IPS ZERO

John Eucist

I finally had my "aha" moment yesterday.. after 3 hours of practice (split over 5 sessions). I managed to ride without walls on either side and didn't have to stop for about 300m. Then was able to repeat it another time and had to call it a day again. (I have so little time.. :() Just when it got fun...

I will practise again tomorrow but I guess the next stage is learning to turn! I realized that actually having mastered "hover"board first is a DISadvantage! The balance mechanism is completely different but worse of all the method of turning is completely opposite! You apply pressure to right foot rest to go left on the 2-wheeled "hover" which is obviously opposite to the EUC. So the brain needs a little re-adjustment of habits at first.

Edited by playdad

1 hour ago, playdad said:

I finally had my "aha" moment yesterday.. after 3 hours of practice (split over 5 sessions). I managed to ride without walls on either side and didn't have to stop for about 300m. Then was able to repeat it another time and had to call it a day again. (I have so little time.. :() Just when it got fun...

I will practise again tomorrow but I guess the next stage is learning to turn! I realized that actually having mastered "hover"board first is a DISadvantage! The balance mechanism is completely different but worse of all the method of turning is completely opposite! You apply pressure to right foot rest to go left on the 2-wheeled "hover" which is obviously opposite to the EUC. So the brain needs a little re-adjustment of habits at first.

I got a boost on my learning phase when I rode on grass. It gave me a sense of security that if I fall, it won't be that hard so I managed to roll further. Try it if it would help.:)

Edited by SlowMo

6 hours ago, SlowMo said:

I got a boost on my learning phase when I rode on grass. It gave me a sense of security that if I fall, it won't be that hard so I managed to roll further. Try it if it would help.:)

@SlowMo

Isn't grass usually kind of uneven though? (it's hard to find a perfectly flat lawn around here) Heck, it's hard to find any lawn around here. The public parks tend to have bumpy areas with grass and that's it. I would use my son's school field but it's a 40-min drive away. And I normally ride for around that amount of time. LOL.

28 minutes ago, playdad said:

@SlowMo

Isn't grass usually kind of uneven though? (it's hard to find a perfectly flat lawn around here) Heck, it's hard to find any lawn around here. The public parks tend to have bumpy areas with grass and that's it. I would use my son's school field but it's a 40-min drive away. And I normally ride for around that amount of time. LOL.

Another soft area is the rubberized flooring of any children's playground. You can roll short distances there and at the same time learn turning.

• Upvote 2

Hello to all
I am new to the elettric unicycle ...
I have a chic smart s1 ... and now I'll have to practice a lot ............ !!!!!
I purchased the zero-340 by tony paid $ 720 including shipping the 30/12/2015
When I read that it was better to buy other for the character of Tony I was worried.
But now I'm happy, because Monday ups should deliver it.
and if all goes well I have to say that Tony has respected the deadlines.
I will let you know the developments.
greetings to all

UPS--L'inseguimento-delle-informazioni-1.jpg

10 hours ago, SlowMo said:

Another soft area is the rubberized flooring of any children's playground. You can roll short distances there and at the same time learn turning.

@SlowMo

That's a great idea. I'll keep an eye out for those. I'll just wear my cutest outfit and blend into the crowd. :P

@Stefano Verdesi

Congrats! You will have great fun on it. I recommend to check your tyre pressure and make sure it's sufficient. I started with a "hover"board too and it's completely different. Ha!

4 hours ago, playdad said:

@SlowMo

That's a great idea. I'll keep an eye out for those. I'll just wear my cutest outfit and blend into the crowd. :P

@Stefano Verdesi

Congrats! You will have great fun on it. I recommend to check your tyre pressure and make sure it's sufficient. I started with a "hover"board too and it's completely different. Ha!

Now I am looking at a one wheel hoverboard:D

IMG-20160115-WA0000.jpg

Edited by SlowMo
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Ponne said:

I did find a nice light effect picture;

dnews-files-2015-09-one-wheeled-skateboa

I believe that's a different one wheel board. By now I have already seen three different boards (in pictures/clips) and another DIY board. 

@Skylightica

Nice find! Wait, you've only done 13km thus far? Stop playing with the lights! :P

In all seriousness though, have you done test runs where you compare battery performance with the different light modes? I've always wondered how much battery the lights drain... but I'm too newbie a rider to spend time wondering about such stuff right now. :rolleyes:

Edited by playdad

Need inspiration for a nice colour combination?
http://www.colourlovers.com/copaso/ColorPaletteSoftware

1) Set saturation (S) and lightness (V) to 100.

