US69

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

Sorry!

I can' t resist, i would like to invite everybody here to:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ElectricUnicycle/permalink/1104157086348920

And tell the poster he should go elsewhere....

What a joke!!!

I will use my diplomatic skills :)and present a rebuttal shortly! Can anyone spare a xanax?

Update: Xanax will not work at this point. I need a stiff drink!! Not sure if I ever encountered such an angry person.  What really pissed me off is when this Walker dude dangled a new wheel in Toby's face offering it to him at his cost! WTF!!! How is Toby expected to pay for this new wheel? Just let the guy go. He evidently thrives on controversy and anger! 

20 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I will use my diplomatic skills :)and present a rebuttal shortly! Can anyone spare a xanax?

As i have tried to Argument over there before..i can say it is a PITA...and this guy for shure is not going to end :-( Like John Eucist wrote there...

So better take 2 xanax ;-)

1 hour ago, Cloud said:

I cant believe this guy on facebook.

Some people just choose to be mean and spiteful instead of recognizing someone else's talent.

Internet trolls are everywhere and I was surprised to read it is well. The award went to the most talented rider with the best video... Just as it was intended to do so.

In fact, I could watch all of those videos many times

I greatly appreciate, more than anything, their inspiration

Sill rubbing my eyes in disbelief - what an extraordinary display of self-righteousness, tsss. Thankfully, this particular individual decided not to waste his precious time on this forum.

A big "Thank You" to the moderators for their calm and collected way to handle any conflict here and over on the fb side! You are essential to keep this a fun and very educational place to visit.

Don't be surprised at anything that comes out of the mouth (keyboard?) of Dale Walker.

He's been causing trouble for a LOONG TIIMEE about various things and supposed injustices while at the same time desperately trying to promote his 'company.' 

I had a 'dialogue' with him (if you can call it that) myself on Facebook a few weeks ago when he was having a go at Ian from Speedy for selling Gotway because.....wait for it......he didn't like that Ian delivers to Australia. He wanted Ian to stop selling to Australian customers because Dale is trying to sell Gotway there and wants the market to himself. Absolute nutcase. Sounds like a classic sociopath (looks like one too).

Anyway, congratulations to all!

Thanks @FLASH and to all the other people who tooke position for me in all these stupid debates. It's thrue that i was very upset with all this mess, even if i was sure that these debates will hapen (That's why i asked in august to @Rehab1 in private message if he thought that it was a good idea for me to participate).
But anyway, that's life. I hope that next year there will be a lot of contestants. I will train to prepare the best video that i can for the 2017 contest, and i hope that i will loose it in front of other awesome videos! (if nevertheless i could stay in the top 3, it would be fine...:P)

I've chosen the V8. I will record a video for you when it will arrive! If you have some video idea, i listen to you...

For the idea of doing categories for the next contest, we have to think if it's a good idea:
- For me "Professionnal" or "not professionnal" are not good categories, because there are not enough real "professionnals" to make a categorie... Who is "professionnal"?
- "Young categorie" and "adult categorie"? Is it good? Look at this year, Toby is a teenager and he finish second just after me. It's good to see that the age is not all. Training is all.

The most important is that it has to stay a game. Congratulation to all the contestants and thanks to all the people who made this possible.

All the best

20 minutes ago, Hirsute said:

Thanks @FLASH and to all the other people who tooke position for me in all these stupid debates. It's thrue that i was very upset with all this mess, even if i was sure that these debates will hapen (That's why i asked in august to @Rehab1 in private message if he thought that it was a good idea for me to participate).
But anyway, that's life. I hope that next year there will be a lot of contestants. I will train to prepare the best video that i can for the 2017 contest, and i hope that i will loose it in front of other awesome videos! (if nevertheless i could stay in the top 3, it would be fine...:P)

I've chosen the V8. I will record a video for you when it will arrive! If you have some video idea, i listen to you...

