Inmotion v8-XL+

PriestHood

Yes, I'm gonna hold-out for them to release a model just like the V8. because I truly love the side LED patterns & customization. But must include :

- 18 or 20" Wheel. And why not 20"?! They slimed-it-down on it sides! They can do the same throughout.

- More Power, 1200 watt minimum.

- 40 kph cruising speed & 45 kph max(you know we all ride 27 - 30kph on average. Want that boost for straightaways)

- Larger Battery,

- 2.5" wide tire,

- Commercial Grade Trolly handle. I use mine all the time on my KS16. And I don't want it to break off.

- Brighter Rear Light with Increased Brightness(to hold for 3 sec.) on slowdowns/stops. Just like real cars do.

And finally Yes. I absolutely, would pay MORE $$$$ for a design like this.

• 4 months later...
On 08/15/2016 at 4:11 AM, PriestHood said:

Yes, I'm gonna hold-out for them to release a model just like the V8. because I truly love the side LED patterns & customization. But must include :

- 18 or 20" Wheel. And why not 20"?! They slimed-it-down on it sides! They can do the same throughout.

- More Power, 1200 watt minimum.

- 40 kph cruising speed & 45 kph max(you know we all ride 27 - 30kph on average. Want that boost for straightaways)

- Larger Battery,

- 2.5" wide tire,

- Commercial Grade Trolly handle. I use mine all the time on my KS16. And I don't want it to break off.

- Brighter Rear Light with Increased Brightness(to hold for 3 sec.) on slowdowns/stops. Just like real cars do.

And finally Yes. I absolutely, would pay MORE $$$$ for a design like this.

Sounds like you want the Msuper 3 84V. The trolley could be better for sure, but it does the job.. It has 5 rear LEDs that cycle when going forward, when braking they all stay lit to show you're slowing down, they're pretty bright and placed on a row so pretty big size and visible.. The rest, tire diameter, power, speed, battery and tire width all matches or surpasses your requirements. It will be big and heavy because of power and battery there's no way around that with current technology.. But I guess the quality and reliability of Gotway is unfortunately not as good as Inmotion, on the other hand at 40 km/h you have to protect yourself for the speed anyway, because one day you may fall even on a 100% reliable vehicle. I've been very greatful many times that my V5F+ does not go faster as I've managed to run off at top speed many times...

37 minutes ago, nomad said:

Sounds like you want the Msuper 3 84V. The trolley could be better for sure, but it does the job.. It has 5 rear LEDs that cycle when going forward, when braking they all stay lit to show you're slowing down, they're pretty bright and placed on a row so pretty big size and visible.. The rest, tire diameter, power, speed, battery and tire width all matches or surpasses your requirements. It will be big and heavy because of power and battery there's no way around that with current technology.. But I guess the quality and reliability of Gotway is unfortunately not as good as Inmotion, on the other hand at 40 km/h you have to protect yourself for the speed anyway, because one day you may fall even on a 100% reliable vehicle. I've been very greatful many times that my V5F+ does not go faster as I've managed to run off at top speed many times...

Wow buddy.. you run off 25km/h?? You'll have to teach me that sometime.   I weigh about 60kg and I've gotten used to pushing my v5f to 28-30km/h all the time. Even when I don't push beyond 25km/h...I haven't been able to run off

1 hour ago, nomad said:

Sounds like you want the Msuper 3 84V. The trolley could be better for sure, but it does the job.. It has 5 rear LEDs that cycle when going forward, when braking they all stay lit to show you're slowing down, they're pretty bright and placed on a row so pretty big size and visible.. The rest, tire diameter, power, speed, battery and tire width all matches or surpasses your requirements.

Lol. Wow... Funny I found this...

I just recently ordered the 84v v3s+.

(PayPal is giving me 6 Months interest free)

Inmotion & Kingsong may have to wait another year or so. Ordered mine in the all WHITE color.

Wanted the custom LEDs version. But it may no longer be an option. Gotway is having issues with a third party having it done.(it's not a standard option) My supplier says he will keep trying. He is looking at alternatives.

Limited Edition all the time !?

5 hours ago, Gareth Tibit said:

Wow buddy.. you run off 25km/h?? You'll have to teach me that sometime.   I weigh about 60kg and I've gotten used to pushing my v5f to 28-30km/h all the time. Even when I don't push beyond 25km/h...I haven't been able to run off

Yes up to 25 km/h running off is definitely managable (depending on the situation). It's not too fast for me I did run off multiple times but maybe I have longer legs! If I see the risk of falling is very high and I have any time to react then I don't try to save it, just leave the wheel the best way I can. Same principle at any speed, think fast and do the best of the situation, but run off might not be a good option or even possible in some cases!

I also wonder if some falls might have gone down better if there was no materialistic mindset, that could even put you in the hospital.. Because you tried to save the wheel from scratches, or your pants were too tight restricting your movements, or you're holding your shiny expensive smartphone and falling would be so inconvenient at this moment or maybe it's too thin and could bend in your pocket and you're not prepared for some ninja movements, or you just tried to save embarrassment in front of others watching etc.. I don't care about the wheel or my street rep... I mean I love the wheel but it can easily be replaced, so it still means nothing to me if it's destroyed, compared to my body.

