IPS ZERO

John Eucist

Has anyone done the "lift test" on the ZERO?

15 minutes ago, John Eucist said:

I posted the following back in November 4th.  This wheel is not made to go faster than 20 km/h.  If it shuts down at 28 km/h under no load (lift test) it is not surprising for it to cut out on you at around 25 km/h if you had the over-speed tilt-back disabled.  Wish you a speedy recovery!

Quote: MCM4, at the highest speed tilt-back setting, tilts back at 20 km/h (inflated to "24 km/h" in the app).  In a lift test the motor shuts at 28 km/h ("33 km/h" in app).  With KS14-800W the motor shuts at 41 km/h in the same lift test.  Tilt can be programmed in at as high as 32 km/h with the app.  These are the hard figures.  I don't want to burn any bridges but I'll just say that I am not keeping my MCM4.

Original comment link:
http://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/1566-photo-gotway-mcm4-vs-king-song-14-inch-800w-physical-comparison/?page=2#comment-17706

Well well... seems IPS (or maybe JD) updated their sales page for the ZERO on JD.com

http://item.jd.com/2025762.html

Strangely enough.. now it shows 260wh on the specs! (after IPS official website changed to 120/240) And I think they're trying to put a new tag on it that says "premium" or something like that. There's now mention of the BMS chip and throwing around brands like Intersil and Maxim etc. The app will unlock 30km/h when the rider has accomplished 50km mileage. Tiltback seems to be at 25km/h.

Edited by playdad

On 12/21/2015 at 9:07 PM, Skylightica said:

If you have a Zero that's been though a lot, could you post a picture so I can get an idea of where the case needs to be reinforced? Thanks a ton!

Sorry for the late reply! My Zero's case has been absolutely trashed, but it still runs perfectly. Let me attach some photos.

I sort of embraced the state of disrepair it's in and added some stickers from my skateboarding days. Makes it look well used rather than abused.

http://imgur.com/a/zl9Zc

Edited by csmyers
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, csmyers said:

Sorry for the late reply! My Zero's case has been absolutely trashed, but it still runs perfectly. Let me attach some photos.

I sort of embraced the state of disrepair it's in and added some stickers from my skateboarding days. Makes it look well used rather than abused.

Now is the time to put protective black padding all around your Zero :D

1 hour ago, csmyers said:

This is amazing and in such high quality - it's just what I was looking for! Thank you so much!!

4 hours ago, Skylightica said:

This is amazing and in such high quality - it's just what I was looking for! Thank you so much!!

No problem! Let me know if you need anything else.

5 hours ago, SlowMo said:

Now is the time to put protective black padding all around your Zero :D

I think it's a little too late for that! :unsure:

• Upvote 1

I finished the case! Details are in the video description. Comments are appreciated. Thanks for the help!
(p.s., I also have a roll of hard rubber that you put under exercise equipment in case this isn't enough, but I think it will be enough).

IMG_0228_.jpg

IMG_0229_.jpg

IMG_0232_.jpg

Edited by Skylightica
Embedded the video
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Skylightica said:

I finished the case! Details are in the video description. Comments are appreciated. Thanks for the help!
(p.s., I also have a roll of hard rubber that you put under exercise equipment in case this isn't enough, but I think it will be enough).

Very nicely done! I like the Pedal enclosure the most since the bottom of the pedals are the ones mostly scratched. One point though, maybe you can add some holes to show the lighting effects What material is that and where could we buy it?.

23 hours ago, SlowMo said:

Very nicely done! I like the Pedal enclosure the most since the bottom of the pedals are the ones mostly scratched. One point though, maybe you can add some holes to show the lighting effects What material is that and where could we buy it?.

Any kind of foam can be used. I found my two non-slip shelf liners in hardware section and the kitchen section.

I covered the lighting for protection and relative inconspicuousness (ironic preference, haha!). Holes are possible, but it's difficult because transparent plastic can't be stretched or compressed into rounded curves like foam could. I prefer foam for protection because there are no hard edges. It also looks quite nice.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Skylightica said:

Any kind of foam can be used. I found my two non-slip shelf liners in hardware section and the kitchen section.

I covered the lighting for protection and relative inconspicuousness (ironic preference, haha!). Holes are possible, but it's difficult because transparent plastic can't be stretched or compressed into rounded curves like foam could. I prefer foam for protection because there are no hard edges. It also looks quite nice.

I officially declare Skylightica my dream lady...

1. Likes riding on EUC

2. Protects EUC with beautiful custom solution she designed

3. Loves her EUC

ps. I only declare it on this forum and not to my wife

Edited by playdad

2 minutes ago, playdad said:

I officially declare Skylightica my dream lady...

1. Likes riding on EUC

2. Protects EUC with custom solution she designed

3. Loves her EUC

ps. I only declare it on this forum and not to my wife

Now I know why your handle is @playdad :lol: Gonna tell the wife.

@SlowMo

Shouldn't you be busy on your new Gotway MCM4-HS? Seriously, where do you find the time to post on this forum when you got that many EUCs? :rolleyes: Are you voice-typing your posts while reading them on a Google Glass AND riding your Gotway at the same time?

Edited by playdad

4 hours ago, Skylightica said:

@playdad AhaHAHAhahaha. These low standards evidence that women are sorely lacking in this community! Women -- please come play this way too!

I finished up my own "protective padding" for the Zero. But I'm probably not going to post it here because of how ugly it looks compared to Sky's. LOL :lol: I just wanted to stick that stuff on and get going!

@Skylightica

Well, you do have beautiful hands too. ;) We definitely need more ladies here! Wait... did you just say I have low standards? :(

Edited by playdad