For the idea of doing categories for the next contest, we have to think if it's a good idea:
- For me "Professionnal" or "not professionnal" are not good categories, because there are not enough real "professionnals" to make a categorie... Who is "professionnal"?
- "Young categorie" and "adult categorie"? Is it good? Look at this year, Toby is a teenager and he finish second just after me. It's good to see that the age is not all. Training is all.

The most important is that it has to stay a game. Congratulation to all the contestants and thanks to all the people who made this possible.

All the best

well put, sir

thanks for this heartfelt message

it is much appreciated

56 minutes ago, Hirsute said:

It's thrue that i was very upset with all this mess, even if i was sure that these debates will hapen (That's why i asked in august to @Rehab1 in private message if he thought that it was a good idea for me to participate).

Congratulations again! You have done nothing Wrong! I was upset as well as those involved in the condemnation were never involved in the behind the scenes planning and countless # of conversations that took place! An example:

You politely asked me many times about my thoughts on you entering the contest as you were concerned what others might think. You even wanted to hold off submitting your video because you were concerned about other contestants! If everyone was as polite and considerate as you our world would be a much better place!!

Perfect! Now I will be able to learn from a V8 master?

Even the Olympics allows professionals to participate. There is no division between professional, semi professional or amateur in the Olympics. The best man/ woman or team wins... period! How would you even quantify a professional in this field anyway? 

Young/ old category? Provide a handicap for someone with less training? What about someone that was layed up with a broken arm. Give them more time to recover or factor in another scoring method? First there were to many rules and now there is not enough! 

Hang in there buddy and enjoy your new ride and please share some videos!

FYI...my reps have not been replenished yet?

I think we all wanted as many members of the group to be part of the contest as possible, so having too many rules like age or ability restrictions would have excluded some members. It was a huge success and I look forward the wee man taking part again next time.  It is not all about winning, we didn't all enter expecting to win, its just fun to be part of a community who are supportive of each other.

Perhaps if the contest grows over the years there could potentially be different categories.  

Well done to all involved.

• 1 month later...
On 12/10/2016 at 10:34 PM, KingSong69 said:

Sorry!

I can' t resist, i would like to invite everybody here to:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ElectricUnicycle/permalink/1104157086348920

And tell the poster he should go elsewhere....

What a joke!!!

Was the joke that I was standing up for what I believe? Or that you had to jump in the forum for back up so you can try bully me out?

Difference between me an you is I'm extremely honest and I will stand up for what I think is right despite what people will think of me and you appear to be a coward that runs for back up so you can bully me for having a different opinion to yourself.

I wasn't there to cause an upset for the sake of some drama. I seen something I didn't believe was fair so I did something completely selfless and i spoke up. If I didn't the next one would be unfair too because the issue would not have been addressed. 

It wasn't a dig at Damien either, I admire his talent and creativity because he's one of the best without a doubt and I had mentioned several times its one of my favourite Euc vids.

I didn't think it was fair how it was (in my opinion) won on production value (that was excellent by the way) when 2nd and 3rd had slightly better tricks but limited editing skills. 

Like I said, I think it will have a positive outcome because the issue has been addressed.

Anyway.. Don't want to fire it back up because its not nessesary.

This is my view, I'm entitled to have it so let's just leave it. I just feel i have the right to explain myself against this slander and that's why I'm making this reply.

If you want to run and get back up so you can attack me as a gang for sharing my views when I see something I don't think is fair, ask yourself who the bad one here really is. I don't think its me.

I don't care if I'm popular or not, I have the best range and prices in Australia and Australian's actually like honesty so if anyone does have a problem with me there welcome to go pay $400 more from the competition lol

I look after my customers and I'm honest with them and they like that. If a few people from the forum don't like me for being honest I don't think that's going to hurt us too much.

We don't need to agree on everything and all my views are welcome to debate because that's how things get assessed and addressed and educated conclusion's are made for the greater good.

You don't need to try bully me by calling the boys in to back you up. Next time let's discuss it like grown ups.

