EUCs @ CES 2017

Michael Vu

Image result for lewis hamilton on ninebot

That is Lewis Hamilton, riding a Ninebot. He is a celebrity ( 3 time Formula One racing champion). Even with this celebrity  riding a EUC, somehow world didn't notice EUCs. Sad. BTW I'm selling my Ninebot, the same one like he is using. Anyone interested?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎19‎.‎01‎.‎2017 at 2:09 AM, Marty Backe said:

I just bought the 84v ACM from Speedyfeet. Even including 2 day international shipping his prices are better than anywhere else (that I know of). I bought my MSuper from him too.

Didn't you also order a 22" Monster from him??? I thought i heard that on a Video frum Duf(Euc Army)....Would love to hear a Report from you on the Monster.... :-)

Ian is definitly great, his customer service is unbeatable and his Prices are good, especially for an European seller and also very especially for the Gotways/ACM 84V.

But if you really want to save some bucks there is no way around a seller on aliexpress....An example? Cheapest Option to buy a KS18 1200W 1360wh in europe is 2000Euro, and that only because they are Clearing their warehouses for the to be expected 2000Watt KS18....

Before the cheapest Price was about 2200 Euro...exact the same machine on aliexpress i can get for 1300 Euro, including Transport, all custum fee's, buyer protection, that all from a reputable seller where i a allready buy 2 wheels......(and that Price is even before asking for a Discount, which also can be reached)

For someone like me, who is extremly in this Hobby, this Price difference of just paying less than 2/3 is then no question. A newbie i would shurely allways direct to a nearby seller with knowledge in the case of a Problem...but for us "Freaks"? ;-)

Ok, On Gotways the Price difference is often not that extreme high, but if you do a  good seach and discuss some discounts, you still can reach about 70-75% of the "nearby" sellers.....

For the "Popularity":

In my Country -Germany- beside the learning factor - most People here are Held back by law....you are in General not allowed to drive this kind of vehicle in "official road traffic" or on sideways!

"officially" you are only allowed to use them on private ground.....

Here in Germany the General opinion of something is: If it is not especially allowed by written law.....it must be forbidden.

In other european countries(example France)(or parts of asia) it is more: If it is not especially Forbidden ...it is allowed! Thats a big difference!

So as we have nearly no EUC meatings here in Germany...in France/Paris there are EUC Meetings of up to 200!!! Drivers....so my hope is that France is inspiring the European Union buerocrats to allow EUC's more generally, to get some more driving Partners here in Germany also....Hope dies at last :-(

Please excuse for this Long offtopic rant....has nothing to do with CES2017 :-)

32 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Didn't you also order a 22" Monster from him??? I thought i heard that on a Video frum Duf(Euc Army)....Would love to hear a Report from you on the Monster.... :-)

Yeah, I went a little crazy on Wednesday and bought the new ACM and Monster. I have a problem and may need help:(

39 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Yeah, I went a little crazy on Wednesday and bought the new ACM and Monster. I have a problem and may need help:(

I can give you my adress and can take care for the ACM for you ;-) no problem to help!

congrats!!!!

i am just waiting for the new Ks18....than i will also order again...totally understand that crazy ness:-)

really looking forward to see a comparison for the monster from an experienced 14/16/18 inch driver! (Who is no seller) Especially torque and acceleration wise!

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

No you don't you just have some of the best wheels made.  Now I wonder if Gotway will make a Super Monster.

Where did you get that Gotway decal for your helmet, great riding video you posted of the three Gotways.  That decal looks good, I would like to put one on my helmet that says Ninebot.

1 hour ago, steve454 said:

Where did you get that Gotway decal for your helmet, great riding video you posted of the three Gotways.  That decal looks good, I would like to put one on my helmet that says Ninebot.

Thanks :)  It's not a decal. I painted the helmet. I made a stencil on the computer, attached the stencil to the helmet, and spray painted it with gold paint.

10 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I made a stencil on the computer,

Stencil, of course:facepalm:  It looks great, and is good for letting people know what you are riding.  Your group rides are making a lot more people aware of EUC's, like in the video people would say they want one, or where can they rent one.:thumbup:

20 hours ago, steve454 said:

Stencil, of course:facepalm:  It looks great, and is good for letting people know what you are riding.  Your group rides are making a lot more people aware of EUC's, like in the video people would say they want one, or where can they rent one.:thumbup:

I'm really hoping that this year I'll be able to coordinate some group rides with more than 6 people. It's looking doable since as of now I know of 8 people in the area.

On 2017-01-20 at 9:00 AM, Marty Backe said:

Hey @Marty Backe Congrats on the Monster.  I have a  Monster 2400 on order as well.  I got mine from ridetheglide in Canada.  Great people as well and may save you some shipping in the future.  Their prices look a little less than speedyfeet with currency conversions and shipping considered.  I love Ian's videos and advice so I'm not trying to steer anyone away, just wanted to present another option for a reputable dealer closer by that has been good for me.

14 minutes ago, Merrittous MonoWheel said:

Hey @Marty Backe Congrats on the Monster.  I have a  Monster 2400 on order as well.  I got mine from ridetheglide in Canada.  Great people as well and may save you some shipping in the future.  Their prices look a little less than speedyfeet with currency conversions and shipping considered.  I love Ian's videos and advice so I'm not trying to steer anyone away, just wanted to present another option for a reputable dealer closer by that has been good for me.

