IPS ZERO

John Eucist

people! What is you top speed on the ips zero? I have the 240 battery version and i think that its the battery or mine riding style that i cant hit close to 30kmph. mine top was 22kmph on a straight road with hard tires. i use the unlocked app for droid. its allready set to max 30kmph.

@Colestien I'm glad to hear that, thanks! I'm aiming to get those tricks one day. Weight and height is an advantage riding, jumping, and carrying the Ninebots and the big Gotways. The Zero on me is heavier than the 9B on nearly everyone else. These are silly proportions!

@ThatCharlieDude Thanks! I did 2-3 hours in 10-15 minutes chunks at home and another 2 hour session in that hallway at the end of which I took the video. 

On 4/8/2015 at 2:38 PM, Jason McNeil said:
Noi, WheelGo.com, siamo ferr il principale distributore Europeo di IPS per circa un anno e mezzo. I Prodotti IPS primo, vieni l'originale 101, i200, e 111, AVEVA ALCUNI Difetti Piuttosto SIGNIFICATIVI, ma dal 2012 (IPS erano 2 ° nel Gioco eWheel, rilasciando il Loro primo prodotto solista Una questione di mesi DOPO Solowheel) i Loro prodotti have been Progressivamente raggiungendo un Più alto Livello di qualità. In contrasto con Airwheel, IPS si Sono Concentrati su prodotti singolo ruote, offrendo Una gamma di eWheels con ALCUNE PRESTAZIONI Specifiche e decenti.

Storicamente Hanno Preso la Loro filosofia di Progettazione tecnica da Solowheel, credendo sub-20kph & pedale-tilt-back chiave di Programmazione per Prevenire Oltre Velocità ritagli, ad un prezzo di Che E Intorno La Meta Di quella della Solowheel S300 / classico ma con il doppio della gamma. 

La Zero IPS e Una Partenza da this Conservatorismo Sara interessante VEDERE se la qualità della Zero tiene all'altezza delle Aspettative. Ci Sono Stato Così tante delusioni con eWheels con grandi Aspettative in Passato testimone Fastwheel Eva (Piuttosto mediocre), Ninebot One (@ 14 , Pratico 2 kg non molto), WindRider (vedi Discussione FB ...), Che le Probabilità di un perfetto 30kph, sub-10kg eWheel, E Molto tutt'altro Che Certo. Detto this, l'IPS Hanno l'Esperienza e le Risorse per FORNIRE Tariffa this disegno ambizioso, DIRA tempo il solista .... 

. Qui di Seguito Sono ALCUNE delle Domande Che ho messo nel mio Rappresentante di vendita, del Zero e le Loro Risposte Risposta da IPS Vendite Contattare:

. La notizia nuovo Zero IPS e del sempre un sacco di forum ATTENZIONE sui Monociclo elettrica Sareste a Grado di trasmettere QUESTE Domande al gruppo di ingegneria?  / IPS: Certo, grazie Molto per il Vostro Sostegno.

1. Fino a poco tempo l'IPS AVEVA Preso in considerazione di Andare sopra 20kph Un po 'rischioso. E soggetto a motore ritagli di Che Cosa del Hanno FATTO IPS per ridurre Al of this Rischio Di Di Di Di Minimo?  / IPS: Ora la Velocità di Punta della nostra Monociclo E 30 Chilometri all'ora, i Clienti possono regulating the Velocità massima (15-30km) when  in sella su 50-100km, al bene di proteggere i Clienti di sicuro.
  2. ? Ha il pedale-tilt-back impedisce all'utente di equitazione Al di là di Velocità 30kph  / IPS: when la 24kpm Velocità Arrivano Silla, il pedale iniziano Ricordano pilota. 
  3. . Mozzafiato L'Aspetto? Della Zero E Ah IPS impiegano progettista Famoso un di Progettare le eWheel  / IPS: Haha, progettista E Anche Il Nostro.
  4. Ci Sono ALCUNI Che Dicono Che ha molte somiglianze in apparenza al Ninebot Uno. Che cosa IPS Hanno da dire su this? / IPS: OGNI marca ha la SUA Caratteristica, siamo Progettare i prodotti Secondo La Domanda del Mercato.
  5. Al Momento, le Specifiche Sono costruite Intorno a 132Wh 260Wh e Versioni. La versione maggiore Capacità DEVE contenere 32 celle, con le cellule di maggiore Capacità, dovrebbe Essere in Grado di Raggiungere 350Wh e oltre. Ci Sono Piani per rilasciare also Una versione maggiore Capacità Cosi?  / IPS: versione capienza di Zero Contiene 32 celle, se vi e una richiesta di 350wh, POSSIAMO Tariffa la Produzione, ma in quantita elevare.
  6. Fa lo Zero Avere la BMS Integrato nel Controllo di Bordo, Venire TUTTI GLI altri modelli Hanno IPS?  / IPS: Si, lo FA.
  7. La potenza 800W, e la présente SPECIFICHE Potere sostenuta?  / IPS:  Sì, lo e.
  8. E OGNI motore Testato individualmente Venire Altri Produttori Stanno iniziando Tariffa Una?  / IPS:  Si, prima di Tariffa la Produzione, OGNI esigenza motore Testato da Dipendente professionale, si Prega di non preoccuparti per this.
  9. ? Ore Quante di prova e di QA Sono Andati Nello Sviluppo Delle Zero  / IPS: E 'un Lungo Periodo di Tempo, ecco lo lo lo lo lo lo lo lo lo lo lo zero ha Testato 3 Volte, OGNI volta, Quando Il Campione i Pronto , Il Nostro tecnico mettera alla prova e trovare il PROBLEMA E Poi Risolvere il Problema, Tutti Noi VOGLIAMO Tariffa prodotto un Diverso per i Clienti.
cleardot.gif

