The Photo Thread

SlowMo

On 4/19/2018 at 3:47 PM, GoinPostal said:

I’m 250 pounds and my KS18S would take me up that no problem. 

I "assume" your joking. If it looks that steep in a picture it's much worse in the flesh. Its like the trying to ride out of a bowl. It's probably over 60%, perhaps a lot more.

• Like 1

@1Wheeler, @noisycarlos, @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer", myself, and @Jeffrey Scott Will enjoyed some great riding in the hills above Los Angeles. Here we are on the Helipad in Griffith Park. A gorgeous evening for riding.

IMG_20180421_165954983_HDR

• Like 2

Scouting a new rider route to Newburyport with Google Maps.

New route to Newburyport

Using the rail trail kept me off of roads not having sidewalks but an official response to my question 'is an EUC a motorized vehicle', because a sign at the trail entrance says 'absolutely no motor vehicles' reads:

Email response:

"Motorized vehicles of any type are not allowed on the trail. This is both to meet MBTA regulations (part the MBTA lease agreement for using their rail bed) and safety reasons on a narrow shared-use path."

Herrick Farm

"Thanks for checking in with us and I hope you understand our reasons for limiting motorized traffic on the trail."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Scouting a new rider route to Newburyport with Google Maps.

Using the rail trail kept me off of roads not having sidewalks but an official response to my question 'is an EUC a motorized vehicle', because a sign at the trail entrance says 'absolutely no motor vehicles' reads:

Email response:

"Motorized vehicles of any type are not allowed on the trail. This is both to meet MBTA regulations (part the MBTA lease agreement for using their rail bed) and safety reasons on a narrow shared-use path."

"Thanks for checking in with us and I hope you understand our reasons for limiting motorized traffic on the trail."

Do you see many police on the trails issuing tickets, I ask sarcastically ;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Do you see many police on the trails issuing tickets, I ask sarcastically ;)

?

http://www.salemnews.com/news/local_news/rail-trail-reality-it-s-perception/article_03bda08d-4b23-5ed4-8238-f8f016bf774a.html

Edited by Bob Eisenman

1 hour ago, Bob Eisenman said:

I take that as a no. You would be long long gone by the time any police responded to a rare complain. In the vast majority of cases, the average person doesn't place our quiet EUCs in the same category as a 'motorized vehicle'.

On 4/22/2018 at 10:18 PM, Bob Eisenman said:

A person at a road crossing abutting property where the sign is seen shouted ' that's not a bicycle'.

Duuuh... ? 

Its annoying-eucs have a smaller footprint than bicycles and one can travel just as slowly

On 4/22/2018 at 12:40 PM, Marty Backe said:

@1Wheeler, @noisycarlos, @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer", myself, and @Jeffrey Scott Will enjoyed some great riding in the hills above Los Angeles. Here we are on the Helipad in Griffith Park. A gorgeous evening for riding.

IMG_20180421_165954983_HDR

I never get tired of seeing photos of a bunch of friends together enjoying this hobby. 

Did I hear helipad? Is it owned by a commercial operator just for scenic tours or open to the public? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

I never get tired of seeing photos of a bunch of friends together enjoying this hobby. 

Did I hear helipad? Is it owned by a commercial operator just for scenic tours or open to the public? 

:D

The 'helopad' is a large paved area (we are standing on the edge of it) used to support helicopter activities associated with wildfire firefighting activities.

Here's the Google Maps point of where the picture was taken: https://goo.gl/maps/b7HbYxSgsPG2

• Like 1

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

2cool4helmet with the sleek Tesla?:efee8319ab:

I forgot to throw my helmet in the truck when I went to work today. That wasn't going to stop me from taking a ride to the ocean :D

Fortunately, like 99.9 percent of my rides, I didn't have an accident this day, but I did feel a tiny bit more exposed :cry2:

36 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

:D

The 'helopad' is a large paved area (we are standing on the edge of it) used to support helicopter activities associated with wildfire firefighting activities.

Here's the Google Maps point of where the picture was taken: https://goo.gl/maps/b7HbYxSgsPG2

Ok that makes sense. I never had a chance to fly choppers in California. The furthest west was Tempe, Az.

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 8:02 AM, Marty Backe said:

Took the Tesla for a ride along the oceanfront today

IMG_20180424_172803845_HDR

i couldnt tag you for some reason. So i quoted you.

*dramatic music playing in the background*

which is best.

The Gotway Tesla... 

Or

The Inmotion V10F?

and what are the differences?

Edited by Shad0z
  • Like 1