The Photo Thread

SlowMo

1 hour ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Bob looks pretty calm for a handsome looking guy..er dog.

Probably not the kind to need a 'thundershirt' to stay at ease.

http://www.thundershirt.com

I know he’s my son and all, but Bob is beautiful. he knows it. he hears it from everybody but it doesn’t give him a big head. he was born that way.

41031412704_9fda467247_b.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

This conversation vaguely reminds me of a time when my boss started talking to me about 'zinc fingers'.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zinc_finger

I'll bet you have decent zinc fingers.

damn Bob, u would have to explain this stuff to me. if u understand this, please look into cannibis and how it works. idk how it works, i don’t think the scientists are sure of how it works, i just know it does. 

the pharmaceutical companies are trying to make artificial cannabis oil without the psychoactive effects, which are uncomfortable to say the least, but i’m not sure if the psychoactive effects aren’t part of the cure.

9 hours ago, novazeus said:

ya, doctors are out to kill ya. that’s why i haven’t talked to any since 2014.

they would starve to death if they actually cured people.

Totally agree. I am off all my meds and doing better than I have in YEARS.  Eating correctly really is the best medicine. Never heard the Dr. mention that though. 

Well, we need to let this get back to photos. Best of luck with your health!

Here’s a pic of my 2 year old granddaughter in my full face helmee (her pronunciation)

13 hours ago, novazeus said:

Bob was suppose to be a coyote deterrent

When I was very young my Dad took me to meet his Aunt. What I remember most was this little dog yapping and running towards us as we entered her apartment.  

Great Aunt's dog

A few years ago I did a genealogy search. She was born in the late 1890s of parents who immigrated from Germany in the 1880s  (actually Alsace France following the Franco Prussian war ending in 1871). 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franco-Prussian_War

Great Aunt's dog

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, novazeus said:

damn Bob, u would have to explain this stuff to me

Then my boss started to talk about 'leucine zippers'

I was on a grocery run an hour ago. At an intersection I passed a stopped car going in the opposite direction. A sound from the open window said 'seriously'!?

IMHO people who are seated comfortably in a vehicle piloted by their hands and feet are supremely expressive about their choice of purchased mechanical mobility.

If I were wearing a full helmet and a@Rehab1 outfit I can't imagine what responses I'd get...if any.....chill..

I recognized a person who I frequently rode on the bus with as he turned his bicycle onto the bike trail I was leaving. Bike's have hit the local news as the main stream alternative transportation method. The latest news is 'dockless bike rentals' from a company called 'Lime bike' (sounds like something from the Florida Keys).

http://www.limebike.com

https://goo.gl/images/dmHzfY

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bostonglobe.com/business/2018/04/27/dockless-rental-bikes-lots-them-are-coming-this-summer/X4kqsynqJmeutWo0SX4kzJ/amp.html

I could probably get a bicycle and live with the choice for local rides.

6 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Marty, Linnea's too shy to say it publicly, but she's has a bit a crush on you in that leather jacket & the Tesla ? It must be the bad boy image.

I knew it!  Marty is secretly in cahoots with Gotway!  ?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Marty, Linnea's too shy to say it publicly, but she's has a bit a crush on you in that leather jacket & the Tesla ? It must be the bad boy image.

:D That's so funny. She does give me lots of likes on Facebook :)

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Bob Eisenman said:

I recognized a person who I frequently rode on the bus with as he turned his bicycle onto the bike trail I was leaving. Bike's have hit the local news as the main stream alternative transportation method. The latest news is 'dockless bike rentals' from a company called 'Lime bike' (sounds like something from the Florida Keys).

LimeBike has rolled out their full fleet offerings in San Diego (bikes, ebikes, and e-scooters).... Now if InMotion can use their San Diego connections to add their own e-scooters and EUC's to the mix  - that would be awesome! :w00t2:

• Like 1

A few door steps away from where I stood taking this picture a woman parked her car. As she got out of her parked car she looked at me and said 'excuse me...could you please tell me what that is'? Then she went into her apt building.

On the train ride home , one stop from where I get off, a young rider got on board looked around the car where I sat close to the exit with my Monster occupying the fold up seat space next to me and the wall of the car. As the ticket collector with whom I have good train rider relationship approached he said 'there aren't any more seats'. She looked at him and said 'go one car up...plenty if seats there.... I'll collect your ticket there'.

Spring buds near Bunker Hill monument

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jason McNeil said:

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

:D That's so funny. She does give me lots of likes on Facebook :)

Marty I noticed that your helmet size is getting larger?    :efeeec645d: 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Then my boss started to talk about 'leucine zippers'

I was on a grocery run an hour ago. At an intersection I passed a stopped car going in the opposite direction. A sound from the open window said 'seriously'!?

IMHO people who are seated comfortably in a vehicle piloted by their hands and feet are supremely expressive about their choice of purchased mechanical mobility.

If I were wearing a full helmet and a@Rehab1 outfit I can't imagine what responses I'd get...if any.....chill..

http://www.limebike.com

https://goo.gl/images/dmHzfY

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bostonglobe.com/business/2018/04/27/dockless-rental-bikes-lots-them-are-coming-this-summer/X4kqsynqJmeutWo0SX4kzJ/amp.html

I could probably get a bicycle and live with the choice for local rides.

yeah it is funny how people react to something different and new. 

when i first saw a wheel in 2015, i thought, cool, what a good idea. i never talked to the rider. i think a lot of people have instant disdain and know zero about them.

it would be interesting to poll people about their feelings about euc’s when they see one.

33 minutes ago, novazeus said:

maybe its a catholic thing but when I was accepted to graduate school in the 1970s one of the other employees, who hung with us on the weekends partying on Fridays or skiing in the winter, also hung with some priests farther north on a self sufficient farm. She said 'I'll pray for your soul' which sent a funny message.

4 hours ago, novazeus said:

when i first saw a wheel in 2015, i thought, cool, what a good idea. i never talked to the rider. i think a lot of people have instant disdain and know zero about them.

it would be interesting to poll people about their feelings about euc’s when they see one.

I'm all over Los Angeles and I get nothing but positive feedback. Disdain would be the last word to enter my mind when describing reactions to me and the wheel. Must be a lot of crabby people living in Florida.

6 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm all over Los Angeles and I get nothing but positive feedback. Disdain would be the last word to enter my mind when describing reactions to me and the wheel. Must be a lot of crabby people living in Florida.

east coast, lots of old people from up north. i think californians are much more tolerant. that’s why i think a poll would be interesting. even if somebody hated u and the wheel u rode in on, they might still give u positive feedback, to ur face.

3 hours ago, novazeus said:

east coast, lots of old people from up north. i think californians are much more tolerant. that’s why i think a poll would be interesting. even if somebody hated u and the wheel u rode in on, they might still give u positive feedback, to ur face.

You have a cynical view of the human race. Here we definitely disagree :(

2 hours ago, fryman said:

Took a 31 mile solo ride yesterday on the Blue Trace

Looks like the East Old Lexington road parking lot. Nice trail on paper. That tall tree next to the power line still looks about the same as in your picture.

East Old Lexington Road

Edited by Bob Eisenman