gotway msuper3 1600wh

Jane Mo

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so what now? 80 or 84 Volts??? 84 would match to 20seriell batteries...80 matches to nothing!

if its the same motor and board have much fun in beta-testing gotways first 80/84Volts throw :-)

Hallelulja to the Mosfets :-)

1 hour ago, KingSong69 said:

so what now? 80 or 84 Volts??? 84 would match to 20seriell batteries...80 matches to nothing!

if its the same motor and board have much fun in beta-testing gotways first 80/84Volts throw :-)

Hallelulja to the Mosfets :-)

Massive reduction in Ampere.

1 hour ago, KingSong69 said:

Which voltage? Depends on that. 80/ 84 charging/ operational voltage?

• How much cells in series?
  • What's the cell voltage?

5 hours ago, Donafello said:

Now I'm totally confused. What would be the difference in selling one overseas and one domestically.  Does anyone have a take on this?

DriveSaver weight and Ampere.

Just a quick caculation based on the voltage...

84 V / 20 = 4.2 V per cell

79.8 V / 19 = 4.2 V per cell

67.2 V / 16 = 4.2 V per cell

1 minute ago, OliverH said:

Just a Quickborn caculation based on the voltage...

So which unit would have more torque

2 minutes ago, OliverH said:

Just a Quickborn caculation based on the voltage...

79.8 V / 19 = 4.2 V per cell

What does this mean for a buyer looking into getting one of the two units?

My understanding its 84v , not 80

gotways's communication creates a lot of confusion,

does anyone have more info on the differences between these two versions, and how a stronger torque is achieved in the 1640wh 67v version? Is the max speed still 40 kmh?

3 minutes ago, Cloud said:

My understanding its 84v , not 80

gotways's communication creates a lot of confusion,

does anyone have more info on the differences between these two versions, and how a stronger torque is achieved in the 1640wh 67v version? Is the max speed still 40 kmh?

I'm guessing they're "rounding" to nearest tens of volts and meant 84V (max)... sales/customer service personnel are not (necessarily) technical people, so they could get the details wrong at times.

23 minutes ago, esaj said:

I'm guessing they're "rounding" to nearest tens of volts and meant 84V (max)... sales/customer service personnel are not (necessarily) technical people, so they could get the details wrong at times.

My seller has. It shipped my unit and I'm sure it's possible to grab the 1640wh but I'm really curious about the differences of the 2 units!

12 minutes ago, Donafello said:

My seller has. It shipped my unit and I'm sure it's possible to grab the 1640wh but I'm really curious about the differences of the 2 units!

Probably no one else except the Gotway engineers can say for sure. Like others have stated, if the motor is the same in both models, then the 84V -version can attain higher top speeds. As (total) power is simply voltage times current, it will still need the SAME amount of current to produce the same power, ie. the torque and amperage values are same. I'd suspect the motors may be different (different torque / max speed at same voltage), but of course can't know for sure.

5 minutes ago, Donafello said:

So if it's the same motor then tourney should be the same just higher top speed? 

Pretty much. Of course there are limiting factors, something will "give up" if you just keep feeding higher and higher voltage to a motor... the windings may start "shooting through" (ie. the voltage is high enough for a breakdown to occur, and the current starts "jumping" through the insulations of the windings right next to each other). While the rotational speed of a motor is (pretty much) linear vs. the voltage, the output power and efficiency do not work in the same way:

bldcfig5.jpg

performance-curve-01_zps32aec860.jpg

Overall, the dynamics of an electric motor are pretty complex, and the finer details go way over my head ;)

30 minutes ago, esaj said:

Pretty much. Of course there are limiting factors, something will "give up" if you just keep feeding higher and higher voltage to a motor... the windings may start "shooting through" (ie. the voltage is high enough for a breakdown to occur, and the current starts "jumping" through the insulations of the windings right next to each other). While the rotational speed of a motor is (pretty much) linear vs. the voltage, the output power and efficiency do not work in the same way:

bldcfig5.jpg

performance-curve-01_zps32aec860.jpg

Overall, the dynamics of an electric motor are pretty complex, and the finer details go way over my head ;)

Nice graphs - are they from http://www.learnengineering.org ?

5 hours ago, esaj said:

Probably no one else except the Gotway engineers can say for sure. Like others have stated, if the motor is the same in both models, then the 84V -version can attain higher top speeds. As (total) power is simply voltage times current, it will still need the SAME amount of current to produce the same power, ie. the torque and amperage values are same. I'd suspect the motors may be different (different torque / max speed at same voltage), but of course can't know for sure.

I can't follow your explanation. For my I understanding W = V x A

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watt

If I use this I need less A if I higher the voltage. Where's my mistake?

2 hours ago, OliverH said:

I can't follow your explanation. For my I understanding W = V x A

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watt

If I use this I need less A if I higher the voltage. Where's my mistake?

@OliverH, no mistake, looks like a slip of the keyboard by @esaj. A higher voltage does indeed mean the same power would require less current, thus a higher voltage can result in less heat loss and better efficiency. However, if the motor is not rewound for higher voltage then, in use, the higher voltage would permit higher current as well increasing the maximum power and heat losses, it would also permit higher RPM as the no load (I.e. Maximum RPM) would also increase. So power, torque and max speed would all increase but the current could become too high, I.e. Overheating more likely.

The biggest problem, assuming the electronics are designed to take it, in simply raising the voltage is that the maximum power and maximum efficiency curves also move to a higher RPM meaning that current at slower speeds and balancing will be likely be higher, generating more heat and reducing efficiency. I.e. The wheel would have to be driven faster to gain any benefit.

Really, a higher voltage needs also a rewind of the motor to lower the kV and optimise the setup.

Did somebody take into account that 1600wh would be about 20s6p?

instead of 1640wh with 16s8p?

so on this 1600wh 20a6p the complete drawn amperage would only been split to 6 parallel packages, instead of 8....

so that takes away the advantage of a general lower amperage on higher voltage!

my 2 cents!!!

example:

board/Wheel needs 2400 watt!

1640wh/8parallel every pack at 67,2 volt has to generate 

2400/8=300watt means 4,4amp

1600wh/6parralel everpack at 84 volt has to generate

2400/6=400watt means 4,76 amp

So in the end you do not have any lower Amperage advantage at all!?

170Km??? Haha...if your weight is 35kg and you dont drive faster than 20kmh...then perhaps!

Archived