IPS ZERO

John Eucist

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Paul Panait said:

Had 900km and the app reset again to zero and max speed 20km. 

Grrrr

Look into the bright side. The app only resets the mileage and does not cause internal damage to the motherboard. :)

51 minutes ago, Paul Panait said:

Yes, true that. But I'm looking again for the ? app but can't find it. 

I remember that somebody posted it here on this thread. If you pop into the open one... Could you share it again :)?

Ok, I found it. Please check the post below:

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/3/2016 at 0:08 PM, SlowMo said:

It seems that this table is for fault troubleshooting by IPS technicians?

Yes it is

Unpleasant experience with my IPS zero 340

- The unicycle shut down for a moment. I was cruising at 15Km/h

At first fro a second a roaring sound and then I flipped backwards. Gyroscopes did not work for a second or so.

Hurt my self real bad although I was wearing protection.

Anybody having the same experience, what might be the origin of this failure ?

• Upvote 1

On 3/21/2016 at 5:48 AM, IPS zero driver said:

Unpleasant experience with my IPS zero 340

- The unicycle shut down for a moment. I was cruising at 15Km/h

At first fro a second a roaring sound and then I flipped backwards. Gyroscopes did not work for a second or so.

Hurt my self real bad although I was wearing protection.

Anybody having the same experience, what might be the origin of this failure ?

After close to 200km on my IPS Zero 340, exact same thing happened to me today for the first time. I had been riding pretty fast and hadn't stopped for a couple of miles. Leather gloves did their job, very mild scrape on elbow (wearing long sleeves) after fall on gentle but steady uphill slope. Checked my app afterward and battery showed 22 percent. After about 20 seconds of waiting, battery level jumped back up to 60 percent. Got a little warning "hiccup" (loss of power) about a minute earlier but kind of ignored it. Won't do that again. I figured I pushed it too hard for too long, then the gentle uphill climb sapped my power, and when I asked for a bit more more, I got the ground instead.

• Upvote 3

47 minutes ago, who_the said:

After close to 200km on my IPS Zero 340, exact same thing happened to me today for the first time. I had been riding pretty fast and hadn't stopped for a couple of miles. Leather gloves did their job, very mild scrape on elbow (wearing long sleeves) after fall on gentle but steady uphill slope. Checked my app afterward and battery showed 22 percent. After about 20 seconds of waiting, battery level jumped back up to 60 percent. Got a little warning "hiccup" (loss of power) about a minute earlier but kind of ignored it. Won't do that again. I figured I pushed it too hard for too long, then the gentle uphill climb sapped my power, and when I asked for a bit more more, I got the ground instead.

It's like drinking alcohol... there should be a saying like "ride moderately". :)

• Upvote 1

Does anyone have the problem that the battery isn't charging to full? When I got it it charged only to 81%, now after a month it goes to 86% but never till the full? I also wrote to Tony who recommended to check the voltage of all elements but it seemed right. I have Zero 340.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sander said:

Does anyone have the problem that the battery isn't charging to full? When I got it it charged only to 81%, now after a month it goes to 86% but never till the full? I also wrote to Tony who recommended to check the voltage of all elements but it seemed right. I have Zero 340.

Yes the reading on the app reaches only to around 65.57 volts. If it is real, then it is the best way to prolong the useful life of the battery pack.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SlowMo said:

Yes the reading on the app reaches only to around 65.57 volts. If it is real, then it is the best way to prolong the useful life of the battery pack.

...as long as the BMS starts balancing the cells before hitting almost full 67.2(ish) volts.

7 hours ago, esaj said:

...as long as the BMS starts balancing the cells before hitting almost full 67.2(ish) volts.

The IPS app never reaches even to 66 volts. It reads 100% charged at 65.57+ even when letting the charge stay after sometime. I tried to increase the voltage of the charger but it gave only a bit o increase to 65.68 to volts. @zlymex says the app is giving incorrect information. So I am thinking that I should have not fiddled with the charger and let it charge with the factory settings.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Guys, quick question.

I am trying to do jumps (over bumps etc) and stuff now with the EUC. Problem is the ZERO unlike many other EUCs... doesn't have that padding for your shin to grab. Isn't this a problem for most of you who attempt to jump? I am finding a lack of "something" to grip with the shins/calves.

• 2 weeks later...

Battery charge blocked at 80%. Is your ips zero new?

When mine is in charge,  I cannot turn it on and the bluetooth is off, no way to know the charge level in progress. And when the wheel is on, after starting the charge, it is not possible to turn it off. What about yours?  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, HIPPO said:

Battery charge blocked at 80%. Is your ips zero new?

When mine is in charge,  I cannot turn it on and the bluetooth is off, no way to know the charge level in progress. And when the wheel is on, after starting the charge, it is not possible to turn it off. What about yours?  

Could be a safety precaution.

I have an IPS Lhotz and T680+, and if I'm not mistaken somewhere in one of the manual (or was it the reseller that told me?) it says that you should not switch it on when charging.

Don't ask me why.  But it seems a good idea not to have the motor idling when charging for hours.