Ideas for Explaining why Wheels Rule them All?

Jason McNeil

I'm working with the a superb 3D Designer (I call him the Maestro) to come with a series of graphics that will help hammer home the technical reasons why the single Wheel is superior to other choices of PEVs.

He's working on a Speed one, which will have a aerial shot of cycling path with a cyclist cruising along at 29kph, the V8 just in front at 30kph, followed by the traditional two or more Wheel laggards. 

Other ideas include a Physical Footprint, Climbing Ability, Distance/Range, Maneuverability.

Any other suggestions for what might be cool or interesting?

Showing how a Wheel can fit within a standard storage locker, while many other transport devices can not:

uc?export=view&id=0B-WCZQc2gfJjQ01WbURrZ

All Terrain capabilities:

uc?export=view&id=0B-WCZQc2gfJja2JqNE12N

Being able to jump it is pretty key, especially in cities, where they are a lot of curbs and cramped ramps. That's a big advantage over the boosted board

3 hours ago, Keith said:

@Jason McNeil the suggestion that comes to my mind would be if you can capture the lack of impact it has on other pedestrians, compared with any other PEV. I.e the fact that pedestrian's and EUC's can coexist in harmony. 

2 thumbs up for this one

On 9/19/2016 at 5:06 PM, Jason McNeil said:

I'm working with the a superb 3D Designer (I call him the Maestro) to come with a series of graphics that will help hammer home the technical reasons why the single Wheel is superior to other choices of PEVs

Now I know what you were referring to today?Awesome Idea! Looking forward to seeing the final version!

Let's see..technical reasons why a single wheel is superior...oh..I've got one...ergonomically easier to carry and let's not forget @HunkaHunkaBurningLove...he can chase after women faster!?

... while eluding their jealous boyfriends at a faster pace!  B)

How about tire foot print or overhead area footprint?  With one wheel there is a small contact patch that can sverve round objects easily, faster, and more nimbly than the other methods of transportation.  The larger diameter of wheel can over come surface obstacles wih greater ease.  Maybe a tire diameter represention comparison against various sized road / sidewalk objects to roll over will make for an easy visual showing what different tire / wheel size can overcome.

How about an illustration showing how versatile and useful the eu is - for example I use my 9bot to walk my dog, go grocery shopping, pick up the mail, take out the garbage, go to the tennis courts, pick up take-out food, ride in the rain, ride with my friends who are on bikes, and today I rode up to the drive thru window of A&W on my 9bot (I also had my dog on a leash, which is why I decided not to go inside). In retrospect that must have looked kinda peculiar!

The great combination public transport and wheel.

Bring your wheel in the trunk of your car. Park you car somewhere and travel on by wheel to avoid congested city roads.

The fact that you have your hands free while riding ... (enables you to do all the stuff described above ... and more)

As i first tried a Ninebot Mini...i have to say that the greatest Advantage of a EUC  over a 2 wheeler for me is the better moveabiltiy and agility!

My, was the Mini boring :-) ...even on a bit higher Speed (lets say 15kmh) you can not cruise or wave like on an EUC!

Also the EUC is a much better commuter as it's transpotabiltiy with an trolley is Top notch!

- Already mentioned but again ... transportability - show how EUC can be stowed away under your legs leaning against the seat while you sit in train, bus, metro or tram then show how difficult or even impossible it would be to do so with other PEVs

- Show cost of taking the EUC (0,-) and other PEV on public transportation or long range trips by train, bus or boat.

- Compare the weight and ergonomics of carrying or pushing the EUC and other PEVs around where not possible or allowed to ride or when you run out of battery

- Compare the range

Good morning

Not exactly sure how to incorporate this, but one of the greatest things about an EUC over my miniPRO Is the opportunity to learn and attempt to master a NEW skill

All of the new brain research these days regarding elasticity... In other words, keeping your mind active and constantly learning every day allows you to be more alert and more able to learn new things. In this way, riding your EUC to work with help you arrive at your job in a much more awake, fashion and ready to have a great day in a way that sitting in a car or public transportation will not.

Perhaps that is too esoteric for what you are searching here, but the truth is your brain will thank you for forcing it to become proficient with these amazing devices.

... You may now return to your original programming... :D

3 hours ago, Greg Spalding said:

Good morning

Not exactly sure how to incorporate this, but one of the greatest things about an EUC over my miniPRO Is the opportunity to learn and attempt to master a NEW skill

All of the new brain research these days regarding elasticity... In other words, keeping your mind active and constantly learning every day allows you to be more alert and more able to learn new things. In this way, riding your EUC to work with help you arrive at your job in a much more awake, fashion and ready to have a great day in a way that sitting in a car or public transportation will not.

Perhaps that is too esoteric for what you are searching here, but the truth is your brain will thank you for you for forcing it to become proficient with these amazing devices.

... You may now return to your original programming... :D

Also euc's strengthen concentration ,balance and fine motor skills. And are just a cool ass way to roll up:D

Archived