Maybe I have good legs because I have a physical job doing a ton of lifts every day (literally) there is no sitting on my job, plus I go to the gym? 60kg is pretty weak unless you're shredded.. no offence. If it happens by surprise or if I hesitate for some reason it's another matter, you can fail spectacularly at any speed.

The wheel can only take so much beating even if the build quality is higher than the other manufacturers, eventually something might break. The V5F+ is my first EUC and it crashed hard a lot, bounced down slopes hit curbs etc. No accidents when commuting though I'm a grown up very responsible rider don't worry about that! I'm impressed by how well it holds up so far (over 3000km mileage not far now from getting into the Inmotion top 50 list hehe). However I should probably have put on some shock absorbtion on the shell sometimes.. Left front part of the clam has a small crack from the last crash. And there's a also a little gap there along the front left of the shell. Later a week after that I guess some water ran into the gap when riding in rain because now the left blue light has a play when pressing together the shell, but headlight still works so it's ok!

IMG_20161228_102139349.jpg

9 hours ago, nomad said:

one day you may fall even on a 100% reliable vehicle.

Falling can never be 100% eliminated, because some falls are caused by the rider, not the wheel. Recently I fell, and it really caught me by surprise. I was trying to figure out, how did that happen? Have you ever had a fall that you're not even sure exactly why you fell? In this case I concluded that I slowed down too much without appropriately increasing my balancing efforts.

9 hours ago, MaxLinux said:

In this case I concluded that I slowed down too much without appropriately increasing my balancing efforts.

If I brake firmly with an IPS 132, the wheel will fold under me each and every time, perfectly reproducibly. One could call it inverse outlean, and I am not in favour of the feature.

14 hours ago, nomad said:

It will be big and heavy because of power and battery there's no way around that with current technology.

I would believe that it is perfectly feasible to build a 1200W 800Wh wheel weighing (far?) below 15kg with current technology. It might require gearing though and it might well be too expensive to be developed and sold without losing money.

On 12/28/2016 at 7:23 AM, nomad said:

Left front part of the clam has a small crack from the last crash. And there's a also a little gap there along the front left of the shell. Later a week after that I guess some water ran into the gap when riding in rain because now the left blue light has a play when pressing together the shell, but headlight still works so it's ok!

You should contact @Jason McNeil and see if he has any V5F+ replacement shells in stock. If you decide to replace the shells maybe apply some protective molding on the edges. The protective molding I used really takes an impact. 

IMG_0491.GIF

On 12/28/2016 at 9:01 AM, MaxLinux said:

Have you ever had a fall that you're not even sure exactly why you fell?

Yes, when first learning on a TGT3, I slowed way down (from about 4 or 5 mph) trying to decide how to handle a sidewalk joint that I was approaching at an angle.  While looking down at the sidewalk I just fell forward off the wheel, still don't know if it cut off or what.  It was like my brain cut out for a second, it happened so quickly.  I think I might have slowed too much like you said and did not have the balance correctly.

I have had that happen more recently also, slowed down to such a slow speed that the balance became all of a sudden more difficult than I thought it would.

54 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

The protective molding I used really takes an impact. 

And it doesn't hide the nice looks of the wheel, it kind of blends in and accents it.  I still think someone should sell that as an accessory, I was at Pep Boys just the other day looking for that molding but did not find it.  I still remember the first time you posted that photo and I was impressed, it stayed in the back of my mind that if I ever get the black V5F+ I would like to do the molding the exact same way.:thumbup:

4 hours ago, Planetpapi said:

Good idea! Where and what type should I get this molding. Auto Zone or Home Depot? Self sticking or Hot glued?

It is a Cowles product. They manufacture a plethora of automotive moldings.

Here is a link for the 3/8" half round  molding that I used for a majority of the shell protection. It has a 3M self adhesive backing.

https://www.amazon.com/Cowles-T3602C-Black-Round-Wheel/dp/B001EA0M0I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1483066819&sr=8-1&keywords=Wheel+well+molding

Link for the 3/4" wide carbon braid molding used around the pedals

https://www.amazon.com/Custom-Carbon-Fiber-Exterior-Molding/dp/B004H28JMS/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1483067307&sr=1-1-fkmr0&keywords=cowles+carbon+protection+molding

The thin red molding is just for decoration. Not sure where I purchased it.

4 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

It has a 3M self adhesive backing.

Is your 3M tape any good ? The stuff I got with my AliExpress order was rubbish. Did OK on the straight bits, but as soon as you try and do anything curved it all lifts off after a day. And there wasn't enough of it to do all the bumper strip properly !

7 hours ago, Cerbera said:

Is your 3M tape any good ? The stuff I got with my AliExpress order was rubbish. Did OK on the straight bits, but as soon as you try and do anything curved it all lifts off after a day. And there wasn't enough of it to do all the bumper strip properly !

Cowles makes a superior product and yes the 3M tape adheres well if the application surface is clean and free of wax. Like any product with adhesive backing there appears to be a shelf life.

One roll I bought from a supplier arrived with the adhesive's cellophane backing starting to pull away leaving the adhesive exposed. I promptly returned it. My last purchase came directly from Cowles to insure I received a fresh batch. Fast shipping!

http://cowlesproducts.com/protektotrim/fender-trim/

Archived