IPS ZERO

John Eucist

As I said in the previous one, I tried today to understand when oncoming low voltage, and as you can see from the photos in a slight uphill appeared when the battery still gave 59% subiito after also in the plains did it to repeat itself further after. I was resting but after two kilometers reiterated it.
these are the photos.
Someone can tell me if practical depends on batteries and do you have to ask for replacement ... I ZERO from 'January 18

IMG_3298.jpeg

IMG_3299.jpeg

IMG_3301.jpeg

IMG_3305.jpg

IMG_3307.jpeg

IMG_3308.jpeg

The "% Battery" has no meaning. There is no Ah-meter in the firmware programmed. Go to "Setting" and look at the battery voltage. In case it is lower than 60V you should be careful.

The voltage value in the setting does not actualize, that is, go back to the main screen and then back to "Setting" in order to have it updated.

Edited by micro
  • Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

I noticed on my Zero for example. The app sees the remaining capacity as 28%. Then it goes to around 31-33% when running.

This is more evident on smaller batteries. I could see this effect even on 680 and 840 batteries, but these days ive been riding on a 340 battery and this has a much bigger effect, which is to be expected. Battery can go from 80% down to 40 and then back up to 80 after you wait., especially if you are heavy and ride at higher speeds

• Upvote 1

As I said in the previous one, I tried today to understand when oncoming low voltage, and as you can see from the photos in a slight uphill appeared when the battery still gave 59% subiito after also in the plains did it to repeat itself further after. I was resting but after two kilometers reiterated it.
these are the photos.

Look well the engine power of pictures and percentage battery
Someone can tell me if practical depends on batteries and do you have to ask for replacement ... I ZERO from 'January 18

IMG_3307.jpeg

IMG_3308.jpeg

IMG_3298.jpeg

IMG_3299.jpeg

IMG_3301.jpeg

IMG_3305.jpg

6 minutes ago, micro said:

Why do some of you still believe in this "capacity" value? A capacity never jumps up, and it decreases only very slowly when a normal current flows.

That's why I am wondering why the app gives increased values when running. I was thinking it may be regenerating.

Edited by SlowMo

16 hours ago, Paul Panait said:

Hi 

Recently my euc start making the Warning beep at 22kph and also seems to adjust the tilt at this speed. I couldn't reach 30kph anymore. Feels like  going to fall soon. Also it's more noisy. 

Does any of you noticed this as well? 

Yes, after 23km/h Zero is beeping continuously and it seems like euc is trying to stop me. I'm not a racing driver. Usually, my speed is 15-20km/h

I haven't noticed that euc is more noisy.

Also, I was riding in the rain yesterday and today. I hadn't any problems. 

• Upvote 1

after 166 km perhaps a slight increase in noise is imperceptible, but there is increased the hum of when is still..brr, brr light. Perhaps the bearings took a bit dusty.
Today esempip I drove fast ascents descents + off-road and the battery has behaved better I did 15 km and was still at 50% without giving me low voltage
Ba !!! . perhaps because yesterday to clean the 'I moved causing it to jump on the wheel and possibly as old televisions work better. haaa haa

I think the software has a problem. An update is required. 

When you ride fast or uphill, the battery indicator gives the battery capacity for that riding mode. The battery capacity will increase if you go slower or downhill. Everything is normal about that. The strange thing is that the battery indicator can go from 20% to 60% within a few minutes.  Does another wheel have that behavior?  

I use or used ninebot, gotway mcm4, dolphin one D5. None of them functions this way.  You can recover 15% or 20 % in changing riding mode but not 40%.  With my other wheels,  when you change riding mode,  you recover right away the new battery capacity.  The zero needs a few minutes to adjust, even to start again. 

52 minutes ago, Niko said:

Using the generic meaning of capacity as capability, then it very much depends on temperature and the recent load history and can for this reason "jump" up or or go down at least as quickly as temperature can fall or rise. Similar holds for the voltage delivered from the battery, which is AFAIC used to measure remaining "capacity".

Yes, I can measure my capability with an ampere hour meter AFAICT :)

On 2/8/2016 at 11:23 PM, micro said:

Yes, I can measure my capability with an ampere hour meter AFAICT :)

but not really your remaining or current capacity/capability, AFAICS :) 

Edited by Mono

Today under braking I went away from under your feet ... almost did not stop ... it went well ... after I tried again and the brakes less toward the power button ... as I said there is no difference of stability both ways ... someone knows explain what it depends !!!

Hello Zero owners!
Seems that IPS Zero would be the best choice for my daugthers next EUC. It has good range, 20km/h long term possible, lightweight. And I'm also impressed about IPS quality / Lhotz model. But... since Zero casing pearches so low, significantly below axle hight, there will be no change to lift the casing in order to free up some extra space for the tire. Either for studs to stock tire, or for Vee73-made thicker knobbed tire. Can't really use Zero if this mod isn't plausible. Thus I need info about stock tire and case, if anyone could please make some measurement:
- how wide the stock tire actually is?
- how thick is the tread?
- how much space it has between casing and tire?
Thanks allready :)

10 hours ago, THA said:

Ciao Zero proprietari!
Sembra che IPS Zero sarebbe la scelta migliore per i miei prossimi daugthers EUC. Ha una buona gamma, 20 chilometri all'ora lungo termine possibile, leggero. E sono anche impressionato IPS qualità / modello Lhotz. Ma ... dato che pearches involucro Zero così basso, significativamente al di sotto Hight assale, non ci sarà alcun cambiamento per sollevare il corpo in modo da liberare spazio in più per il pneumatico. Sia per la chiodatura a magazzino dei pneumatici, o per Vee73 fatti in gomma knobbed più spessa. Non può davvero usare Zero se questo mod non è plausibile. Così ho bisogno di informazioni su magazzino dei pneumatici e caso, se qualcuno potesse si prega di fare un po 'di misura:
-? La larghezza dello stock di pneumatici è in realtà
? - Lo spessore è il battistrada
? - Quanto spazio si ha tra il rivestimento e il pneumatico
Grazie giá:)

IMG_3326.jpeg

IMG_3328.jpeg

IMG_3329.jpeg

IMG_3330.jpeg

IMG_3331.jpeg

IMG_3333.jpg

• Upvote 1