend a helmet first because you can recover from broken bones but not a broken brain. It's likely you'll hit your head at some point. 

Although your advice seems very reasonable, for someone that may be able to afford only one item to begin with, I would recommend wrist guards first. Playing the statistics game, I see many more hand/wrist injuries than head injuries. And I have personally witnessed falls in our group rides (including myself) where the hands were involved with the fall. Never a head.

Of course I strongly recommend a helmet, but given the above constraints I arrive at the expressed recommendation :unsure:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Shad0z said:

<snip>

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pro-Tec-Street-Protective-Knee-Pad-Elbow-Set-SKATEBOARD-BMX-SCOOTER/201683030284?epid=1651311835&hash=item2ef53ed10c:m:mI-uTaHEefDIS9TMMVFVgEQ

i found this so far is this good ebnough or should i go for another price range (i dont know anything about safety gear at all)

<snip>

As @WARPed1701D noted, I use those exact knee and elbow pads. I love them and they have saved my knees and elbows many times. They are very comfortable to me. I ride a lot, and they are still holding up great after 1-1/2 years of heavy use. The elastic is still good - nothing has broken.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Although your advice seems very reasonable, for someone that may be able to afford only one item to begin with, I would recommend wrist guards first. Playing the statistics game, I see many more hand/wrist injuries than head injuries. And I have personally witnessed falls in our group rides (including myself) where the hands were involved with the fall. Never a head.

Of course I strongly recommend a helmet, but given the above constraints I arrive at the expressed recommendation :unsure:

If we're talking about group rides (of mostly males) then I would say helmet, hands, knees, and more be covered. It's just not a proper group ride if someone doesn't crash, preferably with blood but no broken bones. 

This is what the double-dog dare was invented for. Hell, I'd push you over myself, @Marty Backe.

The first EUCs group ride I went on I counted at least seven crashes between the three of us, be mindful of handicap ramps the edges are almost invisible. And wet wooden bridges.

I'd say EUCs are pretty awesome.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

This is what happened when @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" side-swiped me from behind - you've got to watch yourself when riding with this guy :D

:o34120025312_5ea11f3b05_b.jpg

33467304453_b378dc5765_b.jpg

This was our first ride to the Cogswell Dam area of Southern Ca.It was a fun ride until later in the day when @Marty Backe got tired and decided that he needed to be rescued by the local Sheriff's search and rescue team,thus  forcing myself and @Ando Melkonyan to harrowingly exit opposide sides of the canyon while overcoming numerous obstacles to reach cell service to contact the authorities for @Marty Backe.All of it would have been avoidable had Marty not forgotten to take is daily supplement of "Flintstone Chewables" that day!:oThis is what @Marty Backe looks like when he doesn't take his "Flintstone Chewables"                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            8wa9Dpv.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow :blink: your wife is really talented!   Almost thought that was a photo that had some sort of Photoshop filter applied to it.

BTW that would look great on a Marty MerchTM T-Shirt!  Always plug!  :w00t2:

955490_martymerch.jpg

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Wow :blink: your wife is really talented!   Almost thought that was a photo that had some sort of Photoshop filter applied to it.

BTW that would look great on a Marty MerchTM T-Shirt!  Always plug!  :w00t2:

To plug this, @Marty Backes only real option is to get it tattooed on his back (Steveo style... https://bodyartguru-1ygkv60km.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Steve-o.jpg).

And yes... She is very talented!

Edited by The Fat Unicyclist
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Very funny - @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" now always reminds me to take my vitamins before a group ride :laughbounce2:

Impressive that you came across this portrait. Made by my wife who is a Pastel Portraiture artist. This piece was called "Defiant".

I thought it was called "you're not Marty without your Snickers bar".:o:D

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Wow :blink: your wife is really talented!   Almost thought that was a photo that had some sort of Photoshop filter applied to it.

BTW that would look great on a Marty MerchTM T-Shirt!  Always plug!  :w00t2:

955490_martymerch.jpg

 

3 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

To plug this, @Marty Backes only real option is to get it tattooed on his back (Steveo style... https://bodyartguru-1ygkv60km.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Steve-o.jpg).

And yes... She is very talented!

Thanks guys, and both ideas are hilarious.  I don't know though, it would feel very weird to wear a shirt with my image on it, no?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Thanks guys, and both ideas are hilarious.  I don't know though, it would feel very weird to wear a shirt with my image on it, no?

You print them... Wheel wear them (see what I did there?).

Seriously though... I'll send you the money, you send the tee-shirt, and I'll wear it on all video! 

Like a sponsorship, but at my cost... Wait, hang on - perhaps you should just send the tee-shirt? 

Edited by The Fat Unicyclist
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's an untapped market out there just waiting for unique and quirky EUC wear.  People need icons and heroes.  Be that hero.  Wear Marty MerchTM.  

@meepmeepmayer wouldn't you wear some of that good good Martywear?  :efeeec645d:

I bet @Duf would.  He seems to mention you in many of his videos.

I think we need to work on some logo artwork.

 BTW if someone told Vincent van Gogh that his self-portrait would be worth $71.5 million one day, would he have believed it?  :efef927839:

Vincent_van_Gogh_-_Self-Portrait_-_Googl

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"you are not you when youre hungry 

eat snikers"

but. But im still hungry

"EAT THE GODDAMN SNIKERS!!"

 ok take my money plz

"your not you when youre homeless"

oh god...

"LIVE IN ABANDONED SNIKER FACTORY"

why is this happening to me?

now im euc less and live in a snickers factory 

"youre not you when youre euc less"

YAY FINALLY

"buy more snikers 3 for the price of 2!"

ohhh F@€%@€&@$¥£$¥₽*%#₽

(my budget is so i can buy 850wh model maybe but i need 1020wh may the money be with me) :cheers:

 

this meaningfull comment shows how i will loose my money 

 

Edited by Shad0z
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

 I don't know though, it would feel very weird to wear a shirt with my image on it, no?

Oh come on! If Robert Mugabe can carry it off I’m sure you can:

CABA0D2E-30CF-4543-B2EC-B59EF9B3E152.jpeg.50cb74c404ce5ca7e518a1dd10e8935e.jpeg

On second thoughts, what am I saying! What could it lead to? Undisputed leader of the EUC Forum, first North American dictator? Oh dear, there could be no stopping him!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Keith said:

Oh come on! If Robert Mugabe can carry it off I’m sure you can:

CABA0D2E-30CF-4543-B2EC-B59EF9B3E152.jpeg.50cb74c404ce5ca7e518a1dd10e8935e.jpeg

On second thoughts, what am I saying! What could it lead to? Undisputed leader of the EUC Forum, first North American dictator? Oh dear, there could be no stopping him!

:laughbounce2:

Gotta love that jacket - stylin'

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wonder for how many % of all offtopic discussion in threads certain people are responsible for:efee8319ab:

7 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

@meepmeepmayer wouldn't you wear some of that good good Martywear?  :efeeec645d:

I've been considering going Backe StyleTM for a long time. Though that would include dressing like Marty (white shoes, GW helmet, etc.) instead of wearing Martywear. Or maybe go "Barty Macke" (evil twin, think like Backe StyleTM but with evil grin, goatee, etc. - you get the idea).

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...