2024 New EUCs - V13Pro, V12Pro, E20S, V18, E25, P6

Merkyu Kyu Kyu

Looks like the InMotion store listed the E20 for $400, which is reasonable. But I wonder how long it will take before the announce the E20S?

https://store.inmotionworld.com/products/inmotion-e20?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTAAAR1xc6w0z9XmndX88GWzW-36FgNyEGaYlZOOTH-7KNHZTlkTOfVTWl0PTs8_aem_AdngdbKwDk_mkFCXxbG1ZD7t7wOnIX5Qy3srPlinRCbxyNgzpIMkdK3VJ9UfRmJ9-7M7oa_I8KfcgvYpU8m1zKvr

Edited by Tan Ho
  • Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Tan Ho said:

Looks like the InMotion store listed the E20 for $400, which is reasonable. But I wonder how long it will take before the announce the E20S?

It's hard to get excited about this model, IMO the V3PRO/S from 9+ years ago looked better, was better made & had more features/capabilties. The Achille's heel of these twin Wheels, besides the inherent lack of turning, is that these 14" tires are prone to frequent flats, they're such a PITA to change— this looks like it has been improved [somewhat] here. Maybe I'm wrong, & the E20 will be a runaway success, where the V3 PRO failed :rolleyes:
https://www.ewheels.com/product/inmotion-v3-pro-edition/

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

It's hard to get excited about this model, IMO the V3PRO/S from 9+ years ago looked better, was better made & had more features/capabilties. The Achille's heel of these twin Wheels, besides the inherent lack of turning, is that these 14" tires are prone to frequent flats, they're such a PITA to change— this looks like it has been improved [somewhat] here. Maybe I'm wrong, & the E20 will be a runaway success, where the V3 PRO failed :rolleyes:

the V3Pro/S are pretty sick for their time, and now. Considering the E20 is a under powered variant of an retired product design they put through new production runs

i've got a V3S i adopted about a year ago. it was pretty roughed up. has about 996mi on it. pretty neat little thing, been sitting in a closet for a while.
after seeing the E20 make its rounds in the last month
just was tinkering with it this morning.

lookin at this V3S, im pretty impressed with the hardware for its 2015/16 production dates.

these days, whole V3 series in general seems difficult to find some original parts for. im very curious to compare my V3S 84v to an E20 @ its 54v. The battery in mine seems to have full capacity (one of the better features of the Charge Enhancers), I just cannot get the battery to wake up. it otherwise functions when given direct DC power @ 60-84V

inmotion apps no longer support V3 line. 
wheel log recognizes V3S, but has no template, and defaults to v5. 
euc world identifies specific features that are not supported by the specific unicycle. 

would love to get that thing going for helping people learn euc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tan Ho said:

based on the E20 user manual, it appears the E20S is the old name for a lower battery capacity version of the E20. In the manual it's listed as the E20 Lite. .7kg lighter than the E20, and it has 120wh of battery as opposed to the E20's 240wh. Again, they may be two totally different wheels, but I am guessing that the E20S = E20 Lite.

1 hour ago, Jason McNeil said:

It's hard to get excited about this model, IMO the V3PRO/S from 9+ years ago looked better, was better made & had more features/capabilties.

All I can say is families will show up with their young ones and lined up so that their kids can get a chance to get to the E20 to start learning to ride. In the beginning, there were just a dad and his son. Then more and more people showed up, even on a raining event.

I am seeing it as a learning tool. I am not sure what features and capabilities would these young children would care about.

I am excited to see the next generation of euc riders increasing in numbers. Around here, I am not seeing more euc riders with each new year, at least at where I ride. I definitely seeing more e-scooter riders though. But by far, the most kind of riders I see while riding are the cyclists, no contest.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

400 is dirt cheap for any EUC that is not a pathetically underpowered China Solowheel clone! Surprised Inmotion managed to go so low! But this low price is exactly how to attract people who would be interested in a two-wheeler to get as first EUC:thumbup:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

400 is dirt cheap for any EUC that is not a pathetically underpowered China Solowheel clone! Surprised Inmotion managed to go so low!