Thanks. I did take a look but they didn't have any in stock. I probably paid ~$200 US more than if I bought closer to home, but nobody but Speedyfeet had any Monsters in stock. And it turns out that I bought Ian's last Monster. And because of the Chinese New Year I would have to wait until late February, and I'm impatient :huh:

In-stock beats pre-orders any day of the week in my book. I bought the 1300wh ACM from Ian on the same day too - because he's the only one that had it in stock (when I bought it).

But I'll keep an eye on ridetheglide in the future.

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Thanks. I did take a look but they didn't have any in stock. I probably paid ~$200 US more than if I bought closer to home, but nobody but Speedyfeet had any Monsters in stock. And it turns out that I bought Ian's last Monster. And because of the Chinese New Year I would have to wait until late February, and I'm impatient :huh:

In-stock beats pre-orders any day of the week in my book. I bought the 1300wh ACM from Ian on the same day too - because he's the only one that had it in stock (when I bought it).

But I'll keep an eye on ridetheglide in the future.

BTW: i have seen the first 1600wh ACM poping up....

for your next upgrade ;-)

59 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

BTW: i have seen the first 1600wh ACM poping up....

for your next upgrade ;-)

Is it possible to 'unfriend' people in this forum?

On 20 January 2017 at 0:16 PM, nomad said:

Imagine the possible agility and improved aim of a trained assault force using high performance EUCs. If some troops started using them it would get an entirely different image than boy bands spinning around on hoverboards on a stage. I think the invention is here to stay but it's not taken to the full potential so far45cacaca5e619e507118e7eafa8de225.jpg

The guy on the far left is about to shoot the guy on the far right, or at least he might if one wheel goes over a rock. And the guy in the back is crouching low, because the guy behind him just zinged one over his shoulder. Ahh! Self balancing toys and full auto weapons, good times! Good times!

can you imaging a EUC face plant or insufficient flapping, carrying a full auto weapon? ? Bring a whole new meaning to "duck and cover". And now for my next trick....

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Yep that's true.  Especially when you have absolutely nothing else to ride. ? Problem, what problem!?

4 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Where? Available?

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Is it possible to 'unfriend' people in this forum?

:D

1300wh Version 1550 Dollar:

https://de.aliexpress.com/store/product/Pre-order-Gotway-ACM16-680WH-820WH-Electric-unicycle-one-wheel-motor-1500W-speed-40-Bluetooth-USB/1908673_32616029829.html?spm=2114.12010608.0.0.L3XwpL

1600wh Version 1700 Dollar:

https://de.aliexpress.com/store/product/GOTWAY-14MCM2S-260WH-340WH-520WH-680WH-blance-car-Electric-unicycle-Speed-30/1908673_32368523979.html?spm=2114.12010608.0.0.VV8xA6

Prices include Transport AND All Custom fees ....and as i understand it a trolley!

I know this shop, it is very reputable (My second shop  after "Rockwheel store" on ali) 

and if you ask them you should also be able to get a bit of a Discount.....(50-??)

For what it's worth, I saw the Segway booth at CES this year, and it made me curious about EUCs. I almost bought a "hoverboard" at CES 2-3 years ago when they first came out ($1500!), so I was open to the possibility of a self balancing device. While I looked at the Ninebots this year, I decided on the V8 (combo of price and capability).

So Segway brought this consumer into the market, but my money went to Inmotion/Jason.

5 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

:D

1300wh Version 1550 Dollar:

https://de.aliexpress.com/store/product/Pre-order-Gotway-ACM16-680WH-820WH-Electric-unicycle-one-wheel-motor-1500W-speed-40-Bluetooth-USB/1908673_32616029829.html?spm=2114.12010608.0.0.L3XwpL

1600wh Version 1700 Dollar:

https://de.aliexpress.com/store/product/GOTWAY-14MCM2S-260WH-340WH-520WH-680WH-blance-car-Electric-unicycle-Speed-30/1908673_32368523979.html?spm=2114.12010608.0.0.VV8xA6

Prices include Transport AND All Custom fees ....and as i understand it a trolley!

I know this shop, it is very reputable (My second shop  after "Rockwheel store" on ali) 

and if you ask them you should also be able to get a bit of a Discount.....(50-??)

Thanks for the links. I'll keep this as a future reference - maybe not for the ACM but another wheel. Always good to have recommendations.

8 hours ago, Smoother said:

The guy on the far left is about to shoot the guy on the far right, or at least he might if one wheel goes over a rock. And the guy in the back is crouching low, because the guy behind him just zinged one over his shoulder. Ahh! Self balancing toys and full auto weapons, good times! Good times!

can you imaging a EUC face plant or insufficient flapping, carrying a full auto weapon? ? Brings a whole new meaning to "duck and cover". And now for my next trick....

7 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

*Must. Stay. Strong.*:whistling:

It's a really good price but I will stay with my 1300. One has to stop somewhere...

Just out of interest, how long would these take from China? Do they have to remove the batteries on freight planes? Would it go by ship?

56 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

*Must. Stay. Strong.*:whistling:

It's a really good price but I will stay with my 1300. One has to stop somewhere...

Just out of interest, how long would these take from China? Do they have to remove the batteries on freight planes? Would it go by ship?

10 -15 days from my experience...with 2 wheels on my own, one 10 one 14!

to germany no batteries removed...air freight....7 days until takeoff...another 7 to you ...all just "about"

• 3 weeks later...

Archived