On 4/8/2015 at 2:38 PM, Jason McNeil said:

I wanted to know if anyone knows if they fit the wheels learning ninebot one for IPS zero

I got some battery level updates after I took a day just to run battery tests on ips zero 130wh. 

Rider: 70kg

Original Tyre inflate to 4bar

Outside temp: 3° C .

Ground: regular bike lane tarmac/ asphalt and only 800m forest trail. 

Battery charged 100% and voltage 65.5V. 

Test 1:

Average speed 13kph top speed 15kph. 

Distance: 9 km On one charge. 

I have noticed that the Voltage drops in the same time with the batery level. When have reached 3% the voltage 54.40V. Stoped at 1 stop light for 1 min. 

Test 2 same day same conditions:

Average speed 23kph top speed 29kph. 

Distance: 3.7km On one charge. Voltage dropped to 54.40V battery level 3%.

I have completely stopped for 5 min and the battery level regenerate from 5% voltage 55.3 V to 49% voltage 57.88V. 

Rode again on average speed 23kph and top speed 25kph for 1.8km more on the same charge. Battery dropped significantly to 3% again. 

Full stop for 7 min. Battery level went back to 30% and rode again 1.⚀ km with average speed 23kph top speed 25km. 

When the battery was depleted, every time it  start beeping long and lift the pedals gradually to almost 55°. At this point you slide down from the pedals. Impossible to accelarate more and it requires a huge effort just to stand on it. It runs for 250m more then while reduces the speed to a full stop. 

Now the grounding noise is generated by very fast accelarating and over leaning and the wheel can't keep up.

It appears specially uphill, grass, very fast accelerating and low battery level. 

It is super dangerous at very low speeds since the body doesn't have the time to readjust. At higher speeds ( 13kph and above) the noise can last for 3 seconds and it feels like a sudden brake, however if you stop accelarating the wheel catches up with the body, therefore you regain the balance. 

Every time I face planted because of this ( 1 time see video above in the first pages) it happen at very low speed and 5 times I had to let the wheel go and  I could just run forward it happened as well at low speed. At higher speeds you hear it and have time to react, but not in the case of very fast accelarating since the whole body is leaned forward and then you fly like superman. 

Once you get used and know when this appears it's easy to prevent it. I have generated this in "controled" environment myself in the last 100km. 

Also another point: I have made a belt strap with cable to connect the handle of the wheel to my belt and is about 90cm long. It has proved super efficient when I had to brake very hard on wet tarmac because a kid runned in front of me on the bike lane. Due to the fast braking the wheel slide from under me and I stood my ground but since it was connected to my belt it never touched the kid. If anything would have happened I could not live with myself. Specially because of the damage that this can do to a small child or an older person ( I'm a parent and I would kill a bastard that would hit my child because he was not paying attention)

8 hours ago, Stefano Verdesi said:

I wanted to know if anyone knows if they fit the wheels learning ninebot one for IPS zero

No you can't attach them to the pedals. Also they are a bad idea and prolongs the learning curbe. Just get close to a side bar and try to learn how to accelarate and then get a friend to hold on to. Try to lean as little as possible on him and then get going :) 

Climbing elegant on it will be the hardest part. It took me 356 tries for one foot. :) patience is a virtue

Ps: did anybody found/ installed amother tyre with more studs/ wider on ips zero?  If yes what model and where did you get it?

