gotway msuper3 1600wh

Jane Mo

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Greg Spalding said:

everyone sleeping in asia now... 

those from the factory, even if they would respond here.... will have to do so in 9 hours or so, i guess

Yeah I know but sleep should not be a option when you have customers with questions.lol

The minimum id want to know is that i am getting the version that has higher torque than thr the other one and i can safely achieve 40kph at 100kg. I think many others on the forum would mirror my thoughts. Going much faster than that is suicide, both versions have a huge battery, the difference in battery capacity is negligible. I am sure most people will take better torque up to 40 kph over being able to go to 60 or 70kph. And even with the 70kph version, i am sure it would be a free spin cut off speed, not the safe cruising speed

11 minutes ago, Cloud said:

The minimum id want to know is that i am getting the version that has higher torque than thr the other one and i can safely achieve 40kph at 100kg. I think many others on the forum would mirror my thoughts. Going much faster than that is suicide, both versions have a huge battery, the difference in battery capacity is negligible. I am sure most people will take better torque up to 40 kph over being able to go to 60 or 70kph. And even with the 70kph version, i am sure it would be a free spin cut off speed, not the safe cruising speed

I think we are on agreement however there is only one version coming to the United States so whatever it is, it is. GOTWAY has clearly stated they are not going to make a higher torque version anytime soon. It is important to know whether this 84 V beast is going to have more torque than the one of a little over 67 V instead of just being able to go faster. I believe that going over 30 to 35 kph is suicide.  I will still want the larger of the two batteries even if the difference is somewhat negligible because of my 85 kg in weight. I want to be able to ride 25 miles consistently on each charge without reaching down into the last 25% of the battery and fearing some significant tilt back phenomenon

2 hours ago, Donafello said:

I know and thats what I'm worried about. I have the unit on order and it has not been shipped but I guess i could switch if I wanted. I just need more info on the exact differences of the 1600wh compared to the 1640wh. I'm currently waiting for the 1600wh. But it seems according to gotway you would not be able to buy a 1640wh from them anyway if you live overseas.

as i know you are ordering from aliexpress rockwheel? or?

than it is more otherwise: you would not be able to get a 1600wh version, as they sell them to rockwheel only for domstic purpose! KS and Gotway litterly hate all the aliexpress seller which do exports, KS even forbids this explizit, as they are ruining the business of outerregion sellers!

Attention: i do not know it for gotway 100%, but if you buy a KS from aliexpress you get NONE help in case of trouble from KS! KS sees alexpress seller as "illegal"...can be for Gotway also!

31 minutes ago, Greg Spalding said:

I think we are on agreement however there is only one version coming to the United States so whatever it is, it is. GOTWAY has clearly stated they are not going to make a higher torque version anytime soon. It is important to know whether this 84 V beast is going to have more torque than the one of a little over 67 V instead of just being able to go faster. I believe that going over 30 to 35 kph is suicide.  I will still want the larger of the two batteries even if the difference is somewhat negligible because of my 85 kg in weight. I want to be able to ride 25 miles consistently on each charge without reaching down into the last 25% of the battery and fearing some significant tilt back phenomenon

as the 1640wh version is 16s8p and the 1600 only 20s6p...the larger and more powerful batterie is the 1640wh one! 128cells to 120! also the main wanted wattage/amperage from  board is split into 8 packs, not "only" 6...

see my explanation of "not lower amperage" before here in this thread!

4 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

as the 1640wh version is 16s8p and the 1600 only 20s6p...the larger and more powerful batterie is the 1640wh one! 128cells to 120! also the main wanted wattage/amperage from  board is split into 8 packs, not "only" 6...

i had certainly read that with GREAT interest

and i appreciate you reminding me of that here

thank you, so much

13 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

So what would that mean for the end user?

50 minutes ago, Greg Spalding said:

i had certainly read that with GREAT interest

and i appreciate you reminding me of that here

thank you, so much

If this 1600wh version really has the same motor and board...i really can not see any big advantage over the 1640....sure both are safer than the 820wh...! If the 1600wh really only has 6P...instead of 8P...any andvantages of the 84 volts are melted away!

...but thats all guessing what we do here! So, as there are not even some more specs been given out...i for my part would bet on the long researched/driven 67,2 volt board!

Even when i am not ordering from a local seller! imagine dealing with an chinese seller on a brand new 84volt technic that none of this sellers had before!

but folks...thats just me :-)

43 minutes ago, Donafello said:

So what would that mean for the end user?

20 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

If this 1600wh version really has the same motor and board...i really can not see any big advantage over the 1640....sure both are safer than the 820wh...! If the 1600wh really only has 6P...instead of 8P...any andvantages of the 84 volts are melted away!

...but thats all guessing what we do here! So, as there are not even some more specs been given out...i for my part would bet on the long researched/driven 67,2 volt board!

Even when i am not ordering from a local seller! imagine dealing with an chinese seller on a brand new 84volt technic that none of this sellers had before!

sorry i'm a idiot when it comes to these things but whats the difference between 20s6p and 16s8p. I'm toatlly lost

35 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

i for my part would bet on the long researched/driven 67,2 volt board!

i agree

that's the problem

there won't be any (i guess) 67.2V board here so we are "STUCK" with this NEW-FANGLED one of 84V variety

from a manufacturer a long way from us

hmmmmmmmm

decisions..... decisions

7 minutes ago, Donafello said:

still lost but Thanks;)

16s8p means 16 batteries cells of 4,2Volt (=67,2volt) seriell, that is then one pack....and there are 8 of those!

And when the board motor needs for example 2400 Watts this is split on those 8 packs so each only has to deliver 300watt!

20s6p means 20! batterie cells of 4,2volt(=84volt) seriell, that is one pack...but now there is only 6 of those packs!

that means here for example 2400watt each pack (split on 6) has to deliver 400Watt(and so higher amperage)...,

to explain it easy: a20 cell pack would have todo less work than a 16 cell pack...but because here the 20cellpacks are not so much as 16cell packs, this advantage is lost!!!

19 minutes ago, Donafello said:

still lost but Thanks;)

The battery pack are made of 18650 LiIon battery cells (a bit "larger" AA like rechargeable batteries) each of nominal voltage 3.7V and maximal voltage of 4.2V. They're organized in the packs by connecting them in series (to increase voltage) and also in parallel to increase current they can provide.

So with maximum (fully charged) voltage of 4.2V you'll need 20 cells in series to generate 84V - voila 20S is born. Then to increase the amount of current you can safely pull of the battery pack you'll join multiply 20S pack in parallel so lets say you can take max 5A of current from one cell (or any amount of cells in series). Connecting 6 cells (or 6 pack of series) in parallel allows you to pull 6 times of that - 30A - and voila again 6P is born. Put those two together and you'll get 20S6P configuration (though physically it would be most likely multiply smaller packs connected together instead of one huge large pack - most likely 3 times 20S2P) which will give you 20x4.2=84V and 6x5=30A max consisting in total of 20x6=120 cells (each of 4.2v and 5A ratings).

Similarly for 67.2V pack you'll get 16S8P equals 16x4.2=67.2V and 8x5=40A max consisting in total of 16x8=128 cells (each of 4.2v and 5A ratings).

It's basically a common "notation" for battery pack combinations.

3 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

16s8p means 16 batteries cells of 4,2Volt (=67,2volt) seriell, that is then one pack....and there are 8 of those!

And when the board motor needs for example 2400 Watts this is split on those 8 packs so each only has to deliver 300watt!

20s6p means 20! batterie cells of 4,2volt(=84volt) seriell, that is one pack...but now there is only 6 of those packs!

that means here for example 2400watt each pack (split on 6) has to deliver 400Watt(and so higher amperage)...,

to explain it easy: a20 cell pack would have todo less work than a 16 cell pack...but because here the 20cellpacks are not so much as 16cell packs, this advantage is lost!!!

Thanks

1 minute ago, HEC said:

The battery pack are made of 18650 LiIon battery cells (a bit "larger" AA like rechargeable batteries) each of nominal voltage 3.7V and maximal voltage of 4.2V. They're organized in the packs by connecting them in series (to increase voltage) and also in parallel to increase current they can provide.

So with maximum (fully charged) voltage of 4.2V you'll need 20 cells in series to generate 84V - voila 20S is born. Then to increase the amount of current you can safely pull of the battery pack you'll join multiply 20S pack in parallel so lets say you can take max 5A of current from one cell (or any amount of cells in series). Connecting 6 cells (or 6 pack of series) in parallel allows you to pull 6 times of that - 30A - and voila again 6P is born. Put those two together and you'll get 20S6P configuration (though physically it would be most likely multiply smaller packs connected together instead of one huge large pack - most likely 3 times 20S2P) which will give you 20x4.2=84V and 6x5=30A max consisting in total of 20x6=120 cells (each of 4.2v and 6A ratings).

Similarly for 67.2V pack you'll get 16S8P equals 16x4.2=67.2V and 8x5=40A.

It's basically a common "notation" for battery pack combinations.

and thanks. So do we know for sure this is the route they are going? It seems like based on 84v this is the only way of doing it?

9 minutes ago, Donafello said:

Thanks

and thanks. So do we know for sure this is the route they are going? It seems like based on 84v this is the only way of doing it?

Yes - we know that based on voltage AND quoted capacity which would require at least 120 cells each with capacity of at least 3500 mAh (which is the current real best capacity you can get from high quality cells). And yes there is a calculation to get Wh from mAh and V ;)

3.5 (Ah = 3500mAh) x 3.7V (nominal voltage of cell) x 120 (amount of cells) = 1554 Wh which is then either rounded up a bit or maybe they calculate a slightly higher capacity of the cell (3600 mAh >> 1598.4 Wh) and so on.

10 minutes ago, Donafello said:

Thanks

we know 20s6p (relativly) safe because all other do not match real good:

No we dont know exactly...we have to say we "guess" the number of parallel packs from the 84volt and the 1600wh they tell us!

20seriell x 3,7 volt x 6parallel x 3500mah(per batterie cell) is 1554wh!! (about 1600wh)

every more parallel pack would not match the 1600wh!!!  would be way more than 1600wh! 20s6p is the only thing that matches the 1600wh! on 84volts....

calculation for 67,2 volt:(known for sure!!!)

16seriell x 3,7 volt x 8parallel x 3500mah(per batterie cell) is 1657wh (about 1640wh)

edit: HEC WAS A MINUTE FASTER ;-)

18 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

edit: HEC WAS A MINUTE FASTER ;-)

He he - you've beat me to the first answer so now the "score" is even ;) 

EDIT: Sorry - ran out of reps already :( Maybe our lovely admins ( @Cloud @esaj @John Eucist ) could consider slightly increasing our daily allowances? Not that we'd use it every day but some days interesting discussion goes on and you simply run out ...

38 minutes ago, HEC said:

He he - you've beat me to the first answer so now the "score" is even ;) 

EDIT: Sorry - ran out of reps already :( Maybe our lovely admins ( @Cloud @esaj @John Eucist ) could consider slightly increasing our daily allowances? Not that we'd use it every day but some days interesting discussion goes on and you simply run out ...

@John Eucist is the only one who has access to such settings, we lowly moderators can only move / delete / edit  / hide posts and topics and pin/feature & lock & merge & split topics...

Archived