Am I cheated?

253848493@qq.com

Yesterday I placed an order for a new kingsong 18s without an account in www.ewheels.com. After I paid, I couldn't find any purchasing record. Suddenly I remembered I haven't even registered an account first. Now I can not find any place to check the details of my purchase. I only received two emails showing me that I have purchased by Amazon account. I feel puzzled why people can buy something in this website without an acount first?

Everything seems silent as if I have thrown my money into the deep sea. When I buy from www.taobao.com in China, I can  contact the shop owners by internet, telephone at any moment. And I can see my shopping details exactly at any moment. What's wrong with the design of this www.ewheels.com? When I want to contact them again, the only thing i can see is  a small envelope at the bottom. Am I being cheated again?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ewheels and Jason are definitely a reputable company.  I would just contact Jason and ask him.  There should be a contact link on the website.  From my experience if you e-mail him he normally responds within 24 hrs.   

5 minutes ago, Acturbo said:

Ewheels and Jason are definitely a reputable company.  I would just contact Jason and ask him.  There should be a contact link on the website.  From my experience if you e-mail him he normally responds within 24 hrs.   

but i know nothing about him. I don't know what is his email address. His website is certainly not as good as www.taobao.com in China. I always have a nice shopping experience in www.taobao.com, so when I shop in www.ewheels.com, I feel so strange and inconvenient. When I finish purchase, there is nothing left in this www.ewheels.com. In china, The shop owners in www.taobao.com can respond within a second, not 24 hours!

11 minutes ago, 253848493@qq.com said:

thank you to relieve my worry.

I am just somewhat surprised that someone in China would buy from a dealer in the United States? As excellent as @Jason McNeil is surely this is like an Eskimo buying ice? 

Why on earth would you buy from the USA something made in China and surely available at a much lower price locally? 

It really isn't making any sense to me?

5 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I think he is in Boston.

You think who is is Boston?

Jason's in Miami and the guy who is complaining has a Chinese social media account (qq.com) and his profile clearly says he is in xi'an China. 

Ah, I get it - you mean from this post:

Hmmm. I'm getting uncomfortable about this whole thread.

6 minutes ago, Keith said:

You think who is is Boston?

Jason's in Miami and the guy who is complaining has a Chinese social media account (qq.com) and his profile clearly says he is in xi'an China. 

Ah, I get it - you mean from this post:

Hmmm. I'm getting uncomfortable about this whole thread.

I think he is a visiting scholar that is teaching in one of the colleges there.  

I will stay in Boston for 6 months. I have taken one kingsong 18a from China, but after 20 days there are something problems in my 18A. Certainly I will buy from China if i were in China. In China, Kingsong 18 is much much cheaper than that in Boston. However, Jason promised me that if I buy from his website, he will repair my old Kingsong 18a. As a result, I decide to place the order. Sending my old one back to China needs 400 dollars. Maybe, my newer kingsong 18s will break again, but if I buy from China, who can repair it for me?

To reiterate what has been said before in this thread and others. You are safe with Jason and eWheels. He will not in any way defraud or let you down. He and hs company is highly reputable and very well regarded on this forum. If you have concerns about your order you can email him directly using jason@ewheels.com. You can also send him a direct message through this forum using @Jason McNeil

Relax. You are fine. Check you order went through OK by contacting him and then take it easy.

I was cheated by a Chinese website several days ago. The website is : www.86mall.com. First they promise that there is no charge for the transportantion of the mechadise.  Then placed the order of 80 dollars. However, when they got the money, everything changed. They charged me 1303 dollars for the transportation and threatened that if I do not pay the transportation fee, the purchase will stay in their depot for two months first. After two months , these purchases can be regarded as waste and they can dispose them in their own way. If you ask for a return of money, ok, the money is returned to your account in www.86mall.com, and you can never take the money back.

3 minutes ago, 253848493@qq.com said:

He promised that he would repair my old kingsong 18. However, how much will he charge me for the repair? There is only mechanical problem.

Again, Jason is highly reputable. He will not overcharge you and I'm sure you can agree that no work is done  to your wheel without him quoting you a cost if you ask him.

I appreciate you have concerns spending so much money in a foreign country but it seems you are looking for problems where they do not yet exist.

1 hour ago, 253848493@qq.com said:

He promised that he would repair my old kingsong 18. However, how much will he charge me for the repair? There is only mechanical problem.

Sorry, but you seam a bit funny to me...

First you order a wheel without making an account...which is your choice! Then, because of ordering without account, you think that you are beeing scamed...because you did not get an email in the first 5 minutes....

Then, after several people tell you, that Jason is the best, and after telefoning with him, you get that he even will try to repair your old wheel....

And the next comment is worrying how much he will charge you for that???

Sorry, but other than "86mall"....Jason/ewheels seam to have done everything correct, you should concentrate on blaming 86mall and not longer doubt the business you have done with ewheels.

my 2 cents....

15 hours ago, 253848493@qq.com said:

You should be having these conversations with him, and settle such details beforehand.

Many of the people who use this forum have done business with Jason and he's excellent. So....there shouldn't be any risk here OTHER THAN if you've failed to be clear about what your requirements are regarding time/money/shipping etc etc

16 hours ago, 253848493@qq.com said:

What's wrong with the design of this www.ewheels.com? When I want to contact them again, the only thing i can see is  a small envelope at the bottom. Am I being cheated again?

I just took a look at www.ewheels.com - on the top is with red background the telephone number and the email adress - so what should be wrong with this website design - everything is there!

and additionally you can send message with this small envelope at the bottom.

so what else do you want?

3 hours ago, Chriull said:

I just took a look at www.ewheels.com - on the top is with red background the telephone number and the email adress - so what should be wrong with this website design - everything is there!

and additionally you can send message with this small envelope at the bottom.

so what else do you want?

I hate the small movie which distract my attention to buy. I haven't seen the telephone number because I have to turn off the movie in a rush. Additionally, the man in  the movie seems not skillful in riding a unicycle!

18 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

Sorry, but you seam a bit funny to me...

First you order a wheel without making an account...which is your choice! Then, because of ordering without account, you think that you are beeing scamed...because you did not get an email in the first 5 minutes....

Then, after several people tell you, that Jason is the best, and after telefoning with him, you get that he even will try to repair your old wheel....

And the next comment is worrying how much he will charge you for that???

Sorry, but other than "86mall"....Jason/ewheels seam to have done everything correct, you should concentrate on blaming 86mall and not longer doubt the business you have done with ewheels.

my 2 cents....

When I buy without an account, the website should stop me and force me to register. However, the website encourages me to buy with my Amazon account!

10 minutes ago, 253848493@qq.com said:

I hate the small movie which distract my attention to buy. I haven't seen the telephone number because I have to turn off the movie in a rush. Additionally, the man in  the movie seems not skillful in riding a unicycle!

I'm not sure you're really cut out for the internet  ?

1 hour ago, 253848493@qq.com said:

Can somebody kindly explain what  'spicy little firecracker" and "good stuff" mean? My first language is Chinese.

It means you've got big balls of steel and you don't take no shit from no one :D

Archived