2) Set hue (H) anywhere.

3) Choose "Tetrad".

4) Check out your 4-colour palette, mathematically guaranteed to look awesome together. Drag the hue up and down for more choices.

Optional: If you want the exact number for the hue to use on your precious Zero's iOS app, single click (5) and double click (4) to read the hue value beneath the bar at (2).

unnamed.thumb.jpg.ce32f69608f14acf717acc

@playdad It's more like, "wow, you did a whole 5 km at home?" Going to my practice space requires a ton of traveling and painful lifting in snowy -10C weather, so I mostly work on one legged riding, slow riding, backward riding, turning at home till the weather gets nicer. Also, I just took up ice skating lessons to practice drills for learning foot control and balance with the ultimate goal of getting to ride the Zero better. It's a weird roundabout way of learning EUC, I know! But it seems to help! Kekeke.

It looks like atmosphere mode would be the best in conserving battery, but I've never done any tests. In fact, I haven't even figured out what the different light modes mean yet! They seem to depend on other factors besides speed, direction, and time. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have only used atmosphere mode so far. It only lights up the battery meter when you stop moving. LOL so yeah it's the easiest on the battery. The lights on the Zero look great but I suspect it must drain quite a bit of battery.

Yeah, I know what you mean about cold. I practise in the basement parking area here.

Edited by playdad

Hi, 

I know is long due, but here is how my Ips looks after several modifications of the rubber position on it. 

The rubber protects the areas that get most hit, allows a nice comfy cushion on the leg and allows me to open it without removing the rubber in case anything happens. 

And the hanging thing is a strap that I attached to my belt so it doesn't run far from me in case anything would go wrong ( see post when I slide off it while hard braking)

20160118_071526.jpg

20160118_070724.jpg

20160118_071321.jpg

Edited by Paul Panait
  • Upvote 1

@Paul Panait That looks NICE!!! Once I'm better at riding, I'd like to make a case than can expose more of the Zero as well. I haven't been able to find your type of weatherstripping yet, but seeing your photos makes me want to renew my search. I noticed you removed the rubber on the bottom half of the Zero's side, and around the white centre strip. Yet the centre strip is still perfectly clean. You must be skilled to not drop it on the center strip.

What kind of glue/tape did you use? You managed to remove it cleanly!

Also, can you get enough friction to jump?

Edited by Skylightica

I received zero 340 ...!!!! . I am very happy and I must say that Tony was perfect ..
I started right away has created protection .... who knows how many times to fall for the ground .. !!!!!
That is the result...
NOW I NEED ADVICE ......
What you say is fine protection ??
then tonyy me iviato to email files to unlock ...
as they load ...!!!! .
I have an iphone
and an Imac .....

IMG_3221.jpeg

IMG_3240.jpeg

IMG_3228.jpeg

IMG_3224.jpeg

IMG_3242.jpeg

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Skylightica said:

@Paul Panait That looks NICE!!! Once I'm better at riding, I'd like to make a case than can expose more of the Zero as well. I haven't been able to find your type of weatherstripping yet, but seeing your photos makes me want to renew my search. I noticed you removed the rubber on the bottom half of the Zero's side, and around the white centre strip. Yet the centre strip is still perfectly clean. You must be skilled to not drop it on the center strip.

What kind of glue/tape did you use? You managed to remove it cleanly!

Also, can you get enough friction to jump?

I used 3m dubbele sided tape. Its came the protection rubber that is kinda for the  airwheel. Dont know if its the real thing from airwheel. But i also removed it and first the protection rubber tears. Then the dubbele sided tape is still on. But with a lil bit of peeling and nails it wil come off. Will leave a just a lil bit of glue, but with a lil bit of water its off. Hope it helps

1 hour ago, SlowMo said:

I added some car liners to my Zero to give it added protection from drops and bumps.

2zxrrt4.jpg  2rwm6mg.jpg

The car lining is a nice touch. The pedals will scratch anyway if you practice sharp corners. And the protection will peel off. I keep om adding stickers on them since they are visible only if the wheel is packed. Also it give a bit of extra personality.