Were are adults aren't we?

This rant has gone too long :-p

Have a nice day

3 hours ago, dalewalker said:

Was the joke that I was standing up for what I believe? Or that you had to jump in the forum for back up so you can try bully me out?

Difference between me an you is I'm extremely honest and I will stand up for what I think is right despite what people will think of me and you appear to be a coward that runs for back up so you can bully me for having a different opinion to yourself.

I wasn't there to cause an upset for the sake of some drama. I seen something I didn't believe was fair so I did something completely selfless and i spoke up. If I didn't the next one would be unfair too because the issue would not have been addressed. 

It wasn't a dig at Damien either, I admire his talent and creativity because he's one of the best without a doubt and I had mentioned several times its one of my favourite Euc vids.

I didn't think it was fair how it was (in my opinion) won on production value (that was excellent by the way) when 2nd and 3rd had slightly better tricks but limited editing skills. 

Like I said, I think it will have a positive outcome because the issue has been addressed.

Anyway.. Don't want to fire it back up because its not nessesary.

This is my view, I'm entitled to have it so let's just leave it. I just feel i have the right to explain myself against this slander and that's why I'm making this reply.

If you want to run and get back up so you can attack me as a gang for sharing my views when I see something I don't think is fair, ask yourself who the bad one here really is. I don't think its me.

I don't care if I'm popular or not, I have the best range and prices in Australia and Australian's actually like honesty so if anyone does have a problem with me there welcome to go pay $400 more from the competition lol

I look after my customers and I'm honest with them and they like that. If a few people from the forum don't like me for being honest I don't think that's going to hurt us too much.

We don't need to agree on everything and all my views are welcome to debate because that's how things get assessed and addressed and educated conclusion's are made for the greater good.

You don't need to try bully me by calling the boys in to back you up. Next time let's discuss it like grown ups.

Were are adults aren't we?

This rant has gone too long :-p

Have a nice day

I just saw this and your other post on FB. If you have something to say about my contest being rigged speak to me Directly! I cannot believe after 2 months you still have issues!

Please orchestrate and fund your own damn contest next time!! 

4 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I just saw this and your other post on FB. If you have something to say about my contest being rigged speak to me Directly! I cannot believe after 2 months you still have issues!

Please orchestrate and fund your own damn contest next time!! 

Chill out dude. I'm not having a go about the contest so stop being so defensive.

Nothing is perfect the 1st time, you's did well.

If you seen a post about you you'd want to explain yourself wouldn't you? 

Saying what I said made you all look at another side of it that was over looked because it was the 1st time and these things happen.

I believe it will have positive repercussions because if I didn't say anything the next one would be the same. Discussing these things is how we come to the best conclusion's afterall

@dalewalker, i dont think @KingSong69 was trying to get the back up to bully you out. Even though, technically he asked for others to tell you to go elsewhere with posts like that, i dont thnk he was asking for help - - I think he simply meant  (hey look at this post, its unbelieveable what this guy is saying, he shouldnt be saying stuff like that here). He wanted to vent and share his emotions with the group after reading it. And its understandable - the problem with your facebook post is that it appears to be an attack on the contest and its credibility, and not something you genuinely believe in. This is the same reason why @Rehab1 is being defensive.

i for one, dont think you actually and sincerely believe in what you are saying about Damien's contest entry simply because i dont find your statements in any way logical, in which case what i am going to say is inconsequential. But, in an unlikely event that you actually believe what you said, i will have you know, that as one of the moderators who monitored the voting process, i can attest that all forum moderators who monitored the votes tried to be as objective ,and fair as possible, and did not favor any one contestant regardless of their personal opinions.

The point of the contest was to show euc riding skill thru a video recording. If Damien has better video editing skills - more power to him.  If his video looked better and it got him additional votes - then he complied with the rules of the contest and used all his talents to win and this is exactly what one would expect from the winning contestant. If you think his riding skills were not as good as the 2nd a 3rd place takers , you are entitled to your opinion, but the majority who voted him 1st seem to disagree.

i actually dont think that Rehab's contest wasnt perfect. I think it went great. There werent that many contestants but the spirit was great and the contestants tried their best. I believe the contest was a great achievement for the community. I see no point in insinuating that it was unfair or rigged.