It really is ! That's less than I paid for my first (single wheel) Airwheel all those years ago.

Those poor people who get lured in assuming ALL EUCs are so reasonably priced - guess those guys are in for a bit of a rude awakening !

Edited by Cerbera
  • Haha 2

It is in my opinion a smart move to funnel in new customers that isn't looking to a Bugatti speed moster like EUC. Many do not really know how an EUC can change lifestyle so they often start with a small investment. And it can serve both a kids model or a learning step. Or a small last mile or addition to have in a car incase you have a big parking lot. 

I see the E20 being the "Lil taste" that newcomers need to jump in like most of us did.  Once they hop on and get that feeling, then they are either hooked or just don't care for it.  I thought about buying one just for our friends and family to try when they come over.  We will see as I have way too many toys currently and the garage is running out of space.

5 minutes ago, Bigkidneys said:

I see the E20 being the "Lil taste" that newcomers need to jump in like most of us did.  Once they hop on and get that feeling, then they are either hooked or just don't care for it.

I'm not hooked at all. But somehow i spent 2500$ and am still riding the same wheel. I don't even go joy riding at all..

Beats riding bicycle, scooters and for sure walking. :D

How newcomers can feel anything on that wheel.. I imagine it's awkward as hell to ride E20. (They don't really get the real "feeling" that one wheeled wheels give.)

If we move two wheels apart we can insert the boards in the middle and we have a hoverboard. The hoverboard integrates the batteries into the pedals. The E20 is a twin wheel machine not a euc. If you mount a handlebar above you have a Segway. All of this already exists. The self-balancing scooter with seat exists for disabled people like a hands-free electric wheelchair from windrover.

41 minutes ago, varamontelo said:

If we move two wheels apart we can insert the boards in the middle and we have a hoverboard. The hoverboard integrates the batteries into the pedals. The E20 is a twin wheel machine not a euc. If you mount a handlebar above you have a Segway. All of this already exists. The self-balancing scooter with seat exists for disabled people like a hands-free electric wheelchair from windrover.

yes, it can be like a hoverboard or a segway, but issue is that you still have to do lateral balancing like a bike. i would almost coin a new term like e-bike with parallel/adjacent wheels.  :)

• Like 1

On 6/13/2024 at 7:32 PM, Jason McNeil said:

It looks like the V3Pro was $550 in 2015 USD.
I agree that the V3Pro had more utility, but the E20 design looks friendlier and more approachable.
The price is definitely more approachable.

Curious if the E25 will be another economical, but perhaps single-wheel version?
Something for E20 riders to graduate to?
Swap the weight savings of one less tire and a narrower rim, for a few more cells and you might have a 30lb wheel capable of 25km/h for ~$500.

On 6/13/2024 at 6:32 PM, Jason McNeil said:

You may have a point with the V3 and it served it's purpose when EUCs were still in its infancy and only the few and daring were willing to thread. But as it appears EUCs have reached a certain point of product maturity & evolution, it is ready to try to appeal to more of the general populace that may never consider an EUC before. The egg-shape curves of the E20 looks less intimidating compared to EUCs in general and the price-point is about right where folks are willing to spend $200-$400 for an expensive toy. 

You are correct the tires will be a PITA to change, so I think adding armordilloz would be recommended. 

And since this is a new wheel with a good price point, IM is likely to continue to mass produce it for a while so parts can be readily available. But hopefully, with such a low speed and such, controllers are not like to burn out or get damaged and replacing parts would be at a minimum.

I do regular teach folks how to ride EUCs on an AirWheel X8 with training brushes. But even with that, I can see some folks having trepidation to ride, which really hinders their progress. The E20 can complement my training lessons by getting folks started on an E20 first before I move them onto the AirWheel X8 with the training brushes.

And I also have the secret hope that my wife may be interested in jumping on the E20 and eventually learn how to ride an EUC. :D

1 hour ago, Asphalt said:

It looks like the V3Pro was $550 in 2015 USD.
I agree that the V3Pro had more utility, but the E20 design looks friendlier and more approachable.
The price is definitely more approachable.

Curious if the E25 will be another economical, but perhaps single-wheel version?
Something for E20 riders to graduate to?
Swap the weight savings of one less tire and a narrower rim, for a few more cells and you might have a 30lb wheel capable of 25km/h for ~$500.

That's not a bad idea if the E25 is a single wheel but wider tire version maybe of the E20? For a while, I was hoping someone would be interested in making an EUC using a OneWheel motor with the 6" tire. Perhaps the E25 would be that?

Someone earlier mentioned that the E20S may be the lighter battery version of the E20. That's a bit disappointing. They are supposed to start production on the E20S next month. Anyone heard any official IM announcements?

It's a sad state of affairs that the V11Y is the most attractive option out there for me right now.  The Falcon is interesting but the wheel diameter is too small. 

14- or 16-inch rim with a 2.5" knobby, progressive suspension, 2200 Wh, < 70 lbs.  Can it be done?

V11 was a great wheel, and I rode the heck out of it. its more ergonomically comfortable, head light is great, I feel like its about 90% of an EUC that anyone would need. I am not sure if I feel the same for the Falcon, it is cheaper and more compact, however its also slower and less stable. if I had to pick one I'll go with the V11Y also.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, macgyvercanada said:

It's a sad state of affairs that the V11Y is the most attractive option out there for me right now.  The Falcon is interesting but the wheel diameter is too small. 

14- or 16-inch rim with a 2.5" knobby, progressive suspension, 2200 Wh, < 70 lbs.  Can it be done?

Why not go the T4 Pro?

8 hours ago, Hsiang said:

V11 was a great wheel, and I rode the heck out of it. its more ergonomically comfortable, head light is great, I feel like its about 90% of an EUC that anyone would need. I am not sure if I feel the same for the Falcon, it is cheaper and more compact, however its also slower and less stable. if I had to pick one I'll go with the V11Y also.

The general design of the shell and suspension is good enough for most riders' needs but it makes pad mounting a real challenge.  I have the Clark V11 gen3 pads and there's limited placement options for them with a poor connection to the saddle/shell.  Adding a big fairing plate would help but it would also negate the V11's ergonomic design.

44 minutes ago, macgyvercanada said:

Waterproofing, mainly.  Nova Scotia is a damp province.  But fair point, the T4 Pro should also be on my radar.

Current Begode wheels are fairly water resistant, silicone and gaskets where they need to be.

Edited by Frolic0415

1 hour ago, Frolic0415 said:

Current Begode wheels are fairly water resistant, silicone and gaskets where they need to be.

Yet what you get at 25kg vs 30kg is day and night difference.. 2x battery size and much stronger motor. 

I want Falcon, but i know it's underwhelming spec/design wise.. (Spec - 1500W motor and 900Wh battery and no carry handle with easy to access lift button.) Where wheels like V11/12 have everything one would need, but are much heavier and not so great for last mileage wheels.  (Talking about 3 miles commutes daily and needing to carry wheel a lot.)

We need new updated V8/10 models.. With completely new design, with great carry handle which have built in easy to access lift button. Around ~20kg weight.

Edited by Funky
  • Upvote 2

I just hope there will be at least one decent last mileage wheel from each manufacturer this or next year..

Built like Falcon, but having a actual carry handle and lift button combo.

Edited by Funky

11 minutes ago, Funky said:

I just hope there will be at least one decent last mileage wheel from each manufacturer this or next year..

Built like Falcon, but having a actual carry handle and lift button combo.

The carry handle with integrated lift button is such an underrated feature!  

• Upvote 2