• Upvote 3

Hello everyone. 

I am very excited to say that I received my IPS zero 340 today!!! It took almost a mont to get it, but considering the holidays and such, I'm just happy it did't get flagged under the dangerous hoverboard issue....

i will definitely be posting some videos soon! I just wanted to share a quick pic of my previous uni and this one. I am very impressed with the design, shape, looks, everything pretty much!!

i have to say that runrui from iamips was very good to deal with. He kept checking on the shipping status and sending me updates. It shows they are customer oriented.

my brothere bought an Lhotz in australia from Tony and had no issues with him either, so I don't know who would be better to buy from. In my opinion, dealing directly with the manufacturer was better.

image.jpg

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Cloud said:

Cobgrats on the great wheel. Looking at the Zero i often get tempted myself' and then i recall that with my 100kg my wheel options are limited)

Cloud, I'm at 90kg, and never had an issue with the previous one. It had a 300w motor and 130wh battery. Advertised top speed on the other one was 18 km/h, with my configuration I was getting 15km/h... And I usually carry a 5kg backpack...  Don't discourage from getting one! 

Great!! I hope to see more people who are new to EUCs like me! We can exchange tips on learning to ride. I've squeezed in 20mins here and there.. trying to do 30mins on a daily basis when I find the time. (I have to go to apartment basement-2 parking to practise) So far, I've probably gotten a total of about 2 hours on the Zero. I'm mounting decently and am finally learning to balance the EUC. So here's 2 little things I will add for those NEW to EUCs.

1. Try not to use a wall or railing too much. You become dependent on it and your confidence (without the wall) is critical for learning quickly! Let me illustrate this clearly to you using myself as example. When I ride with the right side of my body nearer the wall, I ride better... can do 5-10 meters before having to stop. BUT when I ride with the wall on the left side of my body.. I often am forced to stop after 3-5m due to losing balance. Can you guess why? It's simple.. I am a right-hander and have more confidence in catching myself with the right hand. As a result, I am more confident when riding with the wall on right side and hence can ride better!! This is so obvious its not funny! Our psychology is very powerful and your confidence can affect how well you do and how quickly you learn. I suggest relying on the wall minimally. Once you can start moving.. try to stay away from the walls as much as possible!

2. Balancing isn't as simple as OK, let's just shift body weight. Unlike on the bicycle where your weight is on the seat and hence body-weight is key to balance, you stand on an EUC and so it's really your feet doing the balancing. This may not sound right but you can actually affect your balance by pushing on the footrest. Yes, its actually your body weight still but you control it via your feet. So don't just stand on it and try to shift your weight around using the upperbody... actually use your feet to push the footrest!

Newbie tips but hey the tips are freshest coming from one newbie to another. The guys who have it naturalized can never really recall how they do it exactly to describe it. :D

Edited by playdad
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, playdad said:

Great!! I hope to see more people who are new to EUCs like me! We can exchange tips on learning to ride. I've squeezed in 20mins here and there.. trying to do 30mins on a daily basis when I find the time. (I have to go to apartment basement-2 parking to practise) So far, I've probably gotten a total of about 2 hours on the Zero. I'm mounting decently and am finally learning to balance the EUC. So here's 2 little things I will add for those NEW to EUCs.

1. Try not to use a wall or railing too much. You become dependent on it and your confidence (without the wall) is critical for learning quickly! Let me illustrate this clearly to you using myself as example. When I ride with the right side of my body nearer the wall, I ride better... can do 5-10 meters before having to stop. BUT when I ride with the wall on the left side of my body.. I often am forced to stop after 3-5m due to losing balance. Can you guess why? It's simple.. I am a right-hander and have more confidence in catching myself with the right hand. As a result, I am more confident when riding with the wall on right side and hence can ride better!! This is so obvious its not funny! Our psychology is very powerful and your confidence can affect how well you do and how quickly you learn. I suggest relying on the wall minimally. Once you can start moving.. try to stay away from the walls as much as possible!

2. Balancing isn't as simple as OK, let's just shift body weight. Unlike on the bicycle where your weight is on the seat and hence body-weight is key to balance, you stand on an EUC and so it's really your feet doing the balancing. This may not sound right but you can actually affect your balance by pushing on the footrest. Yes, its actually your body weight still but you control it via your feet. So don't just stand on it and try to shift your weight around using the upperbody... actually use your feet to push the footrest!

Newbie tips but hey the tips are freshest coming from one newbie to another. The guys who have it naturalized can never really recall how they do it exactly to describe it. :D

So now that you have the Zero could you please tell us your thoughts?

On 1/6/2016 at 0:54 PM, Paul Panait said:

I got some battery level updates after I took a day just to run battery tests on ips zero 130wh. 

Rider: 70kg

Original Tyre inflate to 4bar

Outside temp: 3° C .

Ground: regular bike lane tarmac/ asphalt and only 800m forest trail. 

Battery charged 100% and voltage 65.5V. 

Test 1:

Average speed 13kph top speed 15kph. 

Distance: 9 km On one charge. 

I have noticed that the Voltage drops in the same time with the batery level. When have reached 3% the voltage 54.40V. Stoped at 1 stop light for 1 min. 

Test 2 same day same conditions:

Average speed 23kph top speed 29kph. 

Distance: 3.7km On one charge. Voltage dropped to 54.40V battery level 3%.

I have completely stopped for 5 min and the battery level regenerate from 5% voltage 55.3 V to 49% voltage 57.88V. 

Rode again on average speed 23kph and top speed 25kph for 1.8km more on the same charge. Battery dropped significantly to 3% again. 

Full stop for 7 min. Battery level went back to 30% and rode again 1.⚀ km with average speed 23kph top speed 25km. 

When the battery was depleted, every time it  start beeping long and lift the pedals gradually to almost 55°. At this point you slide down from the pedals. Impossible to accelarate more and it requires a huge effort just to stand on it. It runs for 250m more then while reduces the speed to a full stop. 

Now the grounding noise is generated by very fast accelarating and over leaning and the wheel can't keep up.

It appears specially uphill, grass, very fast accelerating and low battery level. 

It is super dangerous at very low speeds since the body doesn't have the time to readjust. At higher speeds ( 13kph and above) the noise can last for 3 seconds and it feels like a sudden brake, however if you stop accelarating the wheel catches up with the body, therefore you regain the balance. 

Every time I face planted because of this ( 1 time see video above in the first pages) it happen at very low speed and 5 times I had to let the wheel go and  I could just run forward it happened as well at low speed. At higher speeds you hear it and have time to react, but not in the case of very fast accelarating since the whole body is leaned forward and then you fly like superman. 

Once you get used and know when this appears it's easy to prevent it. I have generated this in "controled" environment myself in the last 100km. 

Thanks for doing the battery depletion tests. Your review gives us some assurance to go further and not be too afraid of low battery levels. Normally when we see the battery level go yellow, we start to head back and call it a day.

Edited by SlowMo

Hey guys,

Hopefully someone can help.  My IPS Zero is not charging anymore.  The little red light on the charger doesn't turn on.  

I turn the wheel on and it doesn't respond.  Now I have a week off and want to ride it, it's broken :(

The last time I put it on charge it still had 95% left.  Of course it turned it off.  My guess is, the battery depleted itself without charging.  I bought it here on the forum so I don't have any guarantee.  That's not so bad but I want my wheel fixed :(

Any ideas please...?

Edit: Discard this message.  It's fixed.  Don't know what happened.  Maybe I used another charger.  But now I used the original charger and it charged and functioning again! :D

Edited by Chanfan

5 hours ago, Chanfan said:

Hey guys,

Hopefully someone can help.  My IPS Zero is not charging anymore.  The little red light on the charger doesn't turn on.  

I turn the wheel on and it doesn't respond.  Now I have a week off and want to ride it, it's broken :(

The last time I put it on charge it still had 95% left.  Of course it turned it off.  My guess is, the battery depleted itself without charging.  I bought it here on the forum so I don't have any guarantee.  That's not so bad but I want my wheel fixed :(

Any ideas please...?

@csmyers had opened his Zero before and could help you troubleshoot. @micro could also help.

http://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/748-ips-zero/?do=findComment&comment=15814

Edited by SlowMo

Hello friends,

I'm stil new on this forums. I already mentioned on the general tab that i ordered a zero.

I also had a confirmation that the unit is shipped. I guess i still have too wait 2 or 3 weeks before it finally arrives and then the fun begins. :)

On 8/2/2015 at 10:17 PM, Gabriel said:
On 11/5/2015 at 0:28 AM, SlowMo said:

Try to send amessage to

runrui.meng@iamips.com

Hello,

Following a discussion with IPS.  It seems that this new model will be available from middle of August onwards. Price is not known yet. 

since this fellow is from ips so there will be no prob with the warranty/replacement?