2 hours ago, Cloud said:

@dalewalker, i dont think @KingSong69 was trying to get the back up to bully you out. Even though, technically he asked for others to tell you to go elsewhere with posts like that, i dont thnk he was asking for help - - I think he simply meant  (hey look at this post, its unbelieveable what this guy is saying, he shouldnt be saying stuff like that here). He wanted to vent and share his emotions with the group after reading it. And its understandable - the problem with your facebook post is that it appears to be an attack on the contest and its credibility, and not something you genuinely believe in. This is the same reason why @Rehab1 is being defensive.

i for one, dont think you actually and sincerely believe in what you are saying about Damien's contest entry simply because i dont find your statements in any way logical, in which case what i am going to say is inconsequential. But, in an unlikely event that you actually believe what you said, i will have you know, that as one of the moderators who monitored the voting process, i can attest that all forum moderators who monitored the votes tried to be as objective ,and fair as possible, and did not favor any one contestant regardless of their personal opinions.

The point of the contest was to show euc riding skill thru a video recording. If Damien has better video editing skills - more power to him.  If his video looked better and it got him additional votes - then he complied with the rules of the contest and used all his talents to win and this is exactly what one would expect from the winning contestant. If you think his riding skills were not as good as the 2nd a 3rd place takers , you are entitled to your opinion, but the majority who voted him 1st seem to disagree.

i actually dont think that Rehab's contest wasnt perfect. I think it went great. There werent that many contestants but the spirit was great and the contestants tried their best. I believe the contest was a great achievement for the community. I see no point in insinuating that it was unfair or rigged.

What did I have to gain from it? You don't think I believe what I was saying? Why say it then? Of course I believe what I was saying. Damien won on the wow factor of his video and he's a trained professional performer that has been taught how to make bids like . 2nd place was a 12 year old who's dad had a handy can. Was it supposed to be an Euc trick competition or a film making competition? If it was judged based on difficulty of the tricks and not film making ability I believe the winners list would have been different.

@dalewalker The winners were chosen by the forum members by voting (moderators and organizers excluded) and not by a select panel of judges.  You could have voted too.  I'm aware that you have only "just discovered" this old thread (about your fb post) and that you feel you needed to voice, which you have.  That said, can we now put this behind? :) 

"No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed it has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time" - Winston Churchill

After all the hours and hours of training, i have the ass on fire when i read again that my video is just a "wow editing effect". I thought that i did a high skills act with comedy.

But nevermind, i will take some ice for my ass, and i go back on my trapeze.

@Hirsutei gave you a reputation before reading the end of the post..,

after finishing reading it i was thinking of rejecting this and give your  post a negative reputation. But  detest to give you a negative reputation?

You are for sure also amazing an the trapeze, but i really would and will enjoy seeing you to continue on the EUC!

wheel hirsute, wheel!

38 minutes ago, Hirsute said:

After all the hours and hours of training, i have the ass on fire when i read again that my video is just a "wow editing effect". I thought that i did a high skills act with comedy.

But nevermind, i will take some ice for my ass, and i go back on my trapeze.

Can I borrow some of that ice? My ass is still on fire :furious: 

Seriously you are an extremely skilled EUC rider and awesome performer! The best man did win!! Enough said!! :clap3:

9 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Can I borrow some of that ice? My ass is still on fire :furious: 

Seriously you are an extremely skilled EUC rider and awesome performer! The best man did win!! Enough said!! :clap3:

@Rehab1, you might want to reconsider reusing that ice. As somone in the medical field, you should know, that once applied to one's bottom, it kinda becomes a personal item. You might wanna get a new ( unused) bag of ice for yourself :) 

Archived