[EUG] GOTWAY ACM 16 : THOUGHTS AFTER 1.5 MONTHS

EUCGUY

Wow :blink: that is one of the most thorough and detailed video reviews I've seen.  Excellent job man!  Keep posting up the videos - I love them!  :wub:  I really like the stopping distance comparison with the graphical overlay.  Nice touch!  That's really informative to see how much distance it takes to come to a full stop while going at various speeds.  Is that the typical stopping distance for higher speed EUCs?  My Ninebot comes to a stop pretty quickly, but it doesn't go that fast of course.  I'd be worried about cruising at 40 KPH and have a truck zoom out in front of you from a sideroad...  maybe ABS braking assist isn't such a bad idea after all?  I wonder what the theoretical maximum braking ability is for a EUC since it has to balance you at the same time.  Be careful not to burn out the MOSFETS if you brake too hard.

One thing to note is that I did have to pause the video to read some of the detailed points, but it was well worth the extra effort.

After watching your video, I'm starting to get the Gotta Get a GotwayTM ACM itch... 39-45 kph?  Whaaaat?

This app. https://lookaside.fbsbx.com/file/0614 (1).apk?token=AWxgPxYBXy-R9im-OyDF_0BBXydvb2AR3xA6aAwJqz39yNix8-JbRRgGgohQjEYV9bdOborHHjqhqjRW_GQB5G1hvwL9UhU77XXdQiiSJ_WQrMaehvf48RvpZy0AWAlm5f_oU5EHgar6tRqj_cgjRJ1-enOQ3XfEPRtDQUcFmZI6PQ

Yeah i have tried a different app that works on the old msuper, but it didnt work on my acm.
Typically i use the GW app for battery stats and a GPS app called Geo tracker for speed and gpx data.

@EU GUY whats your opinion on the differences between the acm and msuper3 . More specifically. Which one would you buy? And also, does it make sense for one to buy both, or maybe if you have one, they are so close , theres no need to get the other?  Thanjs

Im probably not the right person to say,  because i have only experience with the acm.  A friend called Stefan,  from Sweden got both and he told me that they are very simular in response and power.  He ordered hed msupet v3 with superhard settings and that makes it a tiny bit difficult to compare them,  but yeah.  Personally i enjoy the shit out of my acm and unless i plan on riding over roots and such then its more than enough.  Good clearance also.  I would buy the msuper because of the internal trolley handle if i where to buy now.  

Yes. Did it today. 54km. App means 30% left(motionless), but at the last steep hill right before the trip ends, the ACM made the safety-beeps. 

My weight, all included, was 72kg. Underground was about 10 or 12km gravel, rest of was asphalted roads. Average speed: 18km/h, max 32km/h. Gradient: -10% till 10%.

GPS-Track: http://www.gpsies.com/map.do?fileId=ibtzyphntkyrjjgh (one way)

19 hours ago, 1kw said:

50km range possible?

It does depend a lot on your weight. I am around 90kg and get around 25 miles / 40 km per charge. Riding mostly along canals so mostly flat but a mixture of gravel, dirt and asphalt. General cruising speed of 14mph/23kmh but can be speeds up to 24mph/38kmh. 

I keep intending to do a 14mph cruise and see if I can get more miles but there's always temptation to do more because the ACM feels comfortable and smooth at speed - plus it's funny to pass cyclists and leave them behind sometimes.

32 minutes ago, Tomek said:

Out of curiosity, on ACM, is there a discrepancy between app speed and real speed, like on their other models? If so, are you guys reporting real speeds or app speeds?

I think it's pretty close if not the same. Previously I set my tilt back to 20mph and according to a GPS app I hit around 19.5mph and I didn't notice any tilt back at all. If there was any discrepancy, especially around 4mph as people have reported with other Gotways, then I would have definitely had tilt back. 

I'm not sure what my tilt back is set to, currently, but I recently hit 24.8mph/40kmh (GPS speed) so I'm pretty happy :)

I'm thinking, maybe, that tire pressure could affect accuracy a little but could be wrong.

22 minutes ago, TremF said:

I think it's pretty close if not the same. Previously I set my tilt back to 20mph and according to a GPS app I hit around 19.5mph and I didn't notice any tilt back at all. If there was any discrepancy, especially around 4mph as people have reported with other Gotways, then I would have definitely had tilt back. 

I'm not sure what my tilt back is set to, currently, but I recently hit 24.8mph/40kmh (GPS speed) so I'm pretty happy :)

I'm thinking, maybe, that tire pressure could affect accuracy a little but could be wrong.

wow, that puts all the reported speed values in a whole new light for me... have been thinking about ks16 or inmotion v8 as the potential second wheel, but maybe I should stay true to Gotways after all...

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 4:51 PM, EU GUY said:

I wanted to make a video that would be THE goto video for someone looking to buy a EUC

Well done! Thank you!

I love that access panel for the tire valve. EVERY EUC COMPANY SHOULD DO THIS! (Unless of course, the shell design allows good access without a removable panel, like IPS 121 and 191.)

That was a great overhead shot at 9